1. Galebourn

Galebourn Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Thank you for your answer, I didn't know Hekate has that feature now.
    Anyway, when I try to migrate the emunand, it does nothing. I click continue and everything stays the same. Am I doing something wrong?

Attached Files:

2. cheesie

cheesie Newbie
    Newcomer

Singapore
    Ok. Time to hunt for gen 1 switch which can be modded. Thanks..

Draxzelex likes this.
  3. Galebourn

Galebourn Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Oh well, I just realized.. after trying this I went back to my SXOS emunand to play games and noticed that the games won't launch anymore, giving me the update nag

Attached Files:

4. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    CFW already supports 9.2.0, so you can directly update to it.

5. Denni93

Denni93 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Hey guys, can someone recommend any tutorial that helps me setting up emummc?

Currently I am on the latest atmosphere version with FW 9.2.0, I also have a complete clean Backup from my switch when it was on (I think) 4.1.0. Is it possible to set everything up and also keeping all my current savegames, games etc.?

Most of the youtube (I always prefer watching a guide instead of just reading it) tutorials are a few months old, I am not sure if they are still up to date.

Thanks in advance!

6. KaizoKage

KaizoKage Member
    Newcomer

If I use my nand backup will my switch revert to that firmware version?

7. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    If you restore it, yes. But keep in mind that if you have burnt more fuses than the firmware of the NAND backup should have burnt, you can't boot to it with official boot loader.

8. KaizoKage

KaizoKage Member
    Newcomer

oh, would that be annoying? if yes, I'll just forget about doing it

9. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    Depends. You can't boot without first going to RCM anymore. Check your fuse count with hekate. Compare it with here.

10. mikecoolchin

mikecoolchin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi guys,

I'm not new to all this, but something's been messed up with my Switch.

When I shut down my switch (using power option from the home menu), the screen is black... I cannot use my jig to enter RCM mode, I cannot hold the power button to boot up the switch normally, nothing works.

The only thing I can do (and I've replicated this 3x) is to hold down the power button for about 20 seconds. Then I have to wait a small period of time (around 10-30min) and constantly try to press volume up + power with the jig in to get to RCM. Eventually, it will get to RCM mode, but its really inconsistent. Once I get it to RCM, I'm golden and everything works, but I can never TURN OFF my switch as I used to.

In the past, this was never a problem. This sounds like an AutoRCM issue but I've checked and I used hekate to turn OFF AutoRCM, so I don't know whats up. I originally turned ON AutoRCM from Reinx, then I switched from Reinx to Atmosphere as my CFW and turned OFF Autorcm in hekate. Did I need to turn OFF AutoRCM in the same way I turned it ON aka using Reinx?

Really baffled by this and could use help.

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by mikecoolchin, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:26 PM
  11. Gorkensnorkel

Gorkensnorkel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oy, I'm about to run through the Ultimate Noob Guide today and was just wondering about 90DNS. I heard of something called Incognito Mode that supposedly replaces 90DNS, should I go with that?

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I personally used SX OS to partition the SD card for me then used the migrate emuMMC option in Hekate. When you create emuMMC for the first time, it will be a duplicate of your sysMMC so don't wipe anything there before setting emuMMC up.

Try using briccmii

No, Incognito has not been proven to prevent bans for a number of reasons.
    a) It doesn't wipe all information from Prodinfo. A very bad example there is the consoleid which does not get wiped
    b) Important Prodinfo data is cached in system save files
    c) This means the switch TRIES to send identifiable information to Nintendo. They just decide to not accept the connection and do something with it at the moment
    d) If Nintendo decides to allow access to some services without any prodinfo data you're screwed.
    e) It wipes some important things out of your Prodinfo so if you're careless and you loose that prodinfo backup because your SD card corrupts or something you're fucked

13. Gorkensnorkel

United States
    Thanks for the heads up.

@Draxzelex

Hey, you mentioned using Awoo and NS-USBLoader before and I am currently trying to figure out how to use NS-USBLoader. I downloaded it from the github here but its not an installer and there doesn't seem to be clear instructions on what to do with the files in the zip. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Nevermind I found a video on it, gonna give it a shot.

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel, Mar 27, 2020 at 3:37 AM
  14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Scroll down to the Usage section and follow the instructions depending on which OS you are using.

15. MrSweet

MrSweet Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi there,

I'm looking for confirmation that i have everything I need to hack my switch. I'm following the Ultimate Noob Guide and my only objective modding the switch is to gain the ability to transfer saves. I will try to avoid getting banned but I don't really do anything online other than game updates so it's not that important to me.

I have a jig 3D printed from work with some speaker wire ready to go along with a Type C adapter cable.

I'm going to use TegraRcmGUI for the payload injection and my switch is a XAW7000 series so it should be good to go.

I'm going to use fusee-gelee with the Kosmos (Atmosphere) Defaults package. This includes EdiZon which I believe is what I need for the save transferring.

I'm using the walk through here: to do the whole process.

So is there anything I have missed? Is EdiZon the correct app for save transfer or is there something else I should use?

Thanks in advance for any help!

16. Gorkensnorkel

United States
    Is it ok to have user profiles active with CFW or should I remove them?

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel, Mar 27, 2020 at 6:36 AM
  17. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    Since you should stay offline while running CFW anyway, you can keep it.

18. grey72

grey72 #72

Antarctica
    Hey, I've successfully downgraded from 9.0 to 4.1.0 using a NAND backup. I can boot into OFW using hekate fine but I'm still getting the sleep mode freeze bug. I've checked my fuses and hekate says "Burnt Fuses (ODM 7/6: 5 - 0)" in orange letters. AFAIK this is the correct amount for booting into 4.1.0. Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

19. Denni93

Denni93 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Thanks alot for your reply!

Could you also please show me the tutorial you followed to set up emummc?

I don´t want to mess anything up, a step by step guide would be really great :)

20. baryburton

baryburton Newbie
    Newcomer

Guys I have a unpatched nintendo switch should I use rcm method or should I wait this new modchip ( team executer)? Which method is safer and better for our switchs ? Is rcm method safe and ok in long term use ?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH