SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. silverpalm

silverpalm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2012
    the joycons work wirless, i will try docking but going by the serial i think it might be a 50/50 but i did suspect a iffy usb c port

2. darkriku2000

darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    Thanks, I'm reading up on this and a still a little confused sorry (shame this isn't as simple as the psp days). Since ChoiDujourNX is an updater should I just backup my nand while still on 3.0.2, use ChoiDoujourNX to update to 6.2 without burning fuses when I want to play games, use the store or go online then downgrade whenever I want to run homebrew? Or can the SX run the emulators on whatnot while in 6.2?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Alternatively would it be a good idea to just back-up, upgrade to 6.2 with Choi, and hope that a cfw comes out for it soon?

3. Ozisis

Ozisis Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2018
    United States
    I have been playing Zelda BOTW for the last few months and have been wanting to play the DLC. If I install a custom firmware, am I able to download the DLC from somewhere and continue playing the game on my cartridge?

4. samwhite03

samwhite03 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I cant boot and am getting errors saying "package 2 magic invalid" and hekate sticking on "read package2"

5. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    as long as you get the dlc for the same region it should work

what firmware are you on? 6.2?

6. ollidiemaus

ollidiemaus Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2010
    Germany
    Okay so I have done a full nand backup on my untouched 6.1 console.
    If I would upgrade to 6.2 right now would I then be able to downgrade to 6.1 again?
    I assume I would have to boot with Hekate due to the fuse check but it should work right?

7. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Basically if you have done the full nand backup and backed up your biskeys, it should be possible. Might want to ask @Draxzelex about that though.

ollidiemaus likes this.
  8. samwhite03

samwhite03 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I was on 6.0.0 ExFAT

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You cannot update to 6.2 without burning fuses as no bootloader is able to load that firmware out of RCM. You can only boot firmware 6.2 without RCM meaning you have to burn fuses. Regardless, you should back up your NAND as well as boot0/boot1 because the last thing you want is a $300 paperweight.
    You have to restore a rawnand.bin as well as boot0/boot1 of firmware 6.1 to fully downgrade. Then because you have more fuses burnt than the firmware, you can only turn the console on by booting into RCM and using a bootloader that bypasses the fuse check (which all of them do as of their respective latest versions). And once you do manage to boot the console on a firmware lower than the fuse count, you will be unable to put the console into sleep mode as there is a fuse check when the console wakes up that we cannot currently patch out.

darkriku2000 and ollidiemaus like this.
  10. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    Thanks! One more thing! So if i install any NSP file (that i have been adamant not to) it wont be installed on OFW, right? Im asking cause maybe it would be installed on some folder on the SD (Nintendo maybe) so when i go to OFW it would be there too. I know about the new folder for EmuNAND, so using that it should be completely separated?

11. ollidiemaus

ollidiemaus Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2010
    Germany
    Okay thanks I really appreciate your time.
    So after all thats really inconvenient.
    If I got everything correctly there is no really good way to have online play and also the possibility of homebrew.
    But nonetheless a full nand backup will still give me the option to downgrade and maybe the sleep mode fuse check will be fixed some day.

12. Ozisis

Ozisis Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2018
    United States
    Thank you very much.

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If you install any .NSP files on SysNAND, they will show up in both CFW and OFW regardless of where they are installed. Hence why the purpose of EmuNAND is to serve as a sort of dumpster for all manner of CFW, homebrew, etc. Anything performed in there is neither communicated nor shared with SysNAND.

14. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    I have a (probably silly) question about updating without burning fuses.

I have learned that updating to a firmware higher than 5.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX might lead to a ban since "it's not possible to legally update to a higher firmware offline/without burning fuses".

So why is there a lower ban risk updating to 5.1.0? The only legal way updating to 5.1.0 offline should be a cartridge and that would burn fuses, right? What kind of backdoor is ChoiDujourNX using that a cartridge update to 5.1.0 without burning fuses is less dangerous than updating to a FW that is only available online? In both cases fuses are spared that should have been burned.

(Sorry if my question sounds confusing. :unsure:)

15. silverpalm

silverpalm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2012
    the switch will not dock or connect to the tv unless jammed in so i think the port is faulty

16. TsukiRyori

TsukiRyori Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2016
    I already backed up
    Emmc Boot 0/1
    Emmc Sys
    emmc Raw Gpp

Am i good now? or what to do next? iam still not booting to CFW because i want a clean nand to restore at some point.

17. Troll1011

Troll1011 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    how do you bypass the online check for don't starve.

18. Ch0c0bo

Ch0c0bo Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2018
    France
    Hello,
    Is it possible to keep my OFW at 2.1, and have emunand at a higher firmware to play games I can't ? And If i do that, is it possible to get back online with a backup ?

19. Chivas1980

Chivas1980 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2018
    Singapore
    Guys i am confused despite watching youtube, forum. my system is 5.01 , serial xaj7000353.... how to go about hacking?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hi my firmware is 5.01 and system is XAFW7000353..., how to go to hack switch? can u pls help

20. VEOS

VEOS Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2018
    Denmark
    Is there a more clearly and better option to install NSPs than with tinfoil?

Kind regards