Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Troy896

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have one question I haven't found around here, if I cannot access a computer to put the files onto my SD card, would I be able to use my phone? Or will my s8 format the SD card/ not be able to read it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sora Takihawa To be fair, I am using a paperclip which is even less guaranteed to work, but you may be right. I also just literally tried to replicate the issue and I can confirm that 3 out of 5 times Windows initially listed it as an APX device but soon stopped meaning it booted into RCM for like a second but then quickly booted back out. What I did was when I heard the sound that Windows detected a device disconnecting (meaning the Switch's screen is still black while holding power and vol +), I tried booting RCM again and it worked. Before that, whenever it connected then disconnected, I took out the usb cable and plugged it back in and sure enough the Switch was charging. Consistency is hard to achieve with the size of these pins.

@Troy896 It is possible with an app called NXLoader. Here is the download page: https://github.com/DavidBuchanan314/NXLoader

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ShawnTRods[/USER] No problems, the forum is kind of unorganized at the moment so unless you've been paying attention since early on, it's hard to make heads and tails of what's what. Allow me to explain. Recently, a new exploit has been revealed that takes advantage of the Switch's recovery mode, or RCM for short. To do this, like you would with any other device, you would press home and volume up. The problem is there is no physical home button on the Switch, or at least it appears so. The 10th pin on the right rail on the Switch is the "Home Button". Shorting this pin, which means sending an excess amount of electricity, will mimic pressing the home button. To do this, the original method involved bending pins 9 and 10 on either the Switch's rail or on the right Joy-Con. But that's a little dangerous as there are safer methods of shorting pin 10. All you really need is a way to conduct a current into pin 10 from something that is grounded such as pin 1, the screws on the Joy-Coin rail, or even the metal within the fan. Here is a thread of all the various ways to enter RCM aka shorting pin 10: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-mods-to-enter-rcm.502145/

Makes sense :D tin foil method seems to be do-able. But wont be permanent. Anyone selling the jig on ebay or anywhere? thanks

Troy896

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[
@Troy896 It is possible with an app called NXLoader. Here is the download page:[/QUOTE]
I got that, but im asking about putting the payload and for example checkpoint, onto the SD card from the switch, using my phone file browser?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Troy896 The phone is only capable of delivering payloads not launching homebrew because the homebrew is designed to be run on the Switch, not from the phone.

@Sora Takihawa The fact that the pins are shorter might be the culprit. It also doesn't help that you can't tell if the jig is touching the pins or not. And if its any consolation, I don't think windows is at fault here. But I am using Windows 7

Fultos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone!

Let's hope you can save me :P (Firmware 5.0.2)

I've been the pin and boot sequence thingny and everything went fine. I can choose album and it starts hbmenu v2.0.0 just fine, but.... I always get : "No applicaitons could be found on the SD card. Make sure a folder named /switch existsin the root of the SD card and it contains applications."

I do have a "switch" folder on the root of the SD card (not misspelled)

I do have applications in it, I've got appstore and SNES

First I tough that maybe it could be something about file type since I'm using OSX, I've done it trough Win7, same results.

I have desactivate internet and did not add the DNS since I'm using 5.0.2.

So what am I missing?
Thanks in advance!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Fultos Try reading here first: https://gbatemp.net/threads/no-applications-could-be-found-on-the-sd-card.501279/page-3 Seems to be a really weird issue that has no explanation. You did everything correctly as well as certain other people, but sometimes it won't read the contents inside the "switch" folder. Play around with the steps of moving the files on the SD card. Also be sure to read the last post in that thread by "notimp" as he directed another user towards fixing the same issue with a possible explanation.

Fultos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Fultos Try reading here first: CANT POST THE LINK SINCE I'M NEW :P Seems to be a really weird issue that has no explanation. You did everything correctly as well as certain other people, but sometimes it won't read the contents inside the "switch" folder. Play around with the steps of moving the files on the SD card. Also be sure to read the last post in that thread by "notimp" as he directed another user towards fixing the same issue with a possible explanation.

Thanks I'm wondering if this not the 64GB or still the file type

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sora Takihawa I think you should entering RCM with something else that will give you more control and assurance at the cost of user-friendliness. Here is a list that other people compiled: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-mods-to-enter-rcm.502145/ My only other piece of advice is to keep trying because I get the same problem as you do and I got of it by trying to boot into RCM multiple times. On my end, I know I'm getting the same error as you because it momentarily shows up as an APX device but then it immediately goes away. Windows also plays a sound when it shows up as an APX device and when it goes away. If its never shown up as an APX device, or even tried to install the drivers for it (which it has to the first time for APX devices), then your Switch might have never been in RCM to begin with.

@Fultos I don't believe its due to the size but probably the formatting of the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.