Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome, thank you very much for the QUICK response. so just use the hekate payload to restore like the tutorials say and just disregard the downgrade part?
I recommend making a NAND backup before restoring your old backup, but yes. If the sysNAND is 8.1.0 and the backup is 8.1.0, you don't need to worry about BOOT0/1.

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend making a NAND backup before restoring your old backup, but yes. If the sysNAND is 8.1.0 and the backup is 8.1.0, you don't need to worry about BOOT0/1.
gotchya have a (working) backup at all times.
so are the boot files the same before and after modding ?
thanX in advance

NopeDope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed your suggestion and installed atmosphere and sigpacthes again. I'm still getting the same error. So now I want to try tinfoil. I found their page and they say that I need to use Lockpick to create keys.txt. But when I open Lockpick, it only generates prod.keys in SD.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed your suggestion and installed atmosphere and sigpacthes again. I'm still getting the same error. So now I want to try tinfoil. I found their page and they say that I need to use Lockpick to create keys.txt. But when I open Lockpick, it only generates prod.keys in SD.
prod.keys can be renamed keys.txt, and it's the same thing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so im reading this https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

cant seem to figure what restore option i would pick. "“Restore eMMC BOOT 0/1” or “Restore eMMC RAW GPP”.
If you have a rawnand.bin, use Restore eMMC RAW GPP.

If you haven't done so, backup your BOOT0/1.

Reactions: barelynotlegal

NopeDope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prod.keys can be renamed keys.txt, and it's the same thing.

If you have a rawnand.bin, use Restore eMMC RAW GPP.

If you haven't done so, backup your BOOT0/1.
Thanks again. I installed lithium successfully, but can't figure out how I can install NSP through USB. Is there any guide you can refer me to?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again. I installed lithium successfully, but can't figure out how I can install NSP through USB. Is there any guide you can refer me to?
If you want to install over USB or FTP, use Tinfoil, not Lithium. Same website, different application.

You must use nut server on your computer to install over USB or FTP.

Reactions: NopeDope

AuroraBorealis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First, don't connect online unless you have PegaScape setup. If you connect online without it, you will get a browser supernag, and you won't be able to hack your Switch.

Follow this guide to hack your Switch and make a NAND backup:

The best time to do a NAND backup is ASAP. That way, it's as clean as possible, and you have it if you accidentally brick early.

I recommend skipping Step 2: Injecting Fake News and Step 3: Configuring PegaScape (Fake News) so your NAND backup is relatively cleaner.

Oh jeez, the only thing Ive done so far is turn off auto update / configure DNS settings to not alert me. When configuring DNS settings I had to input my wifi settings and did so for a bit but didnt utilize anything other then the settings. I assume I am already too late?

Thank you for the quick reply!

Edit: Followed a guide on Imore, Id post the link but am unable to. Basically "how-block-firmware-updates-nintendo-switch-so-you-can-jailbreak-it" article.

Last edited by AuroraBorealis,

NopeDope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to install over USB or FTP, use Tinfoil, not Lithium. Same website, different application.

You must use nut server on your computer to install over USB or FTP.
Tried tinfoil, didn't help. But installing NSPs from SD over Lithium worked like a charm. So apparently I'm going to stick to Lithium. Any help regarding USB installing via that app is much appreciated.
Update: Nevermind. Found an online guide. Thanks to everyone who helped me today.

Last edited by NopeDope,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh jeez, the only thing Ive done so far is turn off auto update / configure DNS settings to not alert me. When configuring DNS settings I had to input my wifi settings and did so for a bit but didnt utilize anything other then the settings. I assume I am already too late?

Thank you for the quick reply!

Edit: Followed a guide on Imore, Id post the link but am unable to. Basically "how-block-firmware-updates-nintendo-switch-so-you-can-jailbreak-it" article.
Follow the guide above. That's all you need.
  1. Try connecting to your internet, but input the wrong password on purpose.
  2. Save the settings.
  3. Enter the settings.
  4. Input the PegaScape DNS settings.
  5. Fix the password.
  6. Save the settings.

Tried tinfoil, didn't help. But installing NSPs from SD over Lithium worked like a charm. So apparently I'm going to stick to Lithium. Any help regarding USB installing via that app is much appreciated.
Update: Nevermind. Found an online guide. Thanks to everyone who helped me today.
Tinfoil requires nut server to be running on the computer.

anderzv

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Ok, long story short:
- I have a succesfully hacked switch Running atmosphere (have always been in airplane mode). Let's Call it Switch1.

- I bought a banned switch for cheap since i'm hacking and therefore don't care about online functionality. Let's Call it Switch2

I restored Switch1 using my NAND backup using hekake succesfully and booted without the SD-card. I can use the Eshop without problem. (No message about being banned).

My question is: when is it safe to assume that Switch1 is not getting banned? (I'm gonna sell it and use Switch2 instead)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, long story short:
- I have a succesfully hacked switch Running atmosphere (have always been in airplane mode). Let's Call it Switch1.

- I bought a banned switch for cheap since i'm hacking and therefore don't care about online functionality. Let's Call it Switch2

I restored Switch1 using my NAND backup using hekake succesfully and booted without the SD-card. I can use the Eshop without problem. (No message about being banned).

My question is: when is it safe to assume that Switch1 is not getting banned? (I'm gonna sell it and use Switch2 instead)
If the NAND backup was clean (i.e. before any hacks were used), then you are unlikely to be banned. That being said, a ban could happen at just about any time.

anderzv

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If the NAND backup was clean (i.e. before any hacks were used), then you are unlikely to be banned. That being said, a ban could happen at just about any time.

It was clean. And I made sure to use DNS90 and airplane mode at all times using cfw.

Just don't want to sell a console for it to be Banned 2 weeks later :( is it known what determines if a console is going to get banned?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was clean. And I made sure to use DNS90 and airplane mode at all times using cfw.

Just don't want to sell a console for it to be Banned 2 weeks later :( is it known what determines if a console is going to get banned?
It doesn't sound like you did anything that would get it banned, but the odds aren't 0%.

While it sounds like it probably won't be banned, you should probably disclose that it has been hacked in the past.

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now when you say “online” do you mean the eshop or just internet connection in general? I have set my WiFi up but don’t use the eshop at all or have I linked a account to the switch. It has never been connected to the eshop before. Only to use the new hblshop thing and to ftp. No need for me to be worried or is there. I really don’t care just curious that’s all.

anderzv

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
It doesn't sound like you did anything that would get it banned, but the odds aren't 0%.

While it sounds like it probably won't be banned, you should probably disclose that it has been hacked in the past.

Thank you very much for your answer :)

TheWolfLord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does a Switch 1.0.0 Have an auto-update option to turn off? I don't see it under settings and just have it on Airplane+No networks connected. Good enough?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does a Switch 1.0.0 Have an auto-update option to turn off? I don't see it under settings and just have it on Airplane+No networks connected. Good enough?
There is no way to disable system updates from being downloaded onto your console without deleting the Wi-Fi settings or blocking the update from being downloaded with Airplane Mode or a DNS server such as 90DNS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...