Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok, I won't be using emunand, so I want to know how to delete, but it later, because I am a little busy.
For now, I want to know how to play online on cfwsynand.
Nothing prevents you from playing CFW/Sysnand Online right now. You will have to take responsibility for ensuring you’ve not done anything that Ninty might take offense to and ban your Switch. Be safe!
Post automatically merged:

Thank you for your help, the Russian version installs fine. I'll use that for the time being until there is an English release.
I only just update it to 503r (Russian language only version). I’m glad it was useful!

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing prevents you from playing CFW/Sysnand Online right now. You will have to take responsibility for ensuring you’ve not done anything that Ninty might take offense to and ban your Switch. Be safe!
I was wondering because the dnstester says blocked on cfwsysnand.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need to disable the protections you put in place.

Information wants to be free. What you do with that information is up to you.

e: it looks like I already share this information with you earlier. The same ban warnings and caveats apply of course!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/page-1924#post-10083829
Thanks! I forgot you already sent that.
I found a way around. I don't need to be online on cfw I can just do the thing with jksv on cfw and then connect to the internet using stock because thankfully the share files.
I just did that, hopefully what I just did is harmless and Nintendo doesn't ban me for doing it.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I forgot you already sent that.
I found a way around. I don't need to be online on cfw I can just do the thing with jksv on cfw and then connect to the internet using stock because thankfully the share files.
I just did that, hopefully what I just did is harmless and Nintendo doesn't ban me for doing it.
Glad you’re sorted. Enjoy!

Reactions: PercuOcto

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got another sd card same problem will try tinwoo now lets see should i install the new atmosphere my firmware is 14.1.1
Well, there's nothing wrong with using the latest version of Atmosphere. Who knows, maybe somehow the issue is related to Atmosphere which is unlikely but not impossible.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I absolutely hate it when they do that. Watch, he's going to make another thread where he asks for alternatives on how to fix it or what to do when he botches the repair job.
He does seem to persist with his own world view even while asking for help.

I don’t think I’m going to take you up on your bet. You’ll win for sure.

Reactions: Draxzelex

TheRaptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Move/rename /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk (if you have it…if not no worries)

Make sure you download fusee.bin from Atmosphere github and place it in /bootloader/payloads/

If that doesn’t fix it, then yeah…prolly best to wait. :-)
I had the same problem after updating to firmware 16.0.0 and it works when you delete the contents folder. Thank you @binkinator

• Love

DaddyDingDong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a V1 switch that I have the latest Hekate/Atmosphere on and all of a sudden after the update I get an error when trying to play an official cartridge in both stock mode and in cfw mode. Any ideas why?

Attachments

• PXL_20230227_054500831.jpg
    PXL_20230227_054500831.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 25

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a V1 switch that I have the latest Hekate/Atmosphere on and all of a sudden after the update I get an error when trying to play an official cartridge in both stock mode and in cfw mode. Any ideas why?

Check nogc and autonogc setting in Hekate and Atmosphere to enable/disable GC (Game Card)

Autonogc settings are set up in Hekate based on this doc:

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#hekate-global-configuration-keysvalues-when-entry-is-config

Nogc setting are setup in Atmosphere based on this doc:

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/configurations.md

Last edited by binkinator,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well shit, man. We just had to go there. I’ve gone out of my way to be sure to be respectful at all times with all things considered. I don’t think the person meant it that way, but I can understand why it could be taken that way.

I’ve been watching the usual spot where it’s been released and it’s just been sitting there at 493 for days after the update and I knew there would need to be FS changes. Was hoping folks were just busy and not pissed off. Alas…

View attachment 355761

Thanks for posting this crucial update!

I will make note of it in my Russian speaking people friendly download link and hope fences can be mended soon!
Dbi is imho one of the best software for the Switch (Great Russian software! Like Tetris that is probably my nr 1 game of all time).

No idea why they got angry at me when it was just the 4fir Bros attacking threads and posting in Russian. I had to put my boot down and it worked. The 4fir spamming stopped.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dbi is imho one of the best software for the Switch (Great Russian software! Like Tetris that is probably my nr 1 game of all time).

No idea why they got angry at me when it was just the 4fir Bros attacking threads and posting in Russian. I had to put my boot down and it worked. The 4fir spamming stopped.
Have I missed scene drama?!?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Were you able to fix the gamecard issue? I am wanting to update my V1 Switch to FW16 so I can play Metroid and Kirby on gamecards. Last time, I had to update my V1 Switch to latest FW because I got a message saying game won't be added to home screen until system is updated. Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Were you able to fix the gamecard issue? I am wanting to update my V1 Switch to FW16 so I can play Metroid and Kirby on gamecards. Last time, I had to update my V1 Switch to latest FW because I got a message saying game won't be added to home screen until system is updated. Thoughts and help appreciated :)
Metroid Prime Remastered was released more than a week before firmware 16.0 and while Kirby was released shortly afterwards, the cartridges logically would have to have been prepared weeks in advanced well before the firmware was released. Why on Earth would those games need a firmware that literally just released when they were completed a long time before firmware 16.0?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D