Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I’m planning on modding my switch I’d like to be able to customize it like changing the background .I also have legit copies of games if I were to take any on my games online with these customized mods could it result in a ban?
Next question, if I were to pirate games without modding and changing the software could I play those online as well or is that an instaban ?
First, there is no such thing as "instaban". Bans occur at random times, typically in waves. Secondly, any usage of homebrew or CFW can get you banned. Nintendo does not discriminate if you own the games or not. The moment they notice your console is hacked, you are flagged.
for the update of digimon world with the japanese language. the atmosphere works and i can play with game like switch spors, mario rabbids etc. but i cant install a lot of other games
Well update your patches following the link I gave you in my previous post.

rubinorosso93

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i already update patches, but something goes wrong.
usually after every fw update i lose a lot of games, but i can just install them again,
this time i cant install them again either

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already update patches, but something goes wrong.
usually after every fw update i lose a lot of games, but i can just install them again,
this time i cant install them again either
I would then recommend you follow some of the advice found in this thread. Also make sure your SD card is formatted to FAT32. If it is formatted to exFAT, it can corrupt your card which can cause many problems such as the ones that you are experiencing.

Reactions: rubinorosso93

wikisa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there easy process for dumping nsp from sysMMC to emuMMC? I want to copy some games that I own to atmoshpere to not need to switch between the oses. I can probably do that by creating another emuMMC that will clone current sysMMC (with game that I want), and then copy nsp from that newly created emuMMC, but is there simpler way? I've tried already DBI (only emuMMC games show up) and nxdumptool (same story).

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's be good, what i care the most about are the saves
https://switchway.net/sx-os-to-atmosphere/

There's a guide there but I think its a pack. You can probably get all newer stuff if you put it together yourself.

Basically download hekate (preloader) and Atmosphere (cfw)). Also look to download bootlogos and hekate_iupl.ini, exosphere.ini and sigpathches for atmosphere.

Put exosphere.ini on the root, heklate folder is called bootloader, put the hekate_ipl.ini file in it and the bootlogos in the res folder.

Put the sig patches in the atmosphere folder. Then boot hekate payload.

Select emmc and migragte foriegn Nand. then enable emmc. You should then be able to boot Atmosphere??

Then downlaod aio updater download latest fw that atmosphere suppoerts and you should be good to go? Double check because I may have missed something.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there easy process for dumping nsp from sysMMC to emuMMC? I want to copy some games that I own to atmoshpere to not need to switch between the oses. I can probably do that by creating another emuMMC that will clone current sysMMC (with game that I want), and then copy nsp from that newly created emuMMC, but is there simpler way? I've tried already DBI (only emuMMC games show up) and nxdumptool (same story).

Probably easier if you just redownload games online.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The "tons of 0000" is the name of the program ID that is usually causing the issue. Either copy the program ID from the error code or take a screenshot then delete that same ID from inside the /atmosphere/contents folder.
It was 42000000007E51A (number of 0s might varry, any idea what program it is? It was part of the SD configuration programs.

nubnub

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I just received and installed an "upgradable HWFLY Core V5" to my Switch v2.
And so I'm also new to this forum. :-)

It generally works. But I have trouble to find out what firmware is currently installed on the HWFLY and to update it with the hwfly toolbox.
Having no SD card inserted this it how it looks like. That's neiter spacecraft-nx nor hwfly-nx as far as I could research for.
(EDIT: meanwhile I got the info from shop that it is a "SX firmware")

1681545051065.png

If I try to backup the firmware with the toolbox or to just install a new one, it complains not beeing able to enter DFU mode.
Here comes the thing: apparently I can't keep the HWFLY chip awake pressing the VOL+ when turning on the console.

The HWFLY's LED flashed blue, goes green and goes off directly after (at this time hekate is startet).

Second question: When I backed up the Mariko Keys with Lockpick RCM, I got the following errors:
failed to validate keyslot 0.
failed to validate keyslot 1.
failed to validate keyslot 2.
failed to validate keyslot 3.
failed to validate keyslot 4.
failed to validate keyslot 5.
failed to validate keyslot 6.
failed to validate keyslot 7.
failed to validate keyslot 8.
failed to validate keyslot 9.
failed to validate keyslot 10.
failed to validate keyslot 11.

partialaes.key was still created and contained keys 12 - 15.
Is this expected behavior?

Any hints are highly appreaciated.

Thanks a lot
nubnub

Last edited by nubnub,

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need to configure a hekate ipl , by default it doesn't come with one , if it not properly config it can explain your problem
Oh i just found out my brother accidentally updated ofw to 16.0.1 without me knowing it. Maybe that is causing the problems. i updated to the newest release of atmosphere and hekate but still not able to launch emummc (blackscreen) or sysmmc (yellow screen). Do i have to update
Base off what you provided so far, yellow color mean bootloader issue based on panic codes if you got a sold yellow screen.
After i updated atmosphere and hekate, when ilaunch sysmmc its stuck at nintendo load screen and when launching emummc it is just blackscreen.

WayOfTheRoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Everyone. Been a LONG time since I touched a Switch and the modding game has changed a bit. My last modchip install was SX, haha.
Anyway, a quick question about a Lite and an hwfly chip:

Once installed (assuming it's a good chip), I do the typical with Hekate. I remember all of that with backup of NAND and keys.
What I don't recall is how to get the Lite to boot straight to Atmosphere. Again, I was used to SX. What do I need to do after backing up and setting up Emunand to get it to autoboot to Atmosphere (not having to select it in Hekate each time)? Thanks.

PS: Is there any software/homebrew that is still to be avoided on a Lite? Back a few years ago there were a lot but have they all been sorted since? I'm giving this to my brother as a gift and would like to avoid bricking it by wrongly assuming a common homebrew app works with a Lite (Mariko).
Thanks.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Access to CFW is granted by having an exploit to load CFW as well as the necessary files on your SD card. Assuming the console is unpatched, the exploit will never go away. And as long as you don't remove the files from the SD card, you should be able to use CFW.
What data would I lose from a factory reset? Just the profiles and and save data on the Sysnand?

nico77

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i wonder...
is it safe not using the back metal shield >??? for switch lite
reason : im planning using modchip...

lite2.png

lite without metal shield.jpg

liteb440a439.jpg

help pls .thx

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder...
is it safe not using the back metal shield >??? for switch lite
reason : im planning using modchip...

View attachment 365111

View attachment 365112

View attachment 365113

help pls .thx

Obviously it is better with it. The metal shield on your Nintendo Switch is there to disperse hot air from your console and help it cool down optimally.
Post automatically merged:

Oh i just found out my brother accidentally updated ofw to 16.0.1 without me knowing it. Maybe that is causing the problems. i updated to the newest release of atmosphere and hekate but still not able to launch emummc (blackscreen) or sysmmc (yellow screen). Do i have to update

After i updated atmosphere and hekate, when ilaunch sysmmc its stuck at nintendo load screen and when launching emummc it is just blackscreen.

Then it mean there is something wrong with your emunand.
Post automatically merged:

Hi,

I just received and installed an "upgradable HWFLY Core V5" to my Switch v2.
And so I'm also new to this forum. :-)

It generally works. But I have trouble to find out what firmware is currently installed on the HWFLY and to update it with the hwfly toolbox.
Having no SD card inserted this it how it looks like. That's neiter spacecraft-nx nor hwfly-nx as far as I could research for.
(EDIT: meanwhile I got the info from shop that it is a "SX firmware")

View attachment 365062

If I try to backup the firmware with the toolbox or to just install a new one, it complains not beeing able to enter DFU mode.
Here comes the thing: apparently I can't keep the HWFLY chip awake pressing the VOL+ when turning on the console.

The HWFLY's LED flashed blue, goes green and goes off directly after (at this time hekate is startet).

Second question: When I backed up the Mariko Keys with Lockpick RCM, I got the following errors:
failed to validate keyslot 0.
failed to validate keyslot 1.
failed to validate keyslot 2.
failed to validate keyslot 3.
failed to validate keyslot 4.
failed to validate keyslot 5.
failed to validate keyslot 6.
failed to validate keyslot 7.
failed to validate keyslot 8.
failed to validate keyslot 9.
failed to validate keyslot 10.
failed to validate keyslot 11.

partialaes.key was still created and contained keys 12 - 15.
Is this expected behavior?

Any hints are highly appreaciated.

Thanks a lot
nubnub

You suppose to get this if you are on stock HWFLY firmware.

1681571524356.png

Last edited by Hayato213,

nubnub

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You suppose to get this if you are on stock HWFLY firmware.

View attachment 365124
This screen I would indeed expect for stock spacecraft-nx / hwfly-nx.

This is what I would expect for a newer (custom) hwfly-nx firmware:
1681574773092.png

As said before, I get the red colored "grumpy SD card" saying "BOOT.DAT?" (see screenshot in my previous post), which makes me think it is a "sx firmware".
This was meanwhile confirmed by the seller who says it is "V5(sx firmware) special firmware".

Reading through the last pages of the thread "How to flash the HWFLY Clone chips" (sorry, I can't post links yet) here on GBA and also some Reddit threads gives me the impression, that it is currently not uncommon that HWFLY chips are sold and shipped with sx firmware.
Second, people seem to have trouble updating these chips to e.g. hwfly-nx 0.7.2 and report problems with glitching afterwards. So I guess, I should simply stay with the "stock firmware". The only benefit that I currently see updating on 0.7.2 would be the better documentation for the LED colors.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This screen I would indeed expect for stock spacecraft-nx / hwfly-nx.

This is what I would expect for a newer (custom) hwfly-nx firmware:
View attachment 365131

As said before, I get the red colored "grumpy SD card" saying "BOOT.DAT?" (see screenshot in my previous post), which makes me think it is a "sx firmware".
This was meanwhile confirmed by the seller who says it is "V5(sx firmware) special firmware".

Reading through the last pages of the thread "How to flash the HWFLY Clone chips" (sorry, I can't post links yet) here on GBA and also some Reddit threads gives me the impression, that it is currently not uncommon that HWFLY chips are sold and shipped with sx firmware.
Second, people seem to have trouble updating these chips to e.g. hwfly-nx 0.7.2 and report problems with glitching afterwards. So I guess, I should simply stay with the "stock firmware". The only benefit that I currently see updating on 0.7.2 would be the better documentation for the LED colors.

It actually come down to the chip, mine glitch all the time.

arianlilnasx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, I've been trying to boot into CFW (I was able to do it at a friend's house) and for some reason the attached screen always pops up. When I install drivers, my device disconnects and reconnects, and I have to boot Tegra all over again. How do I fix this and actually enable myself to inject payloads?

1681584972057.png

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best way to check if your console is banned?

Well you don't really check that is the point, it is better to not know you are banned than finding out you are , they don't ban you right away, it might take several months. Easy example would be games that use online service if you can't go online you are banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...