Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

valekatoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello guys, i recently got my hands on a r4 dongle, i have flashed the firmware with the custom payload firmware provided on their website, i put a payload.bin (latest hekate) on the root of my sd card (which is the file the dongle should get the payload from) but when i go into rcm the dongle doesen't turn on any led lights and i have to manually inject the payload from tegrarcmgui, anyone knows how to fix it? thank you.

(btw i'm pretty noob at this but i made sure to check every tutorial i could and watch around before asking here, i'm asking because i was not able to find anything, thanks again.)

alex3137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Someone is going to install this on my OLED switch, do you recognize what modchip is it ? He claims it to be Sx Core.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-05-02 at 17.48.59.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-02 at 17.48.59.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 19

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Just to be sure, I just need to follow the first guide, right? Besides that, I update the CFW and then update the OFW on sysnand, correct?

If you ran CFW on Sysnand then use daybreak to update, don't use Nintendo server as Sysnand and OFW share the same NAND.
Post automatically merged:

Someone is going to install this on my OLED switch, do you recognize what modchip is it ? He claims it to be Sx Core.

Looks like HWFLY.

Xadro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Are those 32€ Listings on Aliexpress all you need to get a modchip working or do you need something else? Their listings are sparse on information...
Alternatively, there seem to be a few ready made picofly boards on there, marketed to switch lights, would those work with a normal switch?

Last edited by Xadro,

MagicJek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  1. You can use a homebrew save manager such as JKSV or Checkpoint to dump it onto your SD card which you can then move to your PC
  2. You can inject payloads using an Android device or a dongle such as an RCMLoader

currently from pc I use TegraRcmGUI
and reboot_payload.bin to restart the switch

how could i do it from android device?
is there any guide?

THANKS!

Unfound302

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am getting 2168-0002 Error when installing NSO N64 JP. On 16.0.2 with latest atmosphere. Install attempted on tinwoo. Sigpatches are also latest. Any idea what the issue is?

Attachments

• IMG_4053.jpeg
    IMG_4053.jpeg
    686.7 KB · Views: 12

MagicJek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think the time has come to upgrade the switch,
do you think I can do it through All-In-One Switch Updater? is it safe?
which one should i update first Atmosphere, bootloaders or firware?
here are some pictures:
IMG_20230502_192328.jpg

IMG_20230502_192415.jpg

IMG_20230502_192420.jpg

IMG_20230502_192439.jpg

tokenslol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a guide available for proceeding with the Picofly exploit? I’m lost and can’t find anything beyond installing the chip (which I plan to get done at a proper electronics store soon).

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the time has come to upgrade the switch,
do you think I can do it through All-In-One Switch Updater? is it safe?
which one should i update first Atmosphere, bootloaders or firware?
here are some pictures:
View attachment 368457
View attachment 368458

View attachment 368459

View attachment 368460

You can use AIO for everything except Atmosphere files.
Post automatically merged:

Is there a guide available for proceeding with the Picofly exploit? I’m lost and can’t find anything beyond installing the chip (which I plan to get done at a proper electronics store soon).

There is threads delicated for Picofly ask there.

Last edited by Hayato213,

MagicJek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can use AIO for everything except Atmosphere files, it has been removed in newer build.
thanks!

1) I must update firmware and bootloader or i can just upgrade firmware?
2) if I were to then choose to put the original firmware back into the switch, it would be more difficult with the updated firware, right?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks!

1) I must update firmware and bootloader or i can just upgrade firmware?
2) if I were to then choose to put the original firmware back into the switch, it would be more difficult with the updated firware, right?

I normally use hekate mount feature to replace CFW files, then update the firmware with daybreak, you can use AIO if you want, sometime it doesn't update properly so you end up redoing it, Keep in mind Sysnand CFW and OFW share the NAND, if you want a clean NAND for online use, use an emunand.

Reactions: MagicJek

TimonCade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I happen to have a spare unmoded v1 Switch in a drawer and I’ve already preorded the game on the eShop. But I’m considering using the unused v1 to play TotK a bit early. But I’m a true noob here at this and would like to know if something is possible before embarking.

Can I avoid having to start the game over on my OLED when the game is officially released? Can I do the following:

play the game on a hacked v1 Switch > play with no modifications to the game of any kind, just normal game > download offical released game on my main OLED Switch on release day > transfer the save file from my hacked Switch to my main OLED Switch > play the game normally and ‘authentically’ with the transferred save file on the OLED

Is this possible without getting either system banned?

Last edited by TimonCade,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is the latest switch software that I should upgrade to while using Atmosphere?
Additionally, where can I locate the most recent version of Atmosphere?
The latest version of Atmosphere can always be found on the official GitHub page and I guess you can update to the latest firmware.
Hi all

I am getting 2168-0002 Error when installing NSO N64 JP. On 16.0.2 with latest atmosphere. Install attempted on tinwoo. Sigpatches are also latest. Any idea what the issue is?
Try loading TinWoo Installer with more RAM via title override. Basically, hold the R button when launching any game or title and this will bring up the homebrew menu as not an applet but as a game.
I happen to have a spare unmoded v1 Switch in a drawer and I’ve already preorded the game on the eShop. But I’m considering using the unused v1 to play TotK a bit early. But I’m a true noob here at this and would like to know if something is possible before embarking.

Can I avoid having to start the game over on my OLED when the game is officially released? Can I do the following:

play the game on a hacked v1 Switch > play with no modifications to the game of any kind, just normal game > download offical released game on my main OLED Switch on release day > transfer the save file from my hacked Switch to my main OLED Switch > play the game normally and ‘authentically’ with the transferred save file on the OLED

Is this possible without getting either system banned?
Even local save transfers require both consoles to be connected to the Internet so you risk your hacked console being banned. Source

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looking for suggestions on a current version loader app that will allow for usb install from external hdd/usb drive or from usb cable plugged into pc running windows 10.
I have several loader apps installed (probably outdated versions) but constantly have difficulties getting them to work. I currently have DBI, Tinfoil/nut, Tinwoo, gold leaf and another whose name escapes me.

I'd very much appreciate a link to a known working version of the app you have experience doing this with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1