SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. GATWYAY3.2

GATWYAY3.2 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2015
    United States
    not possible im on emunand so ill have to have at least a 32+GB fat32 sd card just to run HB apps from but this SD corruption is a good thing to know now because it just hit me that the only emu backup i have is on my sd card so if i lose this ill have to make another dump format tofat32 update format back to exfat ...and not to mention losing all my savs yep making copies of all my files NOW! and deleting everything homebrew related lol i guess i could just use the retroarch nsp is this a safer option ?

Last edited by GATWYAY3.2, Jan 18, 2019
  2. TWilliamson

TWilliamson Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Yes you burnt fuses updating to 5.1.
    And all of this doesn't really matter because according to your serial number you Switch is patched. My recommendation would be to stay on 5.1 (your lowest possible firmware) and enjoy online. And just hope that an exploit is found for the currently patched model.

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yes because there are more masterkeys on firmware 6.2 than on firmware 4.0.1

4. ZanderX420

ZanderX420 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    I need some help my switch is stuck on reinx boot screen and i got a error that says package2 magic invalid. I tried to shut my switch off by holding power button but wont turn off any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by ZanderX420, Jan 18, 2019
  5. Bazler

Bazler Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply. Pity about the fuses and I only realized it was patched after I posted. Now to play the waiting game... while gaming :)

6. ZanderX420

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    I need some help plz. I dont know what to do.

7. GATWYAY3.2

GATWYAY3.2 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2015
    United States
    im not as knowledgeable as these other guys but ill suggest holding down the power button for a long time. can something really prevent the manual shutdown from working ?

ZanderX420 likes this.
  8. ZanderX420

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    Sweet it worked ty.

GATWYAY3.2 likes this.
  9. galneon

galneon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2006
    United States
    This should be easy:

Does install order matter when installing base games, DLCs, updates with Tinfoil?

10. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    nope

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

delete reinx.bin from the root of your SD card and update the files/payload you are using with the latest version in the guide. As for powering off you already have that sorted

ZanderX420 and galneon like this.
  11. fallingrat

fallingrat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Spain
    Best way to update from RajNX to atmosphere? Would it work fine if I just replace the atmosphere folder?

Does atmosphere prevent GC update? Should I choose an option or it works by default?

Thank you in advance!

12. ZanderX420

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    By chance im looking to use cheats for offline games/single player im using ReiNX what would i need/search for? P.S gbatemp is awesome.

13. aFrenchGeek

aFrenchGeek Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2018
    France
    Hey !

Should i restore my clean NAND before doing a SDemunand ?

14. Alessandro98

Alessandro98 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2014
    Italy
    Is there any way to play legit purchased games online and backups offline on a Switch with CFW without getting banned? I have read that now SX offers emuNAND, could you use that for the "dirty stuff" offline and sysNAND for legit games online? Thanks in advance

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Replace the Atmosphere folder and delete anything that has "RajNX" in its name; that goes for folders and ini files.

As for nogc, according to Atmosphere's changelog, its applied by default if a user is booting into 4.0.0+ with fuses from <= 3.0.2. Users can override this functionality via the nogc entry in the stratosphere section of the BCT.ini:
    • Setting nogc=1 will force enable nogc patches
    • Setting nogc=0 will force disable nogc patches

I believe the only way to use cheats on non-SX OS CFW is with sys-netcheat although I've never used it myself so I have no experience with how to use it or how it works.

If you plan on playing online with SysNAND, yes. The reason being is that if your current NAND is not cleaned and you restore your complete clean NAND after installing EmuNAND, it will wipe your boot1 which is where EmuNAND is partially installed into.

While their implementation of EmuNAND is theoretically detectable by Nintendo, no one has been banned ever since its inception...yet. The free alternative involves flashing a clean NAND prior to going online which, admittedly, can get rather tiresome.

Alessandro98 and fallingrat like this.
  16. ramapadua

ramapadua Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2015
    Argentina
    hello people!
    Anyone knows how to reset my emunand without internet conection?
    Because i have some corrupet files that i would like to delete
    Thanks!

17. ramapadua

ramapadua Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2015
    Argentina
    done!

18. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    I've just got my ns atmosphere and stuck hekate onto the ns atmosphere itself, I've also put the SX OS payload onto the root of the micro sd, but when I go onto payloads in hekate it can't see the SX payload. Is there somewhere particular I should be putting it on the sd?

19. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    bootlaoder/payloads

yusuo likes this.
  20. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere bruh

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Whats the best dongle for me to get? One thats small and portable