SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. askara

askara GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2013
    deleted

Last edited by askara, Jun 26, 2019
  2. microbytemob

microbytemob Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2014
    hi there , quick question, i am currently on 6.1 switch firmware, not used my switch in a while , i use sx os pro, the last time i updated from 4.0 to 6.1 , from what i remembered , i was told to uninstall auto rcm , then i updated the switch via internet switch officail site, and reinstalled auto rcm , which all worked fine , so to update to 8.1 do i use the same method or is it different any help would be great, i do not want to go down the emunand way many thx.

Last edited by microbytemob, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

Thanks for your info yes I have used ChoiDujourNX before. Is there any steps I should take before updating? Nand back up? I done one before any CFW. Also was I’m not sure about is my games file will work ok After the update? And game saves?
    I run lower OFW and CFW 6.2 with no AutoRCM. Wats the latest best functionality version I prob use that?

4. ReannaN

ReannaN GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Need help with my installed nsps. I installed them using usb and goldleaf. The first couple I installed work perfectly but the rest come up with an error “2005-0005” error when I try and play them. Any idea?

5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Check that you have enough space to install.

Last edited by Hayato213, Jun 26, 2019
  6. ReannaN

ReannaN GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    My firmware is 7.01 using Choi. My OFW is 4.0.1 (if OFW matters).

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You have enough space on where you are trying to install it to?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If you are trying to install it via Goldleaf, it will not work because Goldleaf can only install updates after the old one has been removed. Use a better title installer such as Adubbz Tinfoil. If your firmware is 7.0 or higher, you can only use either USB or network install with Adubbz Tinfoil. If you need a download link for it, you can find one here.

You should restore the clean NAND after setting up emuMMC. emuMMC is just a copy of sysMMC. If you restore the clean NAND backup before installing emuMMC, then your emuMMC will not carry over the save data from sysMMC.

emuMMC is primarily a way for users to be on a higher firmware without updating the firmware of their console. Its alternative uses include being a brick shield for your console as well as a ban shield by separating CFW and homebrew from legitimate online play. Currently, only SX OS and Atmosphere support emuMMC. Atmosphere's implementation is a bit unstable and while SX OS features a currently better version of emuMMC, it is locked behind a paywall which makes it worthless especially since Atmosphere's implementation will improve over time and eventually supersede the implementation in SX OS. Bear in the mind the main drawback to using emuMMC is that it requires 32 GB of free space on your SD card since that is how big the eMMC is on your console. If you do not wish to use emuMMC, then your only option towards preventing a ban is by making a clean NAND backup before using CFW/homebrew, staying offline with all CFW/homebrew, then restoring that clean NAND dump before going online.

As for jigs, I personally used a paperclip myself but I do not recommend using it forever. What I do recommend is after using anything like a jig to enter RCM the first time is to enable AutoRCM so you never have to use a jig again. Bear in mind this mimics a brick because the console automatically and only boots into RCM; meaning you can only use the console by sending a payload. Otherwise, buy a jig from eBay from a reseller who has a high rating to ensure better jig quality although the chances of a jig permanently damaging your system is very low.
    Is your SD card formatted as exFAT? If yes, then its possible your SD card became corrupted sometime after installing the updates which is preventing you from dumping them because the update files were corrupted. Another possibility is that your SD card is fake. If you haven't tested your SD card yet, use a program such as h2testw or FakeFlashTest to check the integrity of your SD card. Last but not least, you can try updating the games again in SysNAND and copying the Nintendo folder to the Emutendo folder.
    Use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX.

Use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX.

I mean system updates do not normally break games or saves right? Otherwise legitimate console owners would be complaining a lot. As for firmware, I recommend any 8.X firmware as 7.X has a nasty USB bug. Maybe 8.0 or 8.0.1, but not 8.1 as there is no reason to be on the latest firmware since not everything may be updated to support it.

Mixitrion likes this.
  9. Mixitrion

Mixitrion Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for your answer!

Alrighty so I will create the emuMMC, THEN restore the clean backup to my sysMMC, and I should be able to play online on my sysMMC and play all my backups in emuMMC, right?

Also, what is the best guide for restoring my clean NAND backup?

10. ReannaN

ReannaN GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    I thought that could be the issue. If there wasn’t enough space, would it still “install” the nsp and the game icon show up on the main menu?

11. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    7.0.1 is buggy with usb install, try goldleaf 0.3 if you are using 0.5, beside that I would suggest doing the install the old fashion way through putting the files on the micro sd, but long term wise not recommended as continuity of removing and inserting back the sd card can damaged the slot, worse case is that you can update to 8.0.1 via choidujourNX, just note that some games might need to be reinstalled.

12. ReannaN

ReannaN GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Ok thank you! I will try all of tour suggestions! With installing from sd card, how do I do this? Put the nsp onto the sd and use goldleaf to install or? Can I put numerous nsps on and install one after the other?

13. DoobyDude

DoobyDude Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    SXOS user here, just got around to updating my emuNAND to 8.1.0 using SXOS 2.8 beta and everything is working perfectly.
    SysNAND still on 6.0.1 and emuNAND on 8.1.0.

I updated SXOS to 2.8 by swapping the boot.dat file and then followed the same method I posted here a while ago, except I used the 8.1.0 firmware files instead of the 6.2.0 I used back then.

Hopefully it helps someone.

Last edited by DoobyDude, Jun 26, 2019
  14. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    erm what? I'm on 8.0 and I can install NSPs just fine from the SD.

15. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    yea you can do that, you can use goldleaf to install them from the sd, do note that 7.0.1 usb install is buggy as previously stated.

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yes.

For restoring your NAND, just drop your BOOT0/BOOT1 as well as your eMMC raw GPP (rawnand.bin) or eMMC SYS into the backup/(eMMC serial number)/restore folder then use the Restore function in Hekate.
    I was referring to Adubbz Tinfoil, not DZ/fakefoil made by vertigo.

17. ReannaN

ReannaN GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Thanks, is there any benefit in staying on 7.01. Should I just update to 8.x using Choi if it means the usb install isn’t buggy anymore?

18. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

Wat version of sx os should I use for 8 or 8.0.1? Is OS v2.8 BETA only for 8.1?

19. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    7.0.1 has access to the future release of the software base exploit deja vu, as it got patched in 8.0.0.

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    SX OS V2.8 adds support for firmware version 8.1. Meaning it works on all firmware versions as well as 8.1.