Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Gavin80001x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. But totk with edizon on emunand cfw would be better than sys cfw right? What is the benefit of using it in sys cfw anyway?
I have a friend that wants me to mod their save. Basically they have an unmodded Switch so I would get their save on my SysNand with Cloud, mod the save (basically just giving it 999 of all materials and all weapons/armor sets), uploading the save, then he gets to download it. I see some people actually service this but I'd rather do it myself.

Reactions: DevilzCY

ani44singh

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I just instaled the hwfly v5
Every reading with my multimeter is ok except of die B connector.
I have 2 short green blinks, a longer green blink and then a short red blink

My thougt it is the B point because I can't get any reading from the B point.
It will not beep.
I also get no beep with no solder at the B point to ground.

My second thought is the emmc chip.I have there 0.540 V

When I unplug the cables from the modchip, should the console normaly boot?
I tried this and it is not booting :(

Lindo_Mu

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i was wondering if i can use a broken joycon to enter recovery mode or it has to be working to function. i don't want to ruin my working joycon so was planning to buy a broken one from ebay and try soldering it (it would be my first time soldering and will most likely mess up😅🤣). if you could also tell me which "requirements" a joycon have to to be moded to work as a jig.
thanks and i hope someone can understand what i mean🤣🤣

brigada75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! I'm thinking about selling my V1 Switch to get the OLED model.
So I'd like to make a factory reset to clean the console.

01 I have a Nand backup I made when modding my Switch

02 I've setup an EMUMMC and currently I'm using Hecate + Atmosphere on their latest version.

03 Never went online with my CFW

There's a guide to clean all this stuff so I can sell safely my console?

Thx!

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i was wondering if i can use a broken joycon to enter recovery mode or it has to be working to function. i don't want to ruin my working joycon so was planning to buy a broken one from ebay and try soldering it (it would be my first time soldering and will most likely mess up😅🤣). if you could also tell me which "requirements" a joycon have to to be moded to work as a jig.
thanks and i hope someone can understand what i mean🤣🤣
A simple jig would be enough, I think. There's no need to get a broken joycon just for jig function. You could also modify your existing right joycon. The simplest mod is just one wire to solder. But if you're afraid of messing it up, you should go for a jig.
Hi! I'm thinking about selling my V1 Switch to get the OLED model.
So I'd like to make a factory reset to clean the console.

01 I have a Nand backup I made when modding my Switch

02 I've setup an EMUMMC and currently I'm using Hecate + Atmosphere on their latest version.

03 Never went online with my CFW

There's a guide to clean all this stuff so I can sell safely my console?

Thx!
If you never went online with CFW, just removing the SD card and factory reset should do the job to clean everything. Re-flashing the old nand backup could be risky as the telemetry would be different and Nintendo could flag the console for a ban if it went online. That's if you went online with OFW. If you never did, you can re-install the Nand backup safely.

Reactions: brigada75

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exfat as i said it works fine if i chainload using hekate. The problem only occurs when i rename fusee.bin to payload.bin on my sd card.
Well there could be corruption on your SD card preventing it from working with fusee. Backup everything on your SD card somewhere else, format the SD card to FAT32, then put all of the files back onto the card so you can try launching with fusee again.
hello all i've an old switch modded with SX OS mod with firmware 10..... i think is old for all the games come out now there is some kinda of guide for change in a mod with all the update of firmware and games too thanks in advance
You can just download and use Atmosphere instead as it is regularly updated. As for your firmware, you can use the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere.
Gotcha! It's a 128GB card, do you have a good tool to use to format it to FAT32? My file explorer on my laptop is only letting me format it to NTFS or exFAT (Presumably because of the size). Thank you for the help!
Use the official formatter from the SD card assocation.
hello ,

got new proble, games from Tinfoil like octopath travel 2 or zelda totk , are downloading throught Tinffoil but they not instalink.
I see them in switch menu but it seys "You must have the software in order to play" got 16.0.2 | 1.5.3 E older games downloading and installing properly and work fine , got singpatches today ( new one ) can anyone help me please ?

thank you
You're using a bad title installer that is known to cause problems. I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and never have any issues when using it.
Heyah.
I'm coming here for some "dead" console issue. I was playing with my CFW Switch. Low battery, didn't focus. So I got the screen with battery low, but then black screen. No little icon of the lack of battery like it should do.

Tried to plug in to my PC, no RCM detected. Tried to put it on charge (20 minutes maybe) and then plug it in again nothing.

Any help ?
Thanks o/
Do you have AutoRCM enabled?
I have an SX OS. I have not used it/updated anything in 2 years.

What do I have to do to play TOTK on it?
You can just download and use Atmosphere instead as it is regularly updated. As for your firmware, you can use the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere.
How can I change my switch theme to the mandalorian star wars background but it won't let me.
Have you tried following this guide?

XxxDark_MasterxxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been about 2 years since i last modded my switch, so i'm not sure if there is a proven method to fix my issue or not, but my switch doesn't seem to want to to turn on now that i had manually turned it off while it was on low battery, none of the button combos work and rcm is not being detected with/without the Jig.
-left it charging after 24+ hours
-AutoRCM is/was enabled prior to this
-switch battery was around 13% before i manually shut it off
It's still charging after holding down the power button but still no sign of it turning on with or without rcm.
(also the dock does respond but only flashes green for a split second, so its safe to assume its not bricked(?) )

Last edited by XxxDark_MasterxxX,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been about 2 years since i last modded my switch, so i'm not sure if there is a proven method to fix my issue or not, but my switch doesn't seem to want to to turn on now that i had manually turned it off while it was on low battery, none of the button combos work and rcm is not being detected with/without the Jig.
-left it charging after 24+ hours
-AutoRCM is/was enabled prior to this
-switch battery was around 13% before i manually shut it off
It's still charging after holding down the power button but still no sign of it turning on with or without rcm.
Charge for another 48-72 hour's

Ganesha0112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can use NXNandmanager to mount your SDCard emunand and then copy the /USER/saves to to your PC. At that point you can recover them with JKSV. If you temporarily run CFW and JKSV on your Sysnand (not a bannable offense) you can restore saves. All that said, if you are cheating or manipulating saves for Online games you have a high likelihood of getting caught and banned from the game or possibly your entire console banned.

Switch Banning Hub The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!
Sorry for answer this post a year later. But, to extract a save data from the /USER/ I need to put on the SD root? Or just run CFW on the sysnand and run JKSV?

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Draxzelex can you refresh my memory? (I'm about to update my emuMMC, and I can't seem to remember this, even though I ran into this issue once.,) When new switch firmware updates the cartridge slot, what does that affect again? I can't remember which one of the scenarios I am about to present is correct:

A. If I update my CFW for the emuMMC side of my switch and THEN update the Switch firmware on my emuMMC side, Does it matter if my emuMMC firmware is HIGHER than my sysMMC firmware? (Does this stop the cartridge slot from working on the sysMMC side if there is game cartridge slot firmware updates in the updated firmware? (I remember a scenario where my game slot wouldn't work, but I can't remember if that was the sysMMC side or the emuMMC side....if I update the firmware on my emuMMC side of my switch and THERE are game cartridge slot firmware updates in the firmware and the game cartridge slot gets the update, will that render the game cartridge slot on the sysMMC side un-usable until I update? As well, does this burn fuses...I just can't remember...

B. If I update my sysMMC firmware side first (which may update the game slot firmware), is this the safest bet because I can just dump the firmware from my sysMMC side and then apply it with daybreak on the emuMMC side and then all will be well because both sides will be on the same firmware and Game slot firmware correct?

As well, I believe I have my ini files set to nogc=1 which protects the firmware on the Game slot from being updated if the update is done on the emuMMC side,,,

I think the whole game cartridge slot rendered disabled ordeal I explained can occur from updating the firmware on the emuMMC side when nogc=0 is set which means the game cartridge slot gets updated on the emuMMC side, which burns fuses when you boot to the sysMMC side as it is discovered that somehow your game cartridge slot firmware is above the regular Nintendo firmware on the sysMMC side. Are my memories correct? Feel free to CORRECT me on any of this. I'm just making sure I have everything in order before I update.

(PS - Do you guys know how high my firmware has to be for TOTK?). As well I read some news about bugs in Atmosphere 1.5.3 and fixes possibly in pre-release 1.5.4 for problems with layeredfs mods. Do we know if these bugs are fixed in AMS 1.5.4? It seems from the read-me for pre-release 1.5.4 they are, but if anyone has tried it, and knows, that would be cool.
Thanks for everything in advance.

UPDATE: I solved my issues. I updated everything. Here what I did:
- Dropped new atmosphere 1.5.3 into SD Card (latest Stable) https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
- Dropped newest Hekate 6.0.4
- Updated Sig Patches (Backward Compatible)
- Used TOTK cart to update Sysmmc side to 15.0.1
- Booted in RCM mode using TegraRCMGUI
- Loaded payload TegraExplorer.bin
- backed up firmware using TagraExplorer to SD Card
- Booted into emuMMC, Used Daybreak to upgrade firmware use backed up file from tagraexplorer
- Rebooted, Atmosphere puked onitseld dumping fatal error on TitleID 4200000000000010
- Pulled out SD card went to Atmosphere-->Contents-->Delete TitleID folder 4200000000000010
- Reboot to emuMMC, and emuMMC booted
- Updated any HROs that needed updating
- $Profited
- All games are Booting with the newest sig patches.

Yay.

Last edited by microchipman,

alex3137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have an OLED switch modded with HWFLY. I doesn't seem to shutdown properly. If I shut it down with 100% battery and start it 6 hours later, the battery will be around 50%. Sleep mode consumes less battery than shutdown mode... Any idea how to fix this ?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an OLED switch modded with HWFLY. I doesn't seem to shutdown properly. If I shut it down with 100% battery and start it 6 hours later, the battery will be around 50%. Sleep mode consumes less battery than shutdown mode... Any idea how to fix this ?
AutoRCM

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Modchip eating the battery. Unfortunately can't help, but maybe some experts could give some advice.
AutoRCM? That would be useless on an OLED with modchip.

RadiantVaporeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a couple questions:

1) how easy would it be to transfer saves back and forth from yuzu to an unmodded switch using a modded one as a middleman? so it would be yuzu -> modded -> unmodded and vice versa. I do own a copy of the game and have NSO.

2) I ordered a v1 switch, when it comes in should I do a system transfer with my current OLED? Or should I just keep it fresh and just use it as a way to get my saves onto my OLED? My understanding is that if both switches are on the same nintendo account I can just use the official method of transferrring saves provided I import it to cfw sysnand

3) what's the easiest way to go about this? I want to be able to play my game on pc and move it onto my oled when I want to go out

Mr_Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody,

I red the avoid banning hub
So now i'm aware about what i should not do.
But i still got a question...
Are sysnand and emunand linked ?
I mean if i use the OFW to play online and the emuMMC to do hack things, do i need to restore the clean nand twice ?
Plus is it safe to do that to avoid ban ?

I think i'll keep a clean nand backup forever on my PC But i don't understand everything.
To summarize this is the steps i have to do :
1. Make the clean NAND backups before doing anything with HEKATE
2. Create EMUMMC
3. Go to EMUMMC without going online to do my hack stuff
4. Restore the clean NAND backup with Hekate... if NAND is shared with EMUMMC and SYSMMC, i have to do that once but if it's not how can i restore emuMMC NAND ?
5. Go to Sysnand to play online.
6. Make a new unclean sysnand backup with hekate.
7. Go to emummc to do new hack stuff.
8. Do the manipulations once again.
I already had a banned switch so even if that looks easy to people, i prefer to be extra carreful and that's why i'm asking you what's on top.

Last questions :
Is it risky to play offline on emummc to have access to things like overclocking and so on?
I'm asking all that crap because when my first switch got banned it was on sleep mode and i wasn't using it... so now i'm afraid they store the data and they can still check the console to ban you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol