"https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases"

it gives me error messages... on another time it gave a len() error
    another file returned converted to xci in the log

don't know why the errors are different for several files

please help because I would like to try the nsp to xci conversion

File "Fs\Nsp.py", line 240, in open
    File "Fs\Pfs0.py", line 61, in open
    File "Fs\File.py", line 206, in open
    OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'G:\\SWITCH GAMES\\switch NSP games\\Color Zen Kids [0100DDA00C0BC000].nsp""G:\\SWITCH GAMES\\switch NSP games\\Color Zen Kids [0100DDA00C0BC000].nsp'
    [8636] Failed to execute script squirrel
    DONE

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    No, not unless you copy your /Nintendo/ folder from the old SD card to the proper location on the new SD card.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

An untethered coldboot exploit may be possible on system versions 3.x and lower, but it will probably be a very long time (if ever) before something like that is released. Everything else will probably always require a.) fusee gelee, or b.) a warmboot browser exploit.
    1. Fusee gelee requires an unpatched system, a jig (at least the first time), and a way to push a payload over USB.
    2. A warmboot browser exploit currently requires 1.0.0, 2.0.0-3.0.0, or 4.0.1-4.1.0.
    3. A warmboot browser exploit might be released for 5.0.0-7.0.1 someday in the distant future.
    4. 8.0.0 and higher might never be hackable on patched systems that don't have access to fusee gelee.
    After booting CFW, if you leave your Switch in sleep mode when you're not using it, you're unlikely to need to power off your Switch very often. Having to power off your system, enter RCM, and push a payload should be rare.

If you're looking for a more convenient way to enter RCM, I suggest installing AutoRCM, which causes the Switch to coldboot into RCM. You will still need to push a payload over USB before the Switch can be used after a coldboot, however.

If you're looking for a more convenient way to push a payload, you can use an Android device or a cheap USB dongle.

That all being said, an untethered coldboot method of entering CFW exists by using a modchip and AutoRCM. The Switch will coldboot into RCM, and the modchip will automatically push the appropriate payload.

Draxzelex, depaul and tabzer like this.
  3. Yareyare

Yareyare Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi.
    I had a samsung sd card and I could launch cfw in both emunand and sysnand.
    I recently bought a new 400go sd card. Sysnand works fine but when I want to launch emunand it gets back to hekate launch screen.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Did you partition the new SD card properly for emuNAND? Is the storage partition formatted as FAT32?

5. Yareyare

Yareyare Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes :
    - I formatted the sd card with GUI format.
    - I followed the steps as in a well known tutorial in github pages to create the partition with Minitool partition wizard. I make emummc and changed it to SD RAW 1.

I did the same before and it worked.
    Sysnand works fine.

Thanks

6. MrJey

MrJey Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I have a Switch and a question:

Do I need to use the rcmloader rig everytime I shutdown and / or reboot my switch to get into CFW or is this a onetime thing to get the CFW enabled?

If I go CFW, I want to go full CFW just like with my 3DS and Luma.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Everytime the unit get shut down, unless you get a modchip fitted.

MrJey likes this.
  8. MrJey

MrJey Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Thanks, I will wait for this scene to mature more.
    Can’t wait for a “Boot9Strap” kinda level hack! :D

9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    An untethered coldboot exploit may be possible on system versions 3.x and lower, but it will probably be a very long time (if ever) before something like that is released. Everything else will probably always require a.) fusee gelee, or b.) a warmboot browser exploit.
    1. Fusee gelee requires an unpatched system, a jig (at least the first time), and a way to push a payload over USB.
    2. A warmboot browser exploit currently requires 1.0.0, 2.0.0-3.0.0, or 4.0.1-4.1.0.
    3. A warmboot browser exploit might be released for 5.0.0-7.0.1 someday in the distant future.
    4. 8.0.0 and higher might never be hackable on patched systems that don't have access to fusee gelee.
    After booting CFW, if you leave your Switch in sleep mode when you're not using it, you're unlikely to need to power off your Switch very often. Having to power off your system, enter RCM, and push a payload should be rare.

If you're looking for a more convenient way to enter RCM, I suggest installing AutoRCM, which causes the Switch to coldboot into RCM. You will still need to push a payload over USB before the Switch can be used after a coldboot, however.

If you're looking for a more convenient way to push a payload, you can use an Android device or a cheap USB dongle.

That all being said, an untethered coldboot method of entering CFW exists by using a modchip and AutoRCM. The Switch will coldboot into RCM, and the modchip will automatically push the appropriate payload.

Draxzelex likes this.
  10. AuroraBorealis

Newcomer

Canada
    When it comes to SD cards, is it recommended to use Fat32 or Exfat?

I am looking at buying a 400gb micro sd card, and I dont think I have the exfat update. Is it safe to do all my nand backups and game downloads with a formatted Fat32 card?

11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    FAT32 is recommended since exFAT is more likely to become corrupt.

12. ScrPotato

ScrPotato GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You would need to reinstall your games if they are on the MicroSD.

13. Baoh

Baoh Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi Guys, I have Bought a new SD card 400 GB, I have hakate on the console, how can I use a new SD card? Have y got a tutorial?
    After I format it in exFat what I need to do?

Ty for help

14. Idontknowwhattoputhere

United Kingdom

15. Baoh

Baoh Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    OK Tx but after I format It what I need to do? Hakate is already install in the console :)

16. Idontknowwhattoputhere

United Kingdom
    Use fat32 over exfat
    https://switch.homebrew.guide/

Lacius likes this.
  17. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The contents of one SD card can be moved to the other. The games don't need to be "reinstalled."

18. Baoh

Baoh Member
    Newcomer

Italy
  19. Idontknowwhattoputhere

United Kingdom
  20. malaken

malaken Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Problem here is got goldtree running with goldleaf they connect to each other and thats it. What am i supposed to do now? This is for the usb connection

21. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    From the other thread:

Make sure you are running Goldleaf on the Switch while it is plugged into the computer. Make sure you click List All Devices in Zadig. If it still doesn't show, post an image.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH