Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

7Akira7

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe not completely right in this thread, but..

It is normal, that Windows reports a virus in the devkitA64 and doesn't allow me to install it?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So lets say I'm on FW 1.0. I want to use a 256GB memory card for all my emunand stuff when CFW happens. Would doing the memory card update update the system itself to the latest fw??

Yanda

Trophies
XP
Country
So lets say I'm on FW 1.0. I want to use a 256GB memory card for all my emunand stuff when CFW happens. Would doing the memory card update update the system itself to the latest fw??
It can only be updated on game cards or online.
2GB or less = SD [FAT/FAT16]
4GB to 32GB = SDHC [FAT32]
Greater than 32GB (e.g. 64GB) = SDXC [exFAT]
so, your SD Card is exFAT format.
If you want to use without updating, format it to FAT32.

This is the knowledge I got from searching.

Reactions: nero99

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on 4.1.0. Is there an estimate on when an exploit will be released?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
There isn't. It's a complicated, unofficial exploit in development by hobby developers working for their own enjoyment, and the iteration you want is nowhere near the top of their queue of things to do. It'll be ready when it's ready.

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What links/people should I watch/follow to be update of current status of latest fw exploits?

I only have one Switch and buying another one just for homebrew is kinda prohibitive. I've heard there's something being worked on for every possible firmware, but the only thing I could find was that Team Xecuter exploit that'll probably be paid.

TheGreek Boy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece
What links/people should I watch/follow to be update of current status of latest fw exploits?

I only have one Switch and buying another one just for homebrew is kinda prohibitive. I've heard there's something being worked on for every possible firmware, but the only thing I could find was that Team Xecuter exploit that'll probably be paid.
just don't update your switch again. there is trustzonehax in the latest firmware. 1.0.0 will get cfw first, then 2.x - 3.0.0 and then 3.0.1 - 4.1.0.

nkdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Probably 3.0.1-4.0.1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

At this point, unless you manage to find a switch on 3.0.0 or under, it's just better to update

:/ i really wanted to try switch homebrew. Whatever i'll wait a little more then :$

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can only be updated on game cards or online.
2GB or less = SD [FAT/FAT16]
4GB to 32GB = SDHC [FAT32]
Greater than 32GB (e.g. 64GB) = SDXC [exFAT]
so, your SD Card is exFAT format.
If you want to use without updating, format it to FAT32.

This is the knowledge I got from searching.

Would we be able to use FAT32 GUI Formatter to make it work this way? http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

I used on my Wii's 256GB SDXC card and formatted it to FAT32 and haven't had any problems.

I also used this on my external Wii HDD's to format my 4TB & 8TB drives to FAT32 which worked great and am still using them today. While my 4TB is set to 32k cluster size, note that on my 8TB I had to use a cluster size of 64k to see the entire drive, but it works great.

Last edited by ca032769,

Galaxysm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just got a switch on version 3.0.0 I did all that to install HBL. It worked. So I got botw but in the back it has the number (002) meaning I can't play it on my Switch. Since I won't be using my Switch until something good comes out on HBL, is it safe to keep the Switch off (battery at 100%)?

Sayora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just got a switch on version 3.0.0 I did all that to install HBL. It worked. So I got botw but in the back it has the number (002) meaning I can't play it on my Switch. Since I won't be using my Switch until something good comes out on HBL, is it safe to keep the Switch off (battery at 100%)?
I can not think of any scenario where it would be a bad idea to turn your Switch off. Except when you are in the middle of a system update, but you don't plan on doing that anyway.

Reactions: Galaxysm

teelo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I can not think of any scenario where it would be a bad idea to turn your Switch off. Except when you are in the middle of a system update, but you don't plan on doing that anyway.
I think you're both forgetting about the "use it or lose it" rule. If you ever go more than a week without turning your Switch on and playing a game, Nintendo will storm your house, take back your switch, and kick your dog.

Last edited by teelo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!