Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ifixit is the only one legit source of replacment batteries? And it this normal that my wifi singlal is almost always on 1-2 bars but i dont think i heve wifi problem becouse speeds are pretty good :X?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I just had a follow up issue, since tech problems never rest.

With some constant here-and-there "USB timed out or failed" errors, Awoo eventually got through about 60% of my download library and installed it successfully working to the Switch. However, after another USB timed out error, now Awoo does the same thing it did before, even out of Applet Mode. It immediately crashes upon transfer start. I did see an error page stating Error code 2162-0002 and pointing to Program 01000000000012. I researched this and people are saying "oh it's easy, just delete "atmosphere/contents/01000000000012", but I checked the SD card and my atmosphere's content folder only contains an undub of a different game entirely. Where is this program coming from?
[Quick update: For now I have fixed this by again deleting my atmosphere install from my SD card, and using a fresh install of HATS to make sure no files had gone missing. I really hope it doesn't happen again.]

2162-0002 seems to be a generic error and I’m seeing everything from joycons to SDCard readers being the culprit.

I had to strategically add a couple zeros but I think the issue of 0100000000000012 is related to bsdsockets from here:
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Title_list
It’s a weird place to be crashing to be honest so I guessed that it was zeros missing.

We might be talking about SDCard corruption. If it returns we’ll investigate that theory.
And small thing, but since that problem point where it crashes immediately every time now, when I launch into Atmosphere from Hekate now, the Switch flickers black and goes to sleep each time. I have to physically go back over to my dock, hit the power button, and have it come out of sleep mode, every single time. Any possible idea on why it's suddenly doing this?
[This is still an issue, even after the HATS install]
There's no peace and rest for my poor Switch, it just keeps finding a way to hate me 🥲
Check System Settings Sleep Mode and change it to something more suitable for your needs.
Post automatically merged:

Don't get it, allready tried Tinfoil and Goldleaf, Sigpatches from the linkw here allready on.
The weird thing is, it happens with games I allready had installed and working, only difference now is, I've a much bigger SD Card and I am on emuNAND now.
Try specifically with Tinwoo. It’s the most straightforward installer and typically just works (and if it doesn’t it’s pretty clear about what’s wrong.)
EDIT.: Oh and my emuNAND is on V14 and and my sysNAND is on 15 now, is that a problem?
Emunand in 14 and Sysnand on 15 isn’t an issue. They are essentially two different machines and only one is active at a time.

It worked! Thanks yo :) I'm always impressed by people who just hang out here helping people all day. Especially being in a totally opposite timezone, I'm amazed by how fast I can get help here
Learned it from watching @Draxzelex
Glad you’re Sorted!

Ifixit is the only one legit source of replacment batteries? And it this normal that my wifi singlal is almost always on 1-2 bars but i dont think i heve wifi problem becouse speeds are pretty good :X?
There are decently rated vendors on Amazon as well. Read the reviews to be sure. I really like and support iFixit when I can though. Good people.

The bars are a myth. They aren’t a “speed meter” that people might assume. They loosely indicate signal strength in decibels…so basically it’s the volume of the signal. As long as your Switch can “hear” the wifi without too much “noise” it will perform it’s job just fine. When there is too much noise vs the signal it will have to repeat things and this is what causes slow wifi speeds. As long as yiu are seeing good performance I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Last edited by binkinator,

Cnotesdip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Jot down your Tits pro code and then delete tinfoil and all configs by removing the /switch/tinfoil directory (as well as the /tinfoil directory if it exists.)
  2. Redownload the tinfoil.nro self installer from tinfoil.io and place it in /switch.
  3. Enter hbmenu using title override and reinstall tinfoil.
  4. Add titspro comfig again.
  5. test and see if it works now from the main menu…
What paid shop do you recommend

Cnotesdip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t recommend piracy at all. My priest says it’s naughty. Thankfully he doesn’t know I sit around all day looking at Titz like it’s my job. 🥵
Now to find a undumped unavailable game or dlc code what does your priest say about this can I get that from Nintendo

Hahaha pause

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it safe to have my Nintendo account linked on emunand xD ofc with Exosphere and dns mitm hosts :X?

Hmm now i spotted that tinfoil has incognito built in but i set up exosphere before, are they any complications with using them both or delete one of them :o ? Should i delete my battery number or any other number in incognito options?

Last edited by Lamcza,

MiHOS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Good to all, I am new to the scene of nintendo switch as I come from the ps3 and xbox, I send my switch oled to install the chip HWFLY and this guy had configure my console. To what I would like to leave factory, to 0 .... To be able to configure it myself, that's why I ask you all for help.
\\ I do not know if there would be any possibility of bricking the switch by formatting it from the console options and then formatting the SD on the computer or as would be the process to erase everything and leave it as if it had simply installed the chip, or what it's the correct form. I would appreciate with all my heart the help.
srry for my english it's too bad xD

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to have my Nintendo account linked on emunand xD ofc with Exosphere and dns mitm hosts :X?

Hmm now i spotted that tinfoil has incognito built in but i set up exosphere before, are they any complications with using them both or delete one of them :o ? Should i delete my battery number or any other number in incognito options?
As long as you don't go online with the linked account on emuMMC, its perfectly fine. To put it another way, you definitely don't need the likes of exosphere or dns mitm hosts. Just removing the Wi-Fi settings is safe enough without the hassle or using another tool to block connection to Nintendo's servers. After all, you literally can't go online without any Wi-Fi settings.
Good to all, I am new to the scene of nintendo switch as I come from the ps3 and xbox, I send my switch oled to install the chip HWFLY and this guy had configure my console. To what I would like to leave factory, to 0 .... To be able to configure it myself, that's why I ask you all for help.
\\ I do not know if there would be any possibility of bricking the switch by formatting it from the console options and then formatting the SD on the computer or as would be the process to erase everything and leave it as if it had simply installed the chip, or what it's the correct form. I would appreciate with all my heart the help.
srry for my english it's too bad xD
You're implying that Nintendo would implement a feature into the Switch that could potentially brick their own consoles? Why on Earth would Nintendo do that? That's basically saying that Nintendo would screw over their own customers whenever they formatted their devices. I have absolutely no clue where you would have gotten that idea but the chance of bricking by formatting the console is the same as when pigs start flying. Anyways, I don't know why you would feel the need to format the console as the state the console is in is irrelevant to hacking. I'd also wouldn't touch the SD card for now since half of CFW requires certain files on your SD card so without those, you can't really do much even if you have a chip.

Reactions: Lamcza and MiHOS

MiHOS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
As long as you don't go online with the linked account on emuMMC, its perfectly fine. To put it another way, you definitely don't need the likes of exosphere or dns mitm hosts. Just removing the Wi-Fi settings is safe enough without the hassle or using another tool to block connection to Nintendo's servers. After all, you literally can't go online without any Wi-Fi settings.

You're implying that Nintendo would implement a feature into the Switch that could potentially brick their own consoles? Why on Earth would Nintendo do that? That's basically saying that Nintendo would screw over their own customers whenever they formatted their devices. I have absolutely no clue where you would have gotten that idea but the chance of bricking by formatting the console is the same as when pigs start flying. Anyways, I don't know why you would feel the need to format the console as the state the console is in is irrelevant to hacking. I'd also wouldn't touch the SD card for now since half of CFW requires certain files on your SD card so without those, you can't really do much even if you have a chip.
Of course, that's why i want to learn how to create a clean installation of hekate and atmosphere after an installation of the hwfly chip, i thought that because it is hacked, if it is formatted "that way" it could be bricked? but thinking about it, the hack is at the nand level not the internal memory. Can you tell me how i could delete all the files that are related to the hack in order to learn how to make a clean installation of it?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

yea but if iam using tinfoil it is better to unlink it somehow maybe and if so does it matter for any games that i will have unliked account ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, that's why i want to learn how to create a clean installation of hekate and atmosphere after an installation of the hwfly chip, i thought that because it is hacked, if it is formatted "that way" it could be bricked? but thinking about it, the hack is at the nand level not the internal memory. Can you tell me how i could delete all the files that are related to the hack in order to learn how to make a clean installation of it?
Well, there are many different types of files used for Switch hacking so it would be nearly impossible to list all of them. But generally speaking, they are mostly located in the /switch folder which contains all homebrew applications and the /atmosphere folder which holds all files related to the CFW, Atmosphere. If you are using Hekate, then you will have an extra folder on the SD card called the /bootloader folder. Although now defunct, there was a CFW called SX OS that also had its own folder but since its been discontinued, you are likely to not have it. And these are only a few examples. There are some files that go on the root of the SD card, in subfolders of the previously mentioned folders, or even that go in a folder I have not mentioned yet. So as you can see, its very difficult to remove all files related to the hack beforehand and is better to just leave them on the card for the time being.
yea but if iam using tinfoil it is better to unlink it somehow maybe and if so does it matter for any games that i will have unliked account ?
Some games actually require a linked Nintendo Account so its better to have a linked account than to not. A homebrew developer even made an app just to link fake Nintendo Accounts for people who are banned or too scared to go online due to fear of a ban.

Reactions: Lamcza and MiHOS

sl3ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys

I need some help.

I want run Diablo2 cheat in Edizon,
The TID is correct, but build id is 0000000000000000. and cant load the cheat.
Anyone know why?

Other game ok run cheat with no problem, only this game like this

Please help.

Chromagram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2162-0002 seems to be a generic error and I’m seeing everything from joycons to SDCard readers being the culprit.

I had to strategically add a couple zeros but I think the issue of 0100000000000012 is related to bsdsockets from here:
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Title_list
It’s a weird place to be crashing to be honest so I guessed that it was zeros missing.

We might be talking about SDCard corruption. If it returns we’ll investigate that theory.

Check System Settings Sleep Mode and change it to something more suitable for your needs.

Try specifically with Tinwoo. It’s the most straightforward installer and typically just works (and if it doesn’t it’s pretty clear about what’s wrong.)

Emunand in 14 and Sysnand on 15 isn’t an issue. They are essentially two different machines and only one is active at a time.

Learned it from watching @Draxzelex
Glad you’re Sorted!

There are decently rated vendors on Amazon as well. Read the reviews to be sure. I really like and support iFixit when I can though. Good people.

The bars are a myth. They aren’t a “speed meter” that people might assume. They loosely indicate signal strength in decibels…so basically it’s the volume of the signal. As long as your Switch can “hear” the wifi without too much “noise” it will perform it’s job just fine. When there is too much noise vs the signal it will have to repeat things and this is what causes slow wifi speeds. As long as yiu are seeing good performance I wouldn’t worry too much about it.
Thanks again for all this, taking up more time retreading issues for help which I don't prefer. I really hope it's not an SD card corruption because I literally bought this card from SanDisk like...a week ago? Either way, I deleted my atmosphere install from the tutorial and replaced it with the latest HATS install and it's been doing okay so far. Honestly, reading about it, it seems like Awoo is a bit picky with USB connections with that type it is and the transfer speeds. I've been using Awoo's network transfer option and it's been a LOT better, despite being about 1/5 to 1/10 the speed. Reliability is way more important to me anyways, so I just let my files transfer overnight.

I did go back and make sure of my sleep mode settings, and they are set correctly to "Never". I'm still not sure why all of a sudden, whenever you boot into Atmosphere, it decides to flash black directly upon boot and then go into sleep mode. It's not something like where it waits a minute for inactivity or anything either, it genuinely boots Atmosphere, then maybe 1 or 2 seconds after the Switch lock screen comes on, it flashes the screen and then goes into sleep mode. If anything else this wouldn't even be a big thing, but I dislike using the Joy-Cons or the Switch Pro Controller, so I have an 8BitDo Pro 2 controller that does everything way better. Everything...except being able to wake up a sleeping Switch. Nintendo seems to have disabled that for third party controllers, so every single time I boot into Atmosphere from a crash or some need to go into Hekate, I have to go to the dock and power up the Switch again by hand. Not a big strain but it does get annoying pretty quickly.

Reactions: binkinator

MiHOS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, there are many different types of files used for Switch hacking so it would be nearly impossible to list all of them. But generally speaking, they are mostly located in the /switch folder which contains all homebrew applications and the /atmosphere folder which holds all files related to the CFW, Atmosphere. If you are using Hekate, then you will have an extra folder on the SD card called the /bootloader folder. Although now defunct, there was a CFW called SX OS that also had its own folder but since its been discontinued, you are likely to not have it. And these are only a few examples. There are some files that go on the root of the SD card, in subfolders of the previously mentioned folders, or even that go in a folder I have not mentioned yet. So as you can see, its very difficult to remove all files related to the hack beforehand and is better to just leave them on the card for the time being.

Some games actually require a linked Nintendo Account so its better to have a linked account than to not. A homebrew developer even made an app just to link fake Nintendo Accounts for people who are banned or too scared to go online due to fear of a ban.
So the idea to leave it "factory" would be to delete everything from the sd card? and start passing the hekate files, atmosphere etc from the github repositories, the main reason why I want to do the installation and configuration of my console is that I do not know where this person gets the cfw files and I like to know that the files that are in my console are 100% original so I ask for help, if you were in my situation what would you do? and ask him is not an option because he does not answer me .... I'm a f**king unfortunate xD

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the idea to leave it "factory" would be to delete everything from the sd card? and start passing the hekate files, atmosphere etc from the github repositories, the main reason why I want to do the installation and configuration of my console is that I do not know where this person gets the cfw files and I like to know that the files that are in my console are 100% original so I ask for help, if you were in my situation what would you do? and ask him is not an option because he does not answer me .... I'm a f**king unfortunate xD

If it boot up Hekate/Atmosphere then the files work fine.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would assume an installer is at least aware of what files are needed for CFW and the like but I can understand wanting to verify the files yourself. Now I understand your predicament. In that case, you can follow this page for some guides you can follow for getting the correct files.

Reactions: MiHOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P