Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Slashㅤ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently trying to extract Sonic Mania's NCA that I got off my eMMC. I put in my console's secure boot key along with the tsec key. I also put in the only decrypted title key that I got from a 4kb nca that had the same title ID as the large NCA. It's telling me that sections 0 and 1 are corrupted. I have no clue where to go on from this.

Last edited by Slashㅤ, , Reason: Use descriptive version I put in Nintendo Homebrew's switch assistance channel

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course. Patience is a virtue, first Atmosphere needs to be released in the first place.

I have an important question to ask:

If RCM is invoked while the switch is in the dock, can the exploit be delivered through one of the port replicated USB ports?

If so, I will be a very happy bastard.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an important question to ask:

If RCM is invoked while the switch is in the dock, can the exploit be delivered through one of the port replicated USB ports?

If so, I will be a very happy bastard.

I can't honestly say for sure, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Did you have a plan to stash a small RaspPi in the empty space in the back of the dock or something?

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't honestly say for sure, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Did you have a plan to stash a small RaspPi in the empty space in the back of the dock or something?

Modified zsun card reader, actually. (building custom image for FG injection now, will get device in a few days from amazon.)

I'm not holding my breath; I have also purchased a USB-C male to USB-A female adapter for it which claims switch compatibility. (heh, we'll see.) Just being able to install it in the space in the back of the dock would be pure win.

Last edited by Wierd_w,

OGDUCK6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am looking to install homebrew on my switch to have a play around with and learn how it all works,
I already have a 128GB SD card in my switch that has games on it. When I go to install homebrew should i use a new SD card or is it safe to use the same card?

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, should I keep my Switch at 4.0.1?

I would suggest doing so, yes. 4.1.0 is the highest firmware with known means of software entry (Deja-vu), meaning if you hold off on update, it is eventually going to get coldboot support without FG every time.

marios75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys can anyone help me with a guide to backup my NAND? I just got a switch with 3.0.0 and I haven't done anything to it yet. Since i'm on 3.0.0 I don't need a jig to do it right? At least that's how I understood things or is it just for homebrew?

Blank67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sup' guys, I have a FAT32 32GB SD Card. However, it does not seems to work with Hekate. I can go in RCM just fine, but when I select "Launch Firmware", a red message says : "Failed to mount SD Card. ( Make sure it is inserted. )"

Obviously, my SD Card is inserted, so, what am I doing wrong ?

Doickls

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that this is early stuff and it's obviously gonna be unstable, but I can't do anything on CFW without it crashing after a few minutes
like if i sneeze on it, it crashes

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is anybody working a way to boot fusee gelee without the shorting pin method?

Everybody's saying to wait and not update, since early FW will have a better way to boot into CFW, but is anyone working into it?

king_lemmiwinks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, new here. Any place you guys recommend to keep updated on emulator news for the switch.
I am excited to play older games on my switch but would like to check out a place where emulator news for the switch is organized and compiled. while i am interested in homebrew i still want to be able to see a snapshot of just emulator specific news.

thank you

Reactions: OGDUCK6

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modified zsun card reader, actually. (building custom image for FG injection now, will get device in a few days from amazon.)

Interesting
Hello, new here. Any place you guys recommend to keep updated on emulator news for the switch.
I am excited to play older games on my switch but would like to check out a place where emulator news for the switch is organized and compiled. while i am interested in homebrew i still want to be able to see a snapshot of just emulator specific news.

thank you

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-switch.492920/
Only operates on v3.0.0 and lower as of writing this.

Alternatively, @natinusala is working on a Lakka port. https://gbatemp.net/threads/dev-launchmycraft-ported-lakka-to-the-switch.503646/

seriouscatt

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wanted to confirm, would this usb be fine for firmware/doing anything with a switch?
Cant link it, but its advertised as a usb-c switch charging cable.
Just wanted to make sure I bought the right thing and have all the stuff I need.
Have a jig and a pc with usb 3.0 as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol