Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

zooza121

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

I've got a noob question (I think) for you:

I've set up an emuNAND on my Switch and dumped some of my cartridges to nsp and installed them afterwards (so that I don't have to change them anymore). When I try to start the games, my switch wants to install updates - but don't use WiFi on my emuNAND.

I've tried to erase the software requirements with Goldleaf and Tinfoil - no success.

Since I've played my games of OFW (with WiFi) before I've set up my emuNAND, I guess that my Switch "knows" that I've played the game with updates beforehand. Is there any solution for this?

Greetings

Edit: I performed a factory reset on my emuNAND and now everything works

Last edited by zooza121,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But will i need to format my SD that is currently quite full of games before creating emunand ? In FreeShop I'm talking about HBG.
Yes you will need to format your SD card. HBGShop is not the same as Freeshop. Freeshop is a term used to refer to a CDN downloader that runs on your console which does exist but does not work anymore. HBGShop is a homebrew app full of pirated games and therefore cannot be linked on this forum.

Not to sure how this is done but I believe I read there is a way to transfer pc save games to the switch version of the game. Either I read that or it was just about pc mods on switch. So far searching not finding if it’s possible.
It depends on the game.

Hello experts!
I want to patch(=install cfw) my nx now and I have a question about that.

What I want by patching my nx is...
-save editing to my pokemon cartridge and play online
-install hacked games on emmuMMC and play them (without online play)

I will install incognito in my emmuMMC, so installing hacked games and playing them on emmuMMC without online will be safe (almost less probability to get banned). But by installing incognito, I can't play my cartridge with online on my emmuMMC.

Surely, I can play cartridge game online on sysnand, but in that case I can't do save editing to my cartridge because I know installing cfw on sysnand +editing save files +playing online is too risky to get banned.

I come up with solutions and this is what I thought
1. prepare 2 sd cards
2. one is patched one installed cfw/emmu and has clean sysnand and the other one is patched one installed cfw/sys.
3. when I want to play hacked game, use cfw/emmu sd card
4. when I want to play save-modified cartridge with online playing, use cfw/sys sd card to edit my save file (with applying 90dns and airplane mode) -> use cfw/emmu sd card and play online on clean sysnand (=ofw)

Is my solution possible to prevent to get banned (or less probability to get baned)?
If my solution is risky, what should I do in this situation? (what is the better solution?)

Sorry for my bad English :(
You can still get banned. In order to avoid getting banned, never go online when using any CFW or homebrew.

Hi guys,

I've got a noob question (I think) for you:

I've set up an emuNAND on my Switch and dumped some of my cartridges to nsp and installed them afterwards (so that I don't have to change them anymore). When I try to start the games, my switch wants to install updates - but don't use WiFi on my emuNAND.

I've tried to erase the software requirements with Goldleaf and Tinfoil - no success.

Since I've played my games of OFW (with WiFi) before I've set up my emuNAND, I guess that my Switch "knows" that I've played the game with updates beforehand. Is there any solution for this?

Greetings
Install the updates for the games.

AntonyB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes you will need to format your SD card. HBGShop is not the same as Freeshop. Freeshop is a term used to refer to a CDN downloader that runs on your console which does exist but does not work anymore. HBGShop is a homebrew app full of pirated games and therefore cannot be linked on this forum.

Yeah I know it can't be linked, wasn't 100% sure about FreeShop existing but I meant HBG. For HBG I'd need to use incognito in emunand or 90DNS for it to work ?

If I have a NAND backup from before I started to use CFW, would you recommend restoring that first before creating emunand? I can't remember what FW I was on though honestly. Is it really worth exploiting OFW for online ?

If I copied my SD card to my PC, it's just the nintendo folder that I need to copy to the new emunand to recover my games right?

Thanks for taking your time like always Drax.

DarkSmile

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You have to download them illegally online but afterwards, you can install them. Of course, you have to make sure your console is unpatched or if it is a patched unit, that it is running firmware 4.1 or less. By the way, jailbreak is an iOS term so it does not really apply to Nintendo Switch hacking.

It's maybe really stupid, but your saying jailbreak is an iOS term but I still have to "jailbreak"/hack it to be able to play those illegal games or not?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know it can't be linked, wasn't 100% sure about FreeShop existing but I meant HBG. For HBG I'd need to use incognito in emunand or 90DNS for it to work ?

If I have a NAND backup from before I started to use CFW, would you recommend restoring that first before creating emunand? I can't remember what FW I was on though honestly. Is it really worth exploiting OFW for online ?

If I copied my SD card to my PC, it's just the nintendo folder that I need to copy to the new emunand to recover my games right?

Thanks for taking your time like always Drax.
You do not have to use Incognito or 90DNS but they ensure you will not get banned while using HBGShop while retaining your ability to use online services such as HBGShop.

No, I always recommend people to setup emuMMC after restoring their NAND because there is no need for emuMMC to be clean and setting up emuMMC before restoring your NAND will ensure all saves and games will be carried over.

Yes, all games are stored in the Nintendo folder.

It's maybe really stupid, but your saying jailbreak is an iOS term but I still have to "jailbreak"/hack it to be able to play those illegal games or not?
The correct term is "hacking". You do not "jailbreak" the Nintendo Switch.

drickmel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Switch Lite and accidentally updated it to 9.2.0 because of the darn update prompt showing up everytime I launch a game. How screwed I am? I never wanted to update because I plan to wait for the latest exploit. Sigh.

HexRebuilt

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Italy
hi to all, i have a noob question.

i've update my switch from 8.0.0 to 9.2.0 with hekate. after the update all the old nsps installed weren't usable anymore and also the safe files seems to be gone from the sd folder.

what should i do in order to have back my saves and use the old backups?

thanks to everyone that helps noobs like me

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I still need to hack it to play illegal games right? Don't wanna hack it if it's not necessary
I mean how would you play them without hacking :P

I just got a Switch Lite and accidentally updated it to 9.2.0 because of the darn update prompt showing up everytime I launch a game. How screwed I am? I never wanted to update because I plan to wait for the latest exploit. Sigh.
In your defense, there were no exploits planned for the Switch Lite but being on the latest firmware reduces that minuscule chance of getting an exploit to pretty much zero.

drickmel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean how would you play them without hacking :P

In your defense, there were no exploits planned for the Switch Lite but being on the latest firmware reduces that minuscule chance of getting an exploit to pretty much zero.

No one's working on Switch Lite exploit? I just hope that if there's one then 9.2.0 gets included as a hackable version.

RsLeafy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have homebrew working but I want to play Animal Crossing online with friends. Would I be able to boot into stock, and download it from the E-Shop without any worry? Also, I expect a system update will be required so could I update stock without and repercussions to EmuNAND?

Thanks in advance!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have homebrew working but I want to play Animal Crossing online with friends. Would I be able to boot into stock, and download it from the E-Shop without any worry? Also, I expect a system update will be required so could I update stock without and repercussions to EmuNAND?

Thanks in advance!
Only if you have never run CFW or homebrew. And to use the eShop, you need to be on the latest firmware even though Animal Crossing works on lower firmware versions.

SHADOWG23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I powered my Switch off 3 months ago (not sleep mode) and cannot power it on now. When I plug the charger in, the battery icon (at about 60%) flashes on and off. I tried holding the power button for 15 seconds, but the Nintendo logo appears and disappears. I have a video of it too, but it's just as I described. I always use PegaSwitch to get into Hekate and then get into emuMMC, so I haven't used autoRCM. I also have never damaged the Switch in any way. Any help would be appreciated.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:

Ahoy, new to switch hacking here and there are two things I am trying to figure out.

1) The "test payload" link in the Ultimate Guide under Step 0 of the Checking RCM page is dead, is there somewhere else I can find it?

2) If I hack my switch and install CFW will I still be able to boot it up normally to play online and purchase eShop content?

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Topgrandslam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hi Experts!
I have a simple question about cfw.

Is it possible to choose one between the two, booting cfw on sysNAND or booting cfw on emmuMMC?
I mean that (for example)
-When I want to play hacked games, I run cfw on emmuMMC and download it.
-When I want to dump my game save file on sysNAND, I run cfw on sysNAND and dump it using Checkpoint or Edizon.
is it possible to do?

Last edited by Topgrandslam,

jokerq8

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heyyyyy guys i have big issue with my switch,
when i try to install some games i get a error message saying : lower firmware!
I already have last firmware (( check pics))
I have clean installation .. I format my sd more than 10 time.. But still get same message.
Please help me i have headache

Attachments

• IMG_20200314_015243.jpg
    IMG_20200314_015243.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20200314_015343.jpg
    IMG_20200314_015343.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users