SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. TPMJB

TPMJB GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    Syracuse, New York
    Okay, so after a lot of troubleshooting, I finally got Hekate to boot again. I think what I did was dump kfuse values to my SD card? Anyway, now I cannot load atmosphere because it says "payload file is missing." The fusee-primary file is definitely where it should be so I don't understand what is going wrong.

Also, now when I try to dump TSEC keys it says "unknown package1 version for reading TSEC firmware (= '20181107105733').

I mean I can at least launch hekate and charge, but I can't actually use the console. I think this all started after I tried dumping the keys in lockpick in 6.2 after I had dumped the keys in 4.1 already.

Edit: Also, for some reason I cannot restore my backups.

Edit2: I got to 6.2 using Choidujour.

Last edited by TPMJB, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Trollface1011

Trollface1011 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Is there a way to boot the switch when it has autorcm to OFW Without any thing else to put the switch into something like hekate?

3. Wanap

Wanap Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2018
    Finland
    today I hacked my friend's switch (fw 6.2) and eventually we managed to run atmosphere with fuse gele and it runs fine (album is hb etc.), but:
    1) does reinx work on 6.2? we couldnt get it to work
    2) I get error 2168-0002 when I try to dump keys from kezplez (I dumped the fuses and tsec_keys via hekate, but when I try to run kezplez I get that error)
    3) I can't install any games if I dont have the keys extracted (by using kezplez) am I right?
    4) can I use n1dus if im running atmosphere?

as always thanks in advance :P

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Again, as stated previously, for the time being no but eventually games/updates will require higher firmware so you will have to update at some point if you plan on playing the latest games/updates.
    Nope.
    1. Yes, you have to use the zip file in the ReiSwitched Discord server. None of the nightlies, GitHub releases, nor builds in the guide have 6.2 support
    2. There is now a better homebrew application known as lockpick you can try out
    3. You only need the keys from kezplez/lockpick for converting .XCI files into .NSP format or for installing .XCI files. Raw, unconverted .NSP files don't need keys to be installed
    4. I do not see why not

Wanap likes this.
  5. TPMJB

TPMJB GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    Syracuse, New York
    Alright I fixed my many screw ups by just using TeamRCMGui and booting fusee-primary that way. Not sure why Hekate couldn't boot it though.

6. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

1/ Ok my choices on 4.1 are just update normal and burn fuses

2/ Update and use autorcm

3/ use sysnand 4.1 with sx os 2.3 and emuNAND 6.1
    Or
    4/ Use sysnand 4.1 with sx os 2.4 on emuNAND 6.2 not sure if it work/boot or how to fix it/ update it after that.

Can u help me with them 4 options which would be most patical for me?

7. ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2014
    Cardiff
    Hey people,

Im holding off updating the latest SXOS firmware update beta until they release it proper (next week I think Ive heard), when I do decided to update my SXOS,how do I do so?

Also,I installed the Tinfoil app but upon booting it up I get "Failed to open key file for reading"-how come?

I also have NXToolkit,anyone have any experience with this? What does the "Dump And" option do? Sorry of this seems obvious!

8. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Hey i remember seeing somewhere that there's a patch for the YouTube app to allow it to work with a DNS that blocks Nintendo's servers (like 90DNS). Where do i get this? Patch for atmosphere would be sweet.

Or did i remember wrong and this doesn't exist?

9. OnnRyuu

OnnRyuu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2018
    United States
  10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I am not going to tell you what you are supposed to do because I don't know what you want or what your values are. That is a decision you have to make for yourself.
    You update SX OS by downloading the latest SX OS (boot.dat) and putting that on your SD card to replace the older one you had on it beforehand.

By "Tinfoil", I assume you are referring to DZ (I refuse to call the app Tinfoil when it uses a /dz folder). But aside from manually deleting updates/DLC, you can use the original Tinfoil.

NX Toolkit is not a good homebrew application.
    There is no "patch" for the YouTube app. It is only available as a pre-patched .NSP file. But it cannot be provided here as it would be a copyright violation.

ChokingVictim87 likes this.
  11. Xcakepiggie

Xcakepiggie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United States
    How do i install eshop games for free?

12. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    I wasn't gonna install any NSPs either way. I was looking for an IPS patch.

13. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I was hoping u could help me decide best for my needs.
    autorcm how do I power off from this ? Wat cons with using autorcm?

Is updating sx os version that simple just replace files in sd card no nand back ups or nothing else

Last edited by Zap2000, Dec 16, 2018
  14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Download them in .NSP format and install them with a title manager, such as Tinfoil, using your CFW of choice. You cannot ask where to find eShop games on this forum, even through PM.
    I suppose you would be looking for these then.
    I do not spoonfeed answers or decisions for users. My purpose is to provide information and support for the end user to help make their decision. If you want someone else to spoonfeed you all of your decisions, ask somebody else.

How to turn off a console with AutoRCM enabled can be found and explained here.

And yes, updating SX OS is just as simple as putting new files on your SD card. To be more precise, its replacing the boot.dat file on the root.

15. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    I don't think i need any of those? The description says nothing about YT app patching, and i don't know why i would need fs(??) or es(????) patches either.

But i HAVE found an IPS patch for YouTube after spending some time on Google. Gonna test it real quick.

16. ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2014
    Cardiff
    Thanks man. Can I get that boot file from the SXOS site? I'll delete NXToolkit then.

Yeah,DZ is what Im using. I just wanna use it for updating games.

17. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

I haven’t been finding much info is it really like u said the switch is a mess not like 3ds .
    The admin said on sx os when I asked him was it possible to run sysnand 4.1 on sx 2.4 4.1 and lower are not supported in this beta. It's a known issue and will be resolved in the next release.
    how valuable to have a route back as low as 4.1 how likely will it be useful?

Could I get a good setup on sx os 2.30? Sysnand 4.10

Last edited by Zap2000, Dec 16, 2018
  18. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Yeah, YT seems to work with 90DNS with that IPS. Yay!

I could link said file here (it's 19 whole bytes big) for future reference unless that's not allowed?

19. OnnRyuu

OnnRyuu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2018
    United States
    Guys, I'm having some trouble running any CFW on my switch.
    I just bought a brand new switch (and payed attention to the serial) wich came with OFW 2.2.0 (and still is). I want to run a CFW on my console but so far, no success.
    I've formated my 16gb SD with FAT32 format and used the pre-configured bundles from https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch of both ReiNX and Atmosphere. I've also tried Kosmos v115 but with no success. I've recorded a video of what happens when I launch CFW Atmosphere https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2gvzcs3o829ttc/video-1544993459.mp4?dl=0
    As you can see from the video, I am running a CFW, but when I open the Albums folder, the console crashes.
    Any ideia of what can be causing this? I'm out of options now :S and really need a hand

20. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Why does it say u brick in the efuse tutorial if u run emuNAND and sysnand on different firmwares?