Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How exactly are you entering the homebrew menu via title override? That is to say, what game/title are you using to title override with?

1. The opposite applies here. Older Switches are worth modding than newer consoles. The reason is newer devices require a modchip to be hacked unlike older Switches
  2. Nobody is going to make an aimbot because you would get banned fairly quickly after using it

The issue lies with your SD card. Backup all of the files on it to your computer, format the SD card to FAT32, then you can put the files back onto the card.

Delete your /atmosphere folder then download a new one from the official GitHub page.

Well is there a file called package 3 inside your /atmosphere folder? The error is saying its failing to read that when using the fusee payload.

Hello Draxzelex,

I am entering to the Homebrew Menu trough a specific Homebrew Menu forwarder; and now that you asked me this question, I tried to enter trough any other game, maintaining the R button pressed, and the problem won't be reproduced, so it is related to the specific Homebrew Menu forwarder...

Do you know any way to fix this? Or I must enter trough any other game to avoid the error?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Gavin80001x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I got an interesting situation, trying to mod a save for my friend for Totk, he wants stuff like max rupees, stam, all weapons/armor sets, materials seeds etc right from the start of the game. Basically I'd get his save from Cloud then modify it to get all those in, upload it back to his Cloud then he can download it (he has an unpatched/unmodded Switch and I've seen others do this).

My question is what would be the best way about going this, Edizon/Breeze seems safe on Sysnand but I'm not sure if they have those options (keep in mind most I've done is Smash Mods and PKHex, haven't used Edizon/Breeze before). If not those two, should I edit the save on Yuzu/Ryujinx if they have those options then get it back onto my Switch and into his on Cloud? Thanks. :)

Last edited by Gavin80001x,

CatTheDestroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey everyone!
Basically i have a legit copy of totk and ive already sank like 10-20hrs into it, but id like to give the cartridge to my partner so they can play as well since i can get the game on my emunand.
Is there a way to transfer saves from sysnand to emunand without copying the whole system?

Gavin80001x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey lads.

There are save files on GBATemp, mostly stuff for 100% or all items. Is it safe if I put these on my own sysnand? I would ONLY be doing this for single player games like Totk, Resident Evil, etc. I've edited with PKHex and been fine, but that was editing my own save, not other player's saves. Thanks.

Last edited by Gavin80001x,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far it still hasn't booted up even after 48+ hourse since i've left it charging way before i posted. is there something else i can do to maybe somehow "reset" my system back or maybe mess with the files in the SD to somehow disable autoRCM?
AutoRCM is within the hardware not on the sd card

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So I was looking into getting the latest cheat manager and overlay, I see that in the HB store, the latest cheat manager is EdiZon-SE by WerWolv updated last on the 29th of April (29/04/2023).
I also looked around the AIO and saw that I can download GBAtemp.net cheat archive and graphic enhancing cheats.
I pretty much want to know what if I can download that EdiZon from the HB store and then use the AIO to download cheats, would they both work/integrate? Also - I noticed that the download of EdiZon from the HB store doesn't include the .ovl file, where do I get an updated one for that and why isn't it included?
Thanks!

obierice

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to update my Switch (which I haven't done in a long time) so I can play TOTK.

I have a new computer and when I plugged in my SD card, it made me format it so there's nothing on it. I downloaded the latest Atmosphere (1.5.4), Hekate (6.04) and sig patches. Extracted everything into my SD card but when I go to inject Hekate, I get the error:

"Old Nyx Gui detected, there will be dragons " - which from what I've read means I need to update Hekate which makes no sense because I downloaded the latest versions.

And If I press a button to go through to the next step, it says:

"unknown pkg1 version hos version not supported or emummc corrupt failed to launch HOS"

Any ideas?

XxxDark_MasterxxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after charging my switch for nearly 3 days, still no sign of it booting up, RCM not being detected and just frustration since my last switch didn't take even more than 5 hours to boot up. anyone else here have any solution besides charging it more.

Jimmmae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone!
Basically i have a legit copy of totk and ive already sank like 10-20hrs into it, but id like to give the cartridge to my partner so they can play as well since i can get the game on my emunand.
Is there a way to transfer saves from sysnand to emunand without copying the whole system?
There's this homebrew software called Checkpoint (google "Checkpoint switch" and you'll get it) that gives you access to your save data. If you boot into sysmmc and launch checkpoint, you can get your save data. Then, you can boot into emmummc and install your save data there.

Tbh, I don't see much of a point in using the above approach when you could just use a new system account. If you make a new account on your switch, that will work as a way to get a new game on totk. I guess the only benefit of going the checkpoint route is if you want to also play with your save in an emulator.

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everybody,

I red the avoid banning hub
So now i'm aware about what i should not do.
But i still got a question...
Are sysnand and emunand linked ?
I mean if i use the OFW to play online and the emuMMC to do hack things, do i need to restore the clean nand twice ?
Plus is it safe to do that to avoid ban ?

I think i'll keep a clean nand backup forever on my PC But i don't understand everything.
To summarize this is the steps i have to do :
1. Make the clean NAND backups before doing anything with HEKATE
2. Create EMUMMC
3. Go to EMUMMC without going online to do my hack stuff
4. Restore the clean NAND backup with Hekate... if NAND is shared with EMUMMC and SYSMMC, i have to do that once but if it's not how can i restore emuMMC NAND ?
5. Go to Sysnand to play online.
6. Make a new unclean sysnand backup with hekate.
7. Go to emummc to do new hack stuff.
8. Do the manipulations once again.
I already had a banned switch so even if that looks easy to people, i prefer to be extra carreful and that's why i'm asking you what's on top.

Last questions :
Is it risky to play offline on emummc to have access to things like overclocking and so on?
I'm asking all that crap because when my first switch got banned it was on sleep mode and i wasn't using it... so now i'm afraid they store the data and they can still check the console to ban you.
There is no guarantee of not getting banned. Keep a modded switch, and keep a clean unmodded switch. That's the safest way.
I never go online with my modded switch. I just keep 90DNS on it, and keep it in airplane mode. I even update my firmware with carts offline on sysMMC side, then back up that firmware with Tagra Explorer, and then update the firmware on emuMMC side using Daybreak and the firmware backup.

swichitup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Errors

Switch Lite
Picofly
OFW 16.0.2
Hekate 6.0.4

I am able to boot into Hekate and able to backup nand ect, but my problem starts with backing up keys through lockpick.

Uanable to set crypto keyslots.

Also when I goto the launch page it shows both
Sysmmc
Emummc

If I launch either I am presented with.

Pkg1 decryption failed/
BEK is missing/

Failed to launch HOS/

I have wiped SD card and re installed everything twice still with no change.

Is anybody able to point me in the right direction please

Mr_Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is no guarantee of not getting banned. Keep a modded switch, and keep a clean unmodded switch. That's the safest way.
I never go online with my modded switch. I just keep 90DNS on it, and keep it in airplane mode. I even update my firmware with carts offline on sysMMC side, then back up that firmware with Tagra Explorer, and then update the firmware on emuMMC side using Daybreak and the firmware backup.
Ok so basically it's dangerous to use all Homebrews on a switch wich goes online... Thanks

Errors

Switch Lite
Picofly
OFW 16.0.2
Hekate 6.0.4

I am able to boot into Hekate and able to backup nand ect, but my problem starts with backing up keys through lockpick.

Uanable to set crypto keyslots.

Also when I goto the launch page it shows both
Sysmmc
Emummc

If I launch either I am presented with.

Pkg1 decryption failed/
BEK is missing/

Failed to launch HOS/

I have wiped SD card and re installed everything twice still with no change.

Is anybody able to point me in the right direction please
I bet you already know but :
Did you try to update the picofly firmware ?

swichitup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so basically it's dangerous to use all Homebrews on a switch wich goes online... Thanks

I bet you already know but :
Did you try to update the picofly firmware ?
I have just contacted the installer to see what firmware was installed to the Pico. I have just read a thread with the mention of out of date firmware on the chip causing a possible unlock issue.

Are you able to update the Pico through the hwfly toolbox or does it require removal and soldering back on a usb connector.

Thank you

Mr_Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have just contacted the installer to see what firmware was installed to the Pico. I have just read a thread with the mention of out of date firmware on the chip causing a possible unlock issue.

Are you able to update the Pico through the hwfly toolbox or does it require removal and soldering back on a usb connector.

Thank you
You can update the picofly firmware without soldering back but it can cause problems.
You should ask the one who solder if he updated it.
https://github.com/Ansem-SoD/Picofly/tree/main/Firmwares

Reactions: swichitup

Jorian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ! Im a newbie with Hack.

I just install my picofly in my Mariko, everything is fine, hekate etc...

But when I boot on my emummc with Atmosphere Hbmenu works too but he can't see my "switch" folder, I dont know why.
The folder is at the racine of my SD, it's the original switch folder of Atmosphere, I tried to create this folder by myself, nothing change...If someone can help me thank you !

Hekate 6.0.4
Atmosphere 1.5.4

Mr_Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ! Im a newbie with Hack.

I just install my picofly in my Mariko, everything is fine, hekate etc...

But when I boot on my emummc with Atmosphere Hbmenu works too but he can't see my "switch" folder, I dont know why.
The folder is at the racine of my SD, it's the original switch folder of Atmosphere, I tried to create this folder by myself, nothing change...If someone can help me thank you !

Hekate 6.0.4
Atmosphere 1.5.4
Did you put the *.nro files in it ?

Question bête mais tu as mis tes homebrews dans le dossier switch ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then...