SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. CobraX83

CobraX83 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    Hello,

Please disregard my post above......I successfully updated from 5.1 ReiNX to 6.2 Atmosphere and am trying to get mods working on Smash Bros Ultimate 1.2.1

I have not had success....following a tutorial that calls for me to patch in a xdelta3 file to the data.arc and I have done so but the game will not go past the loading screen when launching. I have got everything to work on 1.0 of the game but no luck on the latest version which people say works. Thank you for any help from someone who may know what is going on and any help at all would be MUCH appreciated!

Last edited by CobraX83, Jan 17, 2019
  2. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Other than downgrading OFW and to use as stock, is there any actual reason to save efuses? If I burn my fuses through 6.2.0 and deja Vu comes out through 6.0.0, can I just downgrade my system with choidujour, install the hack, then upgrade back to 6.2.0?

3. Powerbuy

Powerbuy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2019
    United States
    I've got an issue with Smash that couldn't find any info on. So far about half the stuff I've tried in the game leads to a crash with error code 2002-3005. I installed the xci and update 1.2.1 on atmosphere 0.8.2

4. pepoy

pepoy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2006
    im planning on restoring my clean nand and updating my firmware to 6.2 and play online a bit.

should i copy to computer and then delete everything in my sd card and put the backup folder? if i want to use CFW again (i use SX OS), can i just put back everything that was in the SD card before? (bootloader, boot.dat, hbmenu, license.dat)?

Thanks!

5. pepoy

pepoy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2006
    also, i only have a rawnand backup. i lost the BOOT 0 and BOOT 1 files. am i screwed? :(

what can i do now if i want to restore to clean state

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    While theoretically possible, they haven't been made due to the fact that mostly SX users, which are the minority, would be affected. Also note that installation has nothing to do with the bricking process. Installing the brick .NSP files isn't what caused the brick, it was launching the files. Remember that .XCI and .NSP contain the same contents but are just utilized differently. They only differ in the way they are packed; they are just containers of .NCA files.
    .NRO files are homebrew applications and you should already know where these go if you have been using Tinfoil which is a homebrew application. Games installed to the SD card are located in the Nintendo folder.

The only purpose of downgrading is for accessibility for future exploits because the current exploit is firmware agnostic.

Maybe try using another source and/or CFW.

That's fine. Boot0/boot1 only change when AutoRCM is enabled, when EmuNAND is installed, or when your firmware changes; no other changes are recorded in the boot0/boot1. If your current firmware doesn't match the firmware of your rawnand, you will need to make a new set of boot0/boot1 that does match the firmware of your rawnand with ChoiDujour. If you don't know what firmware your rawnand is, you can check it with this tool.

7. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Right. So with my question regarding DejaVu, or any other future exploit, couldn't I simply downgrade with ChoiDujour and boot with Hekate so the fuse mismatch wouldn't matter, install the exploit, then upgrade back? Or am I missing something here?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Well you're assuming the exploit is installable which is not likely given that Deja Vu for example cannot be installed. Secondly, even if it was installable, if the exploit doesn't bypass the fuse check like the current exploit, then you would need to make use of another exploit (such as the current exploit) in order to bypass the fuse check which defeats the purpose of using a supposedly installable or otherwise exploit.

To reiterate, having burnt fuses means you would need to utilize the RCM exploit in order to take advantage of another future exploit such as Deja Vu which is silly because you're already using an exploit so there's no point in downgrading once you have burnt fuses.

9. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Right, unless that future exploit is permanent/installable, in which case using one exploit to "install" another exploit, isn't uncommon. Thanks for the info!

10. Xana

Xana Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    It is highly unlikely that an exploit is usable on a higher firmware, but only installable on a lower firmware. More likely, you'll either lose the exploit by upgrading, or brick your console.

Draxzelex likes this.
  11. CobraX83

CobraX83 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    I was cleaning up my files on my SD card and had a question....is there supposed to be a Firmware folder inside the switch folder that contains your current FW or no? I think I may have accidentally copied it inside from the root when I was updating to 6.2.0 and just wanted to make sure I can safely delete it. Thanks for any help!

12. Mazkarth

Mazkarth Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Australia
    So I have ReinX running on 6.20 on a 64gb microsd card formatted to fat32.

Reason being I simply followed a guide some where. Most places stated that exfat gets corrupt easily. Is this still an issue?

If corruption on exfat still occurs, how would I install xci dumps? I’ve successfully gold leaf/gold tree nsp files, but gcdump exports as xci which I can’t work out how to install or convert. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

13. jackirate

jackirate Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2016
    Thats where i thought they would show up but nothing is there, nothing in the emuentdo or nintendo folder, its not the end of the world i was just curious.

How would i go about installing an xci file via tinfoils usb function? Is it possible?

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There shouldn't be a firmware folder inside the Switch folder unless you made one yourself. Switch folder is only supposed to contain homebrew applications.
    Unfortunately, there is no way to install .XCI files larger than 4 GB with FAT32. They would have to be converted to .NSP which has numerous workarounds including but not limited to splitting them, network installation, and USB installation. To convert .XCI files to .NSP format, you can use programs such as 4NXCI or xci2nsp.

Well its not directly in the Nintendo folder, its in the subdirectories but once you peruse through them, the formatting won't make sense. The real giveaway is that your Nintendo folder's size should have increased.

Also, its currently impossible to install .XCI files via USB. See the response I gave to the user above for possible workarounds.

CobraX83 and jackirate like this.
  15. CobraX83

CobraX83 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    Awesome and thanks for the quick response (= I figured it was placed there real quick by accident and will go ahead and delete it, thanks!

One last question that you may know....is it ok to have a Fat32 SD card for my homebrew and use a exFat for backups? I am assuming I can just pop the homebrew one in and be ok to use seperate from my backups card? Thanks again for the help!!!

Last edited by CobraX83, Jan 17, 2019
  16. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Does updating the emuNAND (SX OS) with ChoiDujourNX also update the game card reader? My sysNAND is on 2.1.0 and I have updated my emuNAND from 2.1.0 to 6.2.0. I have never inserted a game card in my switch. Have I accidentally updated the game card reader?

Last edited by pLaYeR^^, Jan 17, 2019
  17. bird333

bird333 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    I am running MAME 2003 on RetroArch. Many of the roms I copied to the SD card are not being displayed after scanning the directory. Also they won't play (causes crash) if I select the zip manually. Is there something I am missing here? Is there a better MAME emulator I can try? I did try 2003+ but I get a constant 'frame' count in the bottom left corner and it really doesn't really help.

18. Powerbuy

Powerbuy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2019
    United States
    I've tried reinstalling a different source and on ReinX and still crashes whenever I do anything not basic Smash or Training.

Currently reinstalling again but this time I won't apply the 1.2.1 update. Maybe the issues lies around there.

19. LG00

LG00 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I have exactly the same issue with SSBU. I tried Atmosphere and ReiNX, with a 6.2 firmware and 1.2.1 game update.
    If you find a solution, please share ;-)

20. Uzke

Uzke Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2019
    United States
    Hey there, I'm actually currently trying to figure out a way to get my split NSP onto my Switch, could you show me where I could find that answer?

Currently have HB+ReiNX running, tried using Tinfoil, but it doesn't seem to have USB transfer.

Goldtree USB doesn't seem to recognize the split NSP as a whole, just a blank folder.

Firmware is 4.1.0

Re-did the Phython split way and found out that I needed to archive the folder before ejecting the SD Card, installation [/S]

Last edited by Uzke, Jan 17, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted