Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Rubdus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello.
For the past 3 days I have been hacking my unpatched switch by following the rentry guide, using the latest hetake, atmosphere and sigpatches(using the sigpatches from that thread in this site, substituting the files of the one offered in rentry).
However, now that I have installed my first .nsp title with DBI, the game loads a black screen, in which it shows the volume changing with the buttons, as well as the menu when you hold the home button, but doesn’t respond when I select sleep mode.
Also when I try to select anything like restart or power off with the power button it ignores the command, only turning off when I hold the power button for a few seconds.
First I thought the problem was DBI, so I tried installing Tinfoil, yet when I opened the installer on the homebrew page, the same black screen problem occurred. The app seemed to be installed when I opened atmosphere afterwards, and yet, again, the same black screen problem occurred.
I had tried this all on FW 9.0, so I updated to 15.0.1 to see if it worked but there was no progress.
I read it on Reddit that this could be caused by homebrews such as tesla, and I remember installing that on the microSD, so I tried to delete the folders the zips added but couldn’t find “contents” on the atmosphere folder, so again there was no change.
I found it weird that the DBI homebrew opened fine while the Tinfoil one didn’t, but I hope someone can identify the black screen problem of mine.
Thank you.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
For the past 3 days I have been hacking my unpatched switch by following the rentry guide, using the latest hetake, atmosphere and sigpatches(using the sigpatches from that thread in this site, substituting the files of the one offered in rentry).
However, now that I have installed my first .nsp title with DBI, the game loads a black screen, in which it shows the volume changing with the buttons, as well as the menu when you hold the home button, but doesn’t respond when I select sleep mode.
Also when I try to select anything like restart or power off with the power button it ignores the command, only turning off when I hold the power button for a few seconds.
First I thought the problem was DBI, so I tried installing Tinfoil, yet when I opened the installer on the homebrew page, the same black screen problem occurred. The app seemed to be installed when I opened atmosphere afterwards, and yet, again, the same black screen problem occurred.
I had tried this all on FW 9.0, so I updated to 15.0.1 to see if it worked but there was no progress.
I read it on Reddit that this could be caused by homebrews such as tesla, and I remember installing that on the microSD, so I tried to delete the folders the zips added but couldn’t find “contents” on the atmosphere folder, so again there was no change.
I found it weird that the DBI homebrew opened fine while the Tinfoil one didn’t, but I hope someone can identify the black screen problem of mine.
Thank you.
So your switch boots just fine, correct?

You got your Sigpatches from here, yes?

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

Please share your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini

did you run through these checks?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello.
Thank you.
also you could try to get a new copy of the nsp you are trying to install, another source, or dump it again. then install the new file.

Last edited by impeeza,
  • Love
Reactions: binkinator

Rubdus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So your switch boots just fine, correct?

You got your Sigpatches from here, yes?

Please share your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini

did you run through these checks?

Link
Yeah my switch boots up perfectly, I got the sigpatches from that link you sent and I won’t need any more help since I figured it out, thanks!
also you could try to get a new copy of the nsp you are trying to install, another source, or dump it again. then install the new file.
After I posted I realized that it wasn’t just pirated games that didn’t work, but other applications and legitimate games as well, so I tried sysMMC to compare and tinfoil worked there. I had a stroke of luck finding someone on Reddit with a problem that seemed like the one I had(but in the end wasn’t, so I was really lucky it worked), and the guy in the comment that helped the OP said he just made a partition of emuMMC using hetake and it worked afterwards!
Basically I made a mistake by misreading but was so lucky that not only nothing bad happened, it even solved my initial problem haha

dygeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello, I would like to know if the diagram is correct.. for my switch lite, and why do I have 3.31v everywhere?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230214_125813_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230214_125813_Chrome.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230217_173303.jpg
    20230217_173303.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 19
  • ae_1676652395315.jpg
    ae_1676652395315.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by dygeo,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This may seem like a stupid question (it probably is) but how do I check how many hours I spent on any particular game? I checked in the system settings, and I couldn't locate the feature. It was working on the 3DS, so I assumed it was still present on the Switch. Or is that done through homebrew now?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may seem like a stupid question (it probably is) but how do I check how many hours I spent on any particular game? I checked in the system settings, and I couldn't locate the feature. It was working on the 3DS, so I assumed it was still present on the Switch. Or is that done through homebrew now?

Play time is hidden under your individual profile:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-view-total-hours-played-on-nintendo-switch,news-26287.html

NX Activity Log is a homebrew that has it (“slightly”) better formatted:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-activity-log-view-slightly-more-detailed-play-statistics.549370/

…and of course my favorite…see @phalk ’s site linked in my profile. ;-)

Reactions: Dust2dust

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you also can use NX-Activity-Log https://github.com/tallbl0nde/NX-Activity-Log to read internal logs and to upload that info to Phalk.net with the mod version https://github.com/Phalk/NX-Activity-Log-NPE/releases.

as far I know on the info of each game (+ menu) you can see the activity time of the game, but no a global one on standard HOS. nop, it's another homebrew, by now NX-Activity-Log is your pal.

Last edited by impeeza,

engagelover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hello guys, I am entirely new here. Dont really know much about hacking because I bought it from someone but Im slowly trying to learn. My issue now is I installed a game (Fire Emblem Engage for example), using DBI. It works perfectly, and I proceed to install updates, works as well. But somehome I cant install the DLC properly, it comes out error in DBI (No ES sigpatches). Anyone know what is the issue? Every other game works flawlessly, somehow no DLC ever worked, I even tried installing Atelier Ryza dlc which is quite an old game, and it still failed with the same error.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I am entirely new here. Dont really know much about hacking because I bought it from someone but Im slowly trying to learn. My issue now is I installed a game (Fire Emblem Engage for example), using DBI. It works perfectly, and I proceed to install updates, works as well. But somehome I cant install the DLC properly, it comes out error in DBI (No ES sigpatches). Anyone know what is the issue? Every other game works flawlessly, somehow no DLC ever worked, I even tried installing Atelier Ryza dlc which is quite an old game, and it still failed with the same error.
Most likely Sigpatches

• Haha

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
as binki told is mostly you are missing a sigpatch, download the latest sigpatches from https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ and try again.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Play time is hidden under your individual profile:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-view-total-hours-played-on-nintendo-switch,news-26287.html

NX Activity Log is a homebrew that has it (“slightly”) better formatted:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-activity-log-view-slightly-more-detailed-play-statistics.549370/

…and of course my favorite…see @phalk ’s site linked in my profile. ;-)

you also can use NX-Activity-Log https://github.com/tallbl0nde/NX-Activity-Log to read internal logs and to upload that info to Phalk.net with the mod version https://github.com/Phalk/NX-Activity-Log-NPE/releases.
Thank you, both @binkinator and @impeeza , just what I needed. I also found out that DBI also gives information about total time played and amount of launches.

engagelover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Most likely Sigpatches

— get your Sigpatches here!

Thank you kind sir.

as binki told is mostly you are missing a sigpatch, download the latest sigpatches from and try again.

Thank you for the link, is there any link for guide to update sigpatches? Sorry for the noob question. I have googled but couldn't find a really good one.

WiseDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You install them simply by downloading sigpatches then, you'll see a folder named atmosphere, simply drop the contents of this folder onto the atmosphere folder on your sd card. Tada! now you can play games.
Edit: you might need to overwrite some files while installing the sigpatches. That is normal and you should do so.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you kind sir.

Thank you for the link, is there any link for guide to update sigpatches? Sorry for the noob question. I have googled but couldn't find a really good one.
no worry, on the OP of the thread about sigpatches is the installation guide, is only to download extract to the root of your SD and decide if you reeplace HEKATE_ipl.ini file or keeps yours. the others files must be overwritten.

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have some questions.
Ok, I bought a Switch Oled when it came out and transfered my user from old switch to it. My old switch can be modded and I have the requisites to do it but I haven't done it yet. Ok, the issue is that I want to edit agent's 3 appearance in Splatoon Octo Expansion and import the platinum style event in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond using the switch gift data manager both which require backups of the saves file and in order to do backups I need to have a modded switch. However to hack the Oled model is very difficult and expensive so I was wondering if it is possible to temporarily tranfer my user to the modded switch make the save edits I want to do and then transfer again to my oled switch.

My user is linked to a MyNintendo account and I don't understand the sysnand and emunand thing.

So, I want to know if it possible or what are the steps.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have some questions.
Ok, I bought a Switch Oled when it came out and transfered my user from old switch to it. My old switch can be modded and I have the requisites to do it but I haven't done it yet. Ok, the issue is that I want to edit agent's 3 appearance in Splatoon Octo Expansion and import the platinum style event in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond using the switch gift data manager both which require backups of the saves file and in order to do backups I need to have a modded switch. However to hack the Oled model is very difficult and expensive so I was wondering if it is possible to temporarily tranfer my user to the modded switch make the save edits I want to do and then transfer again to my oled switch.

My user is linked to a MyNintendo account and I don't understand the sysnand and emunand thing.

So, I want to know if it possible or what are the steps.
At a high level, yes, it’s possible but Online games are carefully monitored and piracy and cheating are the number one ways to get banned.

You will definitely need to get more familiar with the terms and understand if the changes you want to make will be considered cheating and evoke the ire of Ninty’s Ninjas (getting banned).

Start by reading through this guide to understand how to hack your old Switch, what will get you banned, and how to avoid it.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

• Love

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At a high level, yes, it’s possible but Online games are carefully monitored and piracy and cheating are the number one ways to get banned.

You will definitely need to get more familiar with the terms and understand if the changes you want to make will be considered cheating and evoke the ire of Ninty’s Ninjas (getting banned).

Start by reading through this guide to understand how to hack your old Switch, what will get you banned, and how to avoid it.

Oh, I see, thanks for the reply. I don't intend on anything regarding pirate content nor online cheating. I only want to edit the appearance and import the event in Pokémon because it was only available until 2022.
So, I have to make the backup and restore it in sysnand or emunand for transferring the account to the oled model again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: That's truly a 9D64B8_14A2C6A294CA2_000.ppm moment (please help i am addicted to TJAaRP)