SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

epickid37 Nov 1, 2017.

1. nutsack

nutsack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    Dude just buy a Vita. You can find them all over the used market for $80 or so and anything 3.68 or lower is hackable today with a coldboot via Enso, while the 3.69 & 3.70 firmwares (3.70 is current) will have their exploit released in about a month. Same for 3DS. B9S give you a coldboot CFW for 3DS.

Vita and 3DS are both awesome systems loaded with great games. Especially since Vita can also play PSP and PS1 and 3DS can play DS roms (through DSIMenu++).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No, you should buy a second Switch and leave it clean if you want to play games online.

Marter714 likes this.
  2. Marter714

Marter714 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    I actually already have a hacked 3DS and used to own a Vita. I just don't want to carry around a bunch of consoles lol. I'll probably get a Vita again though there was a lot of games on there that I never got to play/finish.

As for a second Switch. Too poor for that lol. Though the thought did cross my mind so maybe later I will.
    Thanks for the advice though!

3. ZanderX420

ZanderX420 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    I have but one short question about Deja vu.Will it allow me to fully shut down my switch and boot it up in cfw?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Deja Vu is a warmboot exploit chain. If you're familiar with PS4 hacking or Mocha on the Wii U, the setup is similar; from the browser, you boot into CFW.

ZanderX420 likes this.
  5. ZanderX420

ZanderX420 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    Sweet ty drax ur the best same with sciresM and reswitched team.

Drax i was so happy i said earlier i was successfully able to downgrade back to fw 7.0.1 using chouirdejour i freaking love that program.

Now just gonna wait for deja vu

Draxzelex likes this.
  6. jessenj

jessenj Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2007
    United States
    Hi everyone - I'm just getting back into the scene after a family loss, but I'm kinda lost and could use a "guiding hand". I have a Switch on fw 5.0.1 and I have the SX Pro and its updated to 2.6.2. I have installed emunand on the filesystem of my sd but at this point I haven't progressed any further. Can someone give me a list of things I need to get up to date? What do I do about the fw on emunand? What homebrew apps do I need? Is there a page that answers most of my stupid questions already? lol I don't need step by step, but if you can give me a general idea of what order to do things in, I'd really appreciate it and the universe will reward you with 10,000 Karma points :)

tyvm - jesse

ps - forgot to mention that my SX Pro dongle hasn't worked since day 1 so I use my phone to run the patcher. I'd love to get the dongle working again if anyone knows any tricks tyvm

Last edited by jessenj, Apr 21, 2019
  7. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    I guess you want to get the latest firmware on CFW. ChoiDujourNX is a homebrew application which is able to update your switch offline. Just put the nro in the switch folder on your micro sd, the firmware file (can be found on the internet) in the firmware folder and boot in EmuNAND. Then simply start the application to begin with the update process. I recommend you to read a bit about the homebrew app in order to make everything right. Also you don’t „need“ homebrew applications. It depends on what you want to do with your switch. I also use SX OS and have the following homebrew apps: ChoiDujourNX, Lockpick, Checkpoint, SX Installer.
    Regarding the dongle: Contact the SX OS support for that.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^, Apr 21, 2019
  8. Klavice Gavin

Klavice Gavin Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2016
    Canada
    So I downgraded to 7.0.1 through a NAND, but now I noticed Atmosphere now supports 8.0.0 firmware...

I'm trying to use Atmosphere and Kosmos with my 7.0.1 Switch, but it's not working. Does the fact I previously updated mean I have no choice but to stick with firmware 8.0.0 for it to work? Or is there a workaround? I'd like to know as I'm dying to back up my saves.

9. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Please explain "not working".

10. Klavice Gavin

Klavice Gavin Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2016
    Canada
    It boots in an endless loop the (Welcome to Fusee) but I get a "fatal error" which prevents the firmware from booting up.

And meanwhile if I do it through Hekate, it gives me the same loop but with a different fatal error message.

Can someone give me a link to the stock Atmosphere titles in case that is the problem? Or should I delete everything and update to 8.0.0?

11. AntonyB

AntonyB Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    France
    It's been a while since I messed around with the switch and was looking if someone could give me some advice. Since I've always used ReiNX, I was going to switch to Atmosphere. I have the files needed already but was wondering how I would go about setting it up.

Right now I have a NS-Atmosphere with the Hekate payload on it and then I boot ReiNX with Hekate. Would this be the same method but I just put Atmosphere in the Hekate payload folders? Or is it better to use fusee from Atmosphere?

Also for some reason the NS-Atmosphere doesn't always been Hekate on the first try, is this normal or am I missing something?

I was on previously on a lower version (6.x iirc) when I made a NAND backup, I upgraded to 7.0.1 with Choj, should I make another backup?

Is it better to clean up my SD card or can I leave the old ReiNX files on there also?

Last edited by AntonyB, Apr 21, 2019
  12. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    hi guys i wanna update to 7.0.1 from 6.2
    0. can someone guide me to a link that shows how its done ? never updated yet cause i bought the switch 2nd hand
    1. Will i be able to update via choidujour without burning fuses?
    2. is autorcm needed to be able to run the fw without burning fuses?
    3. is there any game that requires 8.0
    4. is there anything that doesnt work with 7.0

13. PistolPete516

PistolPete516 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2019
    United States
    Hey everyone, I'm trying to put CFW on my Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 and I'm having an issue. Every time I inject the fusee-primary.bin it gets past the sept screen and then i get an error that says:

Fatal error: [NXBOOT] Unable to identify package1!

If anyone know what i need to do to fix this please let me know thanks.

14. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
  15. DrDoctor

DrDoctor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Why is this not mentioned on https://guide.sdsetup.com/ ?
    So even when using ChoiDuJourNX to save fuses and update 1.0.0-3.0.0 to 4.0.0 or above, you still can't fully go back because the cart slot is on a different firmware?

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    In my humble opinion, Hekate is a much better bootloader than Fusee. The only upside I see to Fusee is that its updated faster than Hekate so if you want to boot newer versions of Atmosphere sooner, Fusee is the way to go. In every other instance, Hekate is superior. Hekate doesn't even fall that far behind at times.

Anyway, not sure what you mean by first try. Maybe update the Hekate payload on it? We're currently up to version 4.9.1 but with firmware 8.0 out, another release seems to be imminent.

You don't need to make another NAND backup especially seeing as how you didn't burn fuses when you updated. It might be worse to make another NAND backup if you haven't burnt fuses because then your NAND backup will be on a firmware higher than your fuse count which means you risk burning fuses when you restore your NAND backup. Your console will still be able to recover from a brick but you won't be able to downgrade to lower firmware versions without bypassing the fuse check.

And you can keep the ReiNX files on your SD card but if you want as much space as possible, you can remove them. Although the only files ReiNX needs is the ReiNX folder.

0. https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/
    1. ChoiDujour does not support firmwares past 6.1. ChoiDujourNX on the other hand does. Yes, there is a difference and it would serve you well to at least be aware there are two different applications for updating without burning fuses
    2. Yes although both ChoiDujour and ChoiDujourNX enable AutoRCM by default
    3. Nothing will require 8.0 for several months or when 9.0 comes out, whichever happens first
    4. There are some examples such as Hellblade and update 3.0 for Smash

I can't really answer that question as I didn't make the guide for that site but yes, even if you downgrade back to a firmware below 4.0, your cartridge slot won't work because it has been updated and there is currently no way to downgrade it.

Budsixz, AntonyB and DrDoctor like this.
  17. Flash22

Flash22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2019
    Poland
    Hi, I want to hack my switch. I'm on FW 6.2 and I already made nand backup, but now im wondering which cfw should I use and have a question.
    If i will go with atmosphere and update to 7.0.1 by choidujour and some day i would like to come back to ofw, so i could downgrade to 6.2 (have a backup) and switch would be clean?
    I'm wondering which is safer, that option i write above or maybe buy SX OS and have emunand on sd card? There is any difference?

18. DrDoctor

DrDoctor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, it was more of a baffled reaction than a question.
    Really wish the scene was a bit more organized. I'm finding crucial information either accidentally or scattered around.
    But thanks for the clarification.

Draxzelex likes this.
  19. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    It is really up to you if you want to SX OS along with an Emunand or using Atmosphere along with Signature Patches. Do a clean NAND backup before doing anything else, if you want to use Atmosphere update to 7.0.1 for now, skip 8.0.0 for now as not everything is updated to work properly. With SX OS you can set up an Emunand so you play online with your Sysnand, if you want to go that route, as of right now SX OS is the only CFW that support USB XCI format. Take note that SX OS tend to be the last one get updated, Atmosphere get updated then ReiNX, then SX OS.

Flash22 likes this.
  20. AntonyB

AntonyB Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    France
    Thanks as always Drax, i'll keep hekate then and just add Atmosphere to the payload folder to load it like I have been doing with ReiNX.

Draxzelex likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted