Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a payload injector for Mac users?
Fusee launcher.
EDIT:

Ahoy, new to switch hacking here and there are two things I am trying to figure out.

1) The "test payload" link in the Ultimate Guide under Step 0 of the Checking RCM page is dead, is there somewhere else I can find it?

2) If I hack my switch and install CFW will I still be able to boot it up normally to play online and purchase eShop content?
  1. Test payload can be anything.
  2. Yes up until you are banned.
Hi Experts!
I have a simple question about cfw.

Is it possible to choose one between the two, booting cfw on sysNAND or booting cfw on emmuMMC?
I mean that (for example)
-When I want to play hacked games, I run cfw on emmuMMC and download it.
-When I want to dump my game save file on sysNAND, I run cfw on sysNAND and dump it using Checkpoint or Edizon.
is it possible to do?
Hekate lets you choose which one you wish to boot.

Heyyyyy guys i have big issue with my switch,
when i try to install some games i get a error message saying : lower firmware!
I already have last firmware (( check pics))
I have clean installation .. I format my sd more than 10 time.. But still get same message.
Please help me i have headache
Have you tried using ReiNX?

Reactions: Topgrandslam

drickmel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its considered unhackable until further notice. There is the modchip that TX will be releasing eventually but that will require soldering.
There won't be a solderless version? :ohnoes: Also, if you get banned, is it just your NNID or the whole unit itself?

Last edited by drickmel,

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fusee launcher.

1. Test payload can be anything.
  2. Yes up until you are banned.
That sucks, so... even if I boot my switch up in normal OFW mode and go online I can still get banned?

And, after I boot the switch using OFW... when I go back to CFW do I have to reinstall everything (send the payloads again etc)?

SupahTofu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I don't care about getting banned at all (have a clean switch for online play), can I just hop right into installing SXOS using SX Pro and not have to worry about anything else? I hear people use EmuNAND to avoid bans and bricking but am I at risk for bricking doing this?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the SX Pro compared to installing the CFW Found in The Ultimate Guide for the switch? I was just looking at it on the website and started wondering.

Edit: So it sounds like a ban is pretty much inevitable. If so then how do you update your system firmware to play new games?

Sorry for all the noob questions, I am reading through the material I am finding as fast as I can.

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Joe9411

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello. I have a clean Sysnand backup 9.1.0 but I would like to backup the 9.2.0 that I've installed recently (I do all "other" stuff on an emummc 9.1.0 with atmosphere 10.4).

Due to the emummc, you understand that I have a SD card partizioned. Now what I don't know is if i can still backup the sysnand. If yes where will be located all backup? Inside the partition where you can put files into it?

I hope you understood me and sorry for my english.

Ranshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I currently have an sxos hidden emunand on 8.1.0 and would like to update it to 9.1.0 however I'd also like to avoid burning the game cart fuse. I know only atmosphere allows you to do this. My question is can I run atmosphere within my sxos hidden emunand, so I can then update it using atmosphere?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There won't be a solderless version? :ohnoes: Also, if you get banned, is it just your NNID or the whole unit itself?
The solderless is not recommended to use. And bans typically affect the console, not the Nintendo Account. The Switch does not use the NNID.

That sucks, so... even if I boot my switch up in normal OFW mode and go online I can still get banned?

And, after I boot the switch using OFW... when I go back to CFW do I have to reinstall everything (send the payloads again etc)?
Traces of CFW & homebrew persist in the console even if you boot into stock. And in order to boot into CFW, you have to send the payload again. Nothing has to be reinstalled although nothing should have been installed in the first place.

So if I don't care about getting banned at all (have a clean switch for online play), can I just hop right into installing SXOS using SX Pro and not have to worry about anything else? I hear people use EmuNAND to avoid bans and bricking but am I at risk for bricking doing this?
If you don't care about being banned, you can use SX Pro on the Switch without any concern. Without emuNAND, you do put the console itself at risk for being bricked but if you have a NAND backup, you can recover from 99% of all bricks.

How is the SX Pro compared to installing the CFW Found in The Ultimate Guide for the switch? I was just looking at it on the website and started wondering.

Edit: So it sounds like a ban is pretty much inevitable. If so then how do you update your system firmware to play new games?

Sorry for all the noob questions, I am reading through the material I am finding as fast as I can.
The SX Pro replaces the parts where you send a payload via a computer or phone but the rest of the process is identical although you do not install CFW. You can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update the console's firmware.

Hello. I have a clean Sysnand backup 9.1.0 but I would like to backup the 9.2.0 that I've installed recently (I do all "other" stuff on an emummc 9.1.0 with atmosphere 10.4).

Due to the emummc, you understand that I have a SD card partizioned. Now what I don't know is if i can still backup the sysnand. If yes where will be located all backup? Inside the partition where you can put files into it?

I hope you understood me and sorry for my english.
You can still backup your NAND. It will go in the /backup folder on the root of your SD card.
I currently have an sxos hidden emunand on 8.1.0 and would like to update it to 9.1.0 however I'd also like to avoid burning the game cart fuse. I know only atmosphere allows you to do this. My question is can I run atmosphere within my sxos hidden emunand, so I can then update it using atmosphere?
Yes. For me, I used the migrate emuMMC option in Hekate which worked flawlessly. Make sure you also change the destination folder for the Nintendo folder for emuMMC.

Reactions: Ranshiro

Ranshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes. For me, I used the migrate emuMMC option in Hekate which worked flawlessly. Make sure you also change the destination folder for the Nintendo folder for emuMMC.

It's been eons since I've used Hekate, please allow me to double check. So I would...

1. put the hekate bin file in the root of my memory card
2. boot into sxos as usual and choose "boot other os" and boot hekate
3. within hekate i'd choose "migrate emuMMC"
4. then launch atmosphere and it would launch into my sxos emunand?
5. update using choi
6. then i can go back to using my sxos on my emunand as usual?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been eons since I've used Hekate, please allow me to double check. So I would...

1. put the hekate bin file in the root of my memory card
2. boot into sxos as usual and choose "boot other os" and boot hekate
3. within hekate i'd choose "migrate emuMMC"
4. then launch atmosphere and it would launch into my sxos emunand?
5. update using choi
6. then i can go back to using my sxos on my emunand as usual?
I am not sure if SX OS will still be able to detect the emuNAND once you migrated it but I also don't see any reason why it should not. Otherwise your steps are fine.

Ranshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Cool, thank you. I just want to check one more thing, as it's been a long time since I've used atmosphere as well, I just did some reading up. I downloaded the atmosphere zip file from github. I just copy all the files and folders to the root of my sdcard, and then when using hekate and choose "boot to cfw" it will launch atmopshere?

Forgive me as way back when i used Hekate to launch into cfw you had to choose a specific payload, but now looking at the atmosphere files there seem to be several payloads within it.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex

First of all, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer our questions. It's very much appreciated.

The SX Pro replaces the parts where you send a payload via a computer or phone but the rest of the process is identical although you do not install CFW. You can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update the console's firmware.

There is a Whatsko RCM Loader that allows you to boot into Atmosphere, SXOS, or ReiNX (whatever that is), it looks pretty cool actually.

If SXOS doesn't install CFW does that make it less likely to get banned? I read that you can back up emunand with SXOS or the SX Pro but does it let you use the homebrew ChoiDujourNX that you need to update the console's firmware?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex

First of all, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer our questions. It's very much appreciated.

There is a Whatsko RCM Loader that allows you to boot into Atmosphere, SXOS, or ReiNX (whatever that is), it looks pretty cool actually.

If SXOS doesn't install CFW does that make it less likely to get banned? I read that you can back up emunand with SXOS or the SX Pro but does it let you use the homebrew ChoiDujourNX that you need to update the console's firmware?
No CFW is more or less safe from bans. You also do not any install CFW on the Switch. Lastly, both Atmosphere and SX support emuMMC with the former being free.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to wrap myself around it I think, the CFW goes on the SD card and you just need something, a PC or custom injector to deliver a payload which pretty much directs the switch to read whats on the SD card? That's why you can remove the injector afterward. And it lasts until you reboot the switch. A lot different from the 3DS.

So... just a couple of general thinks I'd like to ask:

Can you play local multiplayer when using CFW on your switch?

And I read somewhere that when in RCM using CFW your switch won't sleep and it drains the battery pretty fast, is that correct?

Edit:

Oh, and what is this stuff about "blowing fuses" in the switch that I have been reading? That sounds bad...

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thank you. I just want to check one more thing, as it's been a long time since I've used atmosphere as well, I just did some reading up. I downloaded the atmosphere zip file from github. I just copy all the files and folders to the root of my sdcard, and then when using hekate and choose "boot to cfw" it will launch atmopshere?

Forgive me as way back when i used Hekate to launch into cfw you had to choose a specific payload, but now looking at the atmosphere files there seem to be several payloads within it.
Sorry I personally use SDSetup and never use vanilla Atmosphere. Although there is only one payload for Atmosphere officially and that is Fusee-primary.

I'm starting to wrap myself around it I think, the CFW goes on the SD card and you just need something, a PC or custom injector to deliver a payload which pretty much directs the switch to read whats on the SD card? That's why you can remove the injector afterward. And it lasts until you reboot the switch. A lot different from the 3DS.

So... just a couple of general thinks I'd like to ask:

Can you play local multiplayer when using CFW on your switch?

And I read somewhere that when in RCM using CFW your switch won't sleep and it drains the battery pretty fast, is that correct?

Edit:

Oh, and what is this stuff about "blowing fuses" in the switch that I have been reading? That sounds bad...
Nothing stops you from using local multiplayer on a hacked console.

RCM is a state you should not be in for extended periods of time in the first place. The only reason your console boots up into RCM is so you can send a payload. Therefore, there is no reason for it to ever stay in RCM; either turn it off or keep it in sleep mode. RCM drains the battery fairly quickly at a rate of about 5% per hour.

Fuses are designed to prevent downgrading. When your console boots up, it is actually checking the number of fuses burnt and the current firmware. If they match, the console boots up like normal. If the number of fuses is lower than the firmware, then the console burns fuses until they match. If the number of fuses is higher than the firmware, then the console will not boot and the screen will stay black.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuses are designed to prevent downgrading. When your console boots up, it is actually checking the number of fuses burnt and the current firmware. If they match, the console boots up like normal. If the number of fuses is lower than the firmware, then the console burns fuses until they match. If the number of fuses is higher than the firmware, then the console will not boot and the screen will stay black.

What does this mean, exactly, for CFW users? Can I damage my switch irreparably by accidentally blowing fuses without knowing it? Does or can blowing fuses brick the switch or render me unable to use game carts?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does this mean, exactly, for CFW users? Can I damage my switch irreparably by accidentally blowing fuses without knowing it? Does or can blowing fuses brick the switch or render me unable to use game carts?
The current exploit is a tethered coldboot. This means that if you ever power down the console, you have to manually perform the exploit again to get to CFW meaning you have to resend the payload. Not everyone is a fan of this type of exploit and would much rather prefer an untethered coldboot exploit similar to B9S on the 3DS. The belief is that lower firmware versions are more susceptible to untethered exploits than higher firmware versions so if you are able to avoid burning fuses thus preserving a path for downgrading, you may be able to utilize one if it ever comes out.

It should also be worth noting that there is no advantage in burning fuses aside from less micromanagement. There are no bans associated with mismatched fuse counts.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am pretty much done asking questions then, I am seeing a lot of issues right now in the forums and some posts on the SXOS site about people getting black screens, losing the ability to play games, even some folks claiming to have bricked their switch, etc, after updating (accidentally or intentionally) there firmware. I didn't see anything on updating CFW or OFW in the Ultimate Guide for the switch.

Is there anywhere I can find more information on the proper way to update all of these CFW's so I can avoid these problems? Is confusion and/or issues like this common when updating CFW for the switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries