NULL

SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Ivellios

Ivellios GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2009
    Brazil
    But RajNX is not being supported anymore

2. CapCaveman

CapCaveman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2018
    Sweden
    Guys, help!

Finished backing up my NAND and BIS keys following this guide. Started SX OS for the first time, activated the license on my PC, and booted up SX OS for a second time with the license file in the SD card. Made sure to select CFW.

It loaded the Switch's home screen for a few seconds, then gave me an error message (error code: 2051-0006) and told me to hold on the power button for 12 seconds. Tried booting up again (in RCM), saw SX's logo, but it skipped the "select" screen (for CFW/OFW) and went it straight to the Switch's home screen. Again received the same error as before.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. system version is 1.0.0, and I'm running SX OS's latest beta release (2.5) on a 128GB microSD card formatted to FAT32 using GUIFormat.

Update: Found someone on Team Xecuter's forums with the same problem as me. Apparently, you can only run SX OS 2.5 beta if you already have emuNAND on 6.2.0. Downloaded the previous beta version of SX OS (2.4.1) and it booted up just fine. I'm now in the process of creating the emuNAND.

Last edited by CapCaveman, Dec 24, 2018
  3. shutupsitdown

shutupsitdown Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2018
    Canada
    Formatting to FAT32 with GUIFormat was the solution. Lockpick was success. I have the prod.key now, but not sure which of the XCI tools is the one I should use. Which one is relevant in Dec 2018 and splits the resulting NSP for FAT32?

4. Tekimoto

Tekimoto Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2018
    Austria
    Hey guys I have a problem.My switch worked fine until I updated my SD files and and my firmware to 6.2. Now every time that I try to inject a payload it always is trying to inject and fails and then on the second time that I try again it injects it normaly. Is this normal?? Why is this happening? Could it be that I stacked 2 auto RCM one on top of each other or is that not even possible?

5. kira1000

kira1000 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2010
    Australia
    thanks for your help, unfortunately it turns out my switch is on 6.2.0, so I can't mod it :'(

6. ciareriam

ciareriam Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2018
    Netherlands Antilles
    I got the SX Pro a while back and I’ve been on 5.1 and haven’t kept up with the scene. Now that emunand is out, I want to switch to that. I backed up my nand and have no internet connections saved (although airplane mode is off) so I should not be banned. How should I go about this about switching to emunand and updating to 6.2?

7. daijobu

daijobu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2018
    Canada
    So recently I read about this debate between exFAT vs FAT32 formatted micro SD card. I've been using SX OS exclusively to play a few backups and using checkpoint. I've never used any other homebrew apps and probably won't. So is using exFAT under this circumstance still runs the danger of corrupting the SD card? Which one is recommended for my situation?
    Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Last edited by daijobu, Dec 24, 2018
  8. Andaman

Andaman Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2018
    Nicaragua
    And, still happy with my decision. Fuses burned. Nothing happened in the scene in the meantime and I'm playing Mega Man 11. Merry Christmas y'all.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also playing BOTW DLC2 :D.

9. nswuser007

nswuser007 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    I have sx pro I Bought a second Nintendo switch and I want to know what the easiest way to getting SX installed on my second switch would be, unless the easiest option is simply buying a whole Nother SX pro with license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. stefanbk

stefanbk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    hey, I have some problems. I am on 2.3 and tried reinx and atmosphere(kosmos). reins won't even boot and with atmosphere I can boot but get a blackscreen when I try to start homebrew(album).
    Can someone help me?

11. Clothahump

Clothahump GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2015
    I'm new to the Switch, just recently got myself one and I'm patiently waiting for hax now (it's patched).
    Anyway, hexkyz (on twitter) is supposedly dropping a userland exploit soon. What are the implications of this?
    I'm guessing homebrew similar to ninjhax on the 3DS? Emulators, savegame backup/restore functionality (Checkpoint)?
    Someone on reddit claims that savegame backup tools require kernel to function, is that true? Would be really weird seeing how games don't run under kernel either.

Thanks in advance!

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    What CFW are you using?
    If the NAND you backed up is clean and made before hacking, you should restore it before you make the EmuNAND partition. If there is any save data if you want to keep, you should back it up now so you can inject it into the EmuNAND partition later. Then just install the EmuNAND to wherever you want. There is no "best" EmuNAND solution as all 3 have their own pros and cons.

exFAT can and will corrupt, this is not up for debate. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it will. Now that doesn't mean corruption is the end of the world as a simple format will fix that. But if you have a lot of stuff on your SD card, then its not going to be so simple. Personally FAT32 is objectively better and since you have to patch exFAT onto every firmware you install, exFAT can be quite an inconvenience.

There's really no reason to buy more than one SX Pro because although the license is embedded into the dongle, it can still send the payload for any console running SX OS. Your best bet is to simply buy a license for the second console. Also you don't "install" SX OS :P
    Is your SD card formatted to exFAT?
    There is no ETA on when those will become available nor what is and isn't possible with the unreleased exploit. You're honestly better off either returning that console for an unpatched unit or buying a second one that is unpatched, preferably used.

daijobu and stefanbk like this.
  13. stefanbk

stefanbk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    It's fat32

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Where did you download Atmosphere from?

stefanbk likes this.
  15. stefanbk

stefanbk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
  16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    stefanbk likes this.
  17. stefanbk

stefanbk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    200 gb san disk ultra ( no fake card) and I formated it with guiformat

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Cluster size?

stefanbk likes this.
  19. stefanbk

stefanbk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    Gambia, The

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Lets step back again. When you tried ReiNX, were you using the hbl.nsp or the 100D folder, or both?

stefanbk likes this.