Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for suggestions on a current version loader app that will allow for usb install from external hdd/usb drive or from usb cable plugged into pc running windows 10.
I have several loader apps installed (probably outdated versions) but constantly have difficulties getting them to work. I currently have DBI, Tinfoil/nut, Tinwoo, gold leaf and another whose name escapes me.

I'd very much appreciate a link to a known working version of the app you have experience doing this with.
I have Windows 7, not 10, but TinWoo Installer and NS-USBLoader have always worked for me. They even installed Tears of the Kingdom so they still work to this day.

PartyMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wanting to get newer keys, but I am unsure if that is something I can do without updating the firmware as well. I'm not exactly the brightest bulb, and I have no idea what to do or where I can find the info I need to be capable of doing this. The current firmware version of my switch is labeled as: 14.1.2|AMS 1.5.1|E. In the event I have to update the firmware, is there a guide I can follow? Should I backup my emummc beforehand if updating is needed? If so, I have been running into a problem regarding this. Trying to back up resulted in a message saying it found no partition. Someone had said online to someone else having the same problem to migrate emummc raw, but that option was greyed out, so I feel as though I've hit a wall.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wanting to get newer keys, but I am unsure if that is something I can do without updating the firmware as well. I'm not exactly the brightest bulb, and I have no idea what to do or where I can find the info I need to be capable of doing this. The current firmware version of my switch is labeled as: 14.1.2|AMS 1.5.1|E. In the event I have to update the firmware, is there a guide I can follow? Should I backup my emummc beforehand if updating is needed? If so, I have been running into a problem regarding this. Trying to back up resulted in a message saying it found no partition. Someone had said online to someone else having the same problem to migrate emummc raw, but that option was greyed out, so I feel as though I've hit a wall.
You don't need a guide for updating firmware since its as simple as using the homebrew app, Daybreak, which comes bundled with Atmosphere. The only tricky part is you must download the files of the firmware you wish to update to on your own. Since they are copyright protected, links cannot be provided but rest assured they are readily available on the Internet.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have Windows 7, not 10, but TinWoo Installer and NS-USBLoader have always worked for me. They even installed Tears of the Kingdom so they still work to this day.
Thanks for replying.
Can you provide a link to a version you have working of either or both of those?
Currently trying to use your recommendations. I installed the NS-USB loader v7.0 from github page. Inside the program I downloaded and installed the drivers.
I have now selected a switch file (in this case an .xci) through NS-USB loader.
I hit the "upload to NS" button in the bottom right corner.
In tinwoo I select the "install over usb" option. It shows the .xci file I selected in NS-USB loader.
I check the box next to it and a pop up appears asking me if I want to install on SD or internal storage.
I select SD and then get an error message with error code: 0x001fd602
If I try to plug in a usb-hdd and try to install the file using tinwoo I get the same error.

I'm having no success. I'd be very grateful if you could tell me how you performed the install of TOTK

Last edited by shtonkalot,

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a emummc and boot into it and it works according to settings, but I thought it was supposed to have it's own nintendo folders? But all my games from my sysmmc and normal nintendo folder show up, i'm assuming that isn't normal.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a emummc and boot into it and it works according to settings, but I thought it was supposed to have it's own nintendo folders? But all my games from my sysmmc and normal nintendo folder show up, i'm assuming that isn't normal.
Thrn your not in emunand

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So weirdly enough it actually does use it's own nintendo folder but it's still seeing the sysmmc games and profiles. I have no clue how to fix this. Unless it copies them. I should check that.
Edit: nvm i'm dumb it just a copy

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying.
Can you provide a link to a version you have working of either or both of those?
Currently trying to use your recommendations. I installed the NS-USB loader v7.0 from github page. Inside the program I downloaded and installed the drivers.
I have now selected a switch file (in this case an .xci) through NS-USB loader.
I hit the "upload to NS" button in the bottom right corner.
In tinwoo I select the "install over usb" option. It shows the .xci file I selected in NS-USB loader.
I check the box next to it and a pop up appears asking me if I want to install on SD or internal storage.
I select SD and then get an error message with error code: 0x001fd602
If I try to plug in a usb-hdd and try to install the file using tinwoo I get the same error.

I'm having no success. I'd be very grateful if you could tell me how you performed the install of TOTK
I only download all of my tools from their respective GitHub pages whether its TinWoo Installer or NS-USBLoader. A screenshot of the error code would be useful.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all, my tesla overlay is not working. I have installed tesla overlay, sys-clk and emuiibo. When pressing L+DPad-Down+R-Stick nothing happens.

I have a modded Switch OLED. Each software is on the latest release:

Atmosphere: 1.5.2
Hekate: 6.0.3
HOS: 16.0.2
sys-clk: 1.0.3
ovlmenu: 1.2.1
emuiibo: 0.6.4

Any suggestions?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Few noob questions please (been away a while and memory is rusty).
I'd like to be able to play the latest game release, anything new lately? ;)

1) How to check an XCI is safe before installing? (Windows PC)
2) Latest way to update firmware? (Previously always used ChoiDeJourNX)
3) Any other updates I should do based on below?

Old hackable switch with autorcm enabled
Atmosphere 1.3.2 (i think)
hekate v5.7.2
Working via emuMMC
Firmware 14.1.1

Many thanks for any info to get me restarted...

Kurtolo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the patience, i'm pretty sure that I'll ask for banal things.
I have always used Deep Sea but the last update I did was the fw 14.1.2 atm|1.3.2E using daybreak after the dump of the sysFW. The new release of DS supports until fw 16.0.0 but che currenty official fw nintendo is 16.0.2, do you know if I can update the sysMMC to the recent one, dump the fw with tegramexplorer and install the latest DeepSea?

Gigadragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone let me know if there is anything wrong with my hekate_ipl.ini. I don't think I've really changed it much in a few years. Nothing has in particular happened thats a cause for concern I'm just wondering.

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[Atmosphere (EmuNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_Atmosphere_hekate.bmp

[Atmosphere (SysNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_Atmosphere.bmp

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_stock.bmp

I also have a question about DBI installer. When I launch the DBI MTP responder from emunand does it only interact with the emunand partition? Can you accidentally mess with save files and install data on the stock console partition?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone let me know if there is anything wrong with my hekate_ipl.ini. I don't think I've really changed it much in a few years. Nothing has in particular happened thats a cause for concern I'm just wondering.

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[Atmosphere (EmuNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_Atmosphere_hekate.bmp

[Atmosphere (SysNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_Atmosphere.bmp

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_stock.bmp

I also have a question about DBI installer. When I launch the DBI MTP responder from emunand does it only interact with the emunand partition? Can you accidentally mess with save files and install data on the stock console partition?

Hekate.ipl looks normal, you can't use DBI on stock.

Xadro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Are there any good written guides around that tell me what to do after i soldered in a Picofly? I honestly cant find shit, i may be stupid tho.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any good written guides around that tell me what to do after i soldered in a Picofly? I honestly cant find shit, i may be stupid tho.
https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Post automatically merged:

Hi all, my tesla overlay is not working. I have installed tesla overlay, sys-clk and emuiibo. When pressing L+DPad-Down+R-Stick nothing happens.

I have a modded Switch OLED. Each software is on the latest release:

Atmosphere: 1.5.2
Hekate: 6.0.3
HOS: 16.0.2
sys-clk: 1.0.3
ovlmenu: 1.2.1
emuiibo: 0.6.4

Any suggestions?

That is the correct combination to open up the overlay menu. You might need a reboot.

Few noob questions please (been away a while and memory is rusty).
I'd like to be able to play the latest game release, anything new lately? ;)

1) How to check an XCI is safe before installing? (Windows PC)
2) Latest way to update firmware? (Previously always used ChoiDeJourNX)
3) Any other updates I should do based on below?

Old hackable switch with autorcm enabled
Atmosphere 1.3.2 (i think)
hekate v5.7.2
Working via emuMMC
Firmware 14.1.1

Many thanks for any info to get me restarted...

For XCI you can use XCI explorer to look at the XCI file data. As for update use Daybreak for updating the firmware.

Thanks for the patience, i'm pretty sure that I'll ask for banal things.
I have always used Deep Sea but the last update I did was the fw 14.1.2 atm|1.3.2E using daybreak after the dump of the sysFW. The new release of DS supports until fw 16.0.0 but che currenty official fw nintendo is 16.0.2, do you know if I can update the sysMMC to the recent one, dump the fw with tegramexplorer and install the latest DeepSea?

You can update Atmosphere files to 1.5.2, what deepsea provide is up to 1.5.1

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: 877

bounc3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hiii, whats the best portable payload loader? and where to get it? I've locked at older posts and eveything seems to be taken down. thx

Kurtolo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can update Atmosphere files to 1.5.2, what deepsea provide is up to 1.5.1
Thanks Hayato for the answer, so is safe update sysMMC, and consequently the emuMMC with daybreak, to 16.0.2 and then update deepsea as I always have (with 1.5.1 of course)?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Hayato for the answer, so is safe update sysMMC, and consequently the emuMMC with daybreak, to 16.0.2 and then update deepsea as I always have (with 1.5.1 of course)?

If sysmmc is clean NAND you use Nintendo server instead of daybreak, use daybreak for emunand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь