Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to use ChoiDujourNX to update my Switch to the latest OFW to access the eShop and grab Smash Bros. (I'm on some version of 4.x atm with Hekate).

What would be the best way to obtain the latest files that get me on the eShop? (Not asking for actual downloads here, I understand it's illegal).

Are there any tools from pulling from official CDNs? Unsure of the popular "hubspot" for these nowadays.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to use ChoiDujourNX to update my Switch to the latest OFW to access the eShop and grab Smash Bros. (I'm on some version of 4.x atm with Hekate).

What would be the best way to obtain the latest files that get me on the eShop? (Not asking for actual downloads here, I understand it's illegal).

Are there any tools from pulling from official CDNs? Unsure of the popular "hubspot" for these nowadays.
Xbins hosts all Nintendo Switch firmware files on their FTP server. Their website has further instructions on how you can connect to their server.

Reactions: Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Xbins hosts all Nintendo Switch firmware files on their FTP server. Their website has further instructions on how you can connect to their server.
So they do. I found the update file on the FTP server. It fails to actually stay conencted long enough to transfer though. Hmm.

nosca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all - i just bought a new Switch from Best Buy in the USA.

The serial number starts with XAW10065XXXX and when i do the tests I can boot into RCM & the payload test says it is moddable etc.

My firmware by default is 4.1.0 - is this an issue? Can I downgrade the firmware later if I want/need to?

I am also struggling to actually load into Atmosphere or Hekate once I have done all the SD card steps.

Is there a good article/guide that explains that specific step as I am struggling on this currently?

Thanks for any assistance - so much info to read through.

nosca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all - i just bought a new Switch from Best Buy in the USA.

The serial number starts with XAW10065XXXX and when i do the tests I can boot into RCM & the payload test says it is moddable etc.

My firmware by default is 4.1.0 - is this an issue? Can I downgrade the firmware later if I want/need to?

I am also struggling to actually load into Atmosphere or Hekate once I have done all the SD card steps.

Is there a good article/guide that explains that specific step as I am struggling on this currently?

Thanks for any assistance - so much info to read through.

I solved part of my own question - Hekate wasnt put into the bootkit by default off the SD Setup guide - I had to copy & paste a few of the files into the SD root, as well as put the hekate bootfile into the fav dir for Tegra - now i can load Hekate thru there and am currently in back up mode.

JustLow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated my switch to 6.2 on Atmosphere 0.8.2 and now it won't boot. If it makes a difference I had AutoRCM mode on. Anything I can do or am I screwed?

Edit: Fixed it myself.

Last edited by JustLow,

hallo23

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Draxzelex strong again at answering all the questions :)
Very nice :yayswitch: Thanks for your support!

Question regarding emuNand:
I thought one point of emuNand is so you can use a higher fw with it to play games that require to be on higher fw's.
But this FAQ doesn't mention that you could use emuNand to play games that require a higher fw.

So is it not possible to play/install games that require a higher fw on a emuNand?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Draxzelex strong again at answering all the questions :)
Very nice :yayswitch: Thanks for your support!

Question regarding emuNand:
I thought one point of emuNand is so you can use a higher fw with it to play games that require to be on higher fw's.
But this FAQ doesn't mention that you could use emuNand to play games that require a higher fw.

So is it not possible to play/install games that require a higher fw on a emuNand?
It is but the only CFW that supports EmuNAND is SX OS which is paid for so its not largely supported by the community.

Reactions: hallo23

JustLow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question. AutoRCM mode no longer seems to work on 6.2. I checked it using Hekate and it said it was enabled so I tried turning it off and on, but it still wouldn't work. Is there any way to get it back?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question. AutoRCM mode no longer seems to work on 6.2. I checked it using Hekate and it said it was enabled so I tried turning it off and on, but it still wouldn't work. Is there any way to get it back?
Official system updates always remove AutoRCM since boot0 is firmware specific so boot0 always gets updated during official system updates. Just enable AutoRCM the same way you enabled it in the first place.

JustLow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Official system updates always remove AutoRCM since boot0 is firmware specific so boot0 always gets updated during official system updates. Just enable AutoRCM the same way you enabled it in the first place.
I first enabled it with SxOS which I believe doesn't work on 6.2 atm. Is there another way or do I need to wait until they update their cfw?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why only SX OS supports it?
Or is it just still in the works for the other CFW's?
Atmosphere has support for EmuNAND planned in the future. Plus the only way to update EmuNAND is with ChoiDujourNX so regardless if you use SX OS or EmuNAND, you still have to use ChoiDujourNX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas