Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm getting Unknown pkg1 error after upgrading my sd card to a bigger one.
I copied my 256gb SD card contents to my 512 one. Did archive bit cuz it was on a mac, and I got this
Did I do something wrong?

Looks like I did I got a Partition based not filed based.
oh wow man this sucks I gotta delete shit off my macbook now.
what guide did you use?

Here’s three different ways to do it:
https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard

E: You will need to copy you emunand partition over.

Casual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what guide did you use?

Here’s three different ways to do it:
https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard

E: You will need to copy you emunand over.
I used that Rentry one took some time but I'm at the same issues as this guy here #18
However unlike him I have a RAW2 where all my files are(its the biggest folder on the drive. So I should just configure my new emummc configuration file that looks like this
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
path=emuMMC/ER00
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=Emutendo

To look like my old one right?
Old one
[emummc]
enabled=2
sector=0x1c490000
path=emuMMC/RAW2
id=0x32574152
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW2/Nintendo

Edit I keep on trying and it still doesn't show up just shows as my switch when I first got it back modded.

Last edited by Casual,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used that Rentry one took some time but I'm at the same issues as this guy here #18
However unlike him I have a RAW2 where all my files are(its the biggest folder on the drive. So I should just configure my new emummc configuration file that looks like this
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
path=emuMMC/ER00
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=Emutendo

To look like my old one right?
Old one
[emummc]
enabled=2
sector=0x1c490000
path=emuMMC/RAW2
id=0x32574152
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW2/Nintendo

Edit I keep on trying and it still doesn't show up just shows as my switch when I first got it back modded.
Is you sector in the right place?

Take a look at you emunand with Hekate and it will show you where it thinks everything is.

Reactions: Casual

Casual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is you sector in the right place?

Take a look at you emunand with Hekate and it will show you where it thinks everything is.
Not sure will have to check but after because I tried to just copy paste the old ini config into the new ini and that didn’t work. Tried to put the raw 2 contents into the er00 folder as well and tried to take it back and some files were deleted(like a lot from 189gb to 9gb) -_- so now I’m redoing the whole process of copying my sd contents again for a redo(I had backed up the original er00 folder as well) so I’m at at the end of the rentry guide for nxnandmanager
Going to take about another 2 hours for the transfer -_-

• Wow
Reactions: binkinator

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Am not sure where to ask, but when I play MH Rise and open Zing (Breeze overlay) and enter the cheats menu. It freezes... What can I do (only MH Rise causes it)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure will have to check but after because I tried to just copy paste the old ini config into the new ini and that didn’t work. Tried to put the raw 2 contents into the er00 folder as well and tried to take it back and some files were deleted(like a lot from 189gb to 9gb) -_- so now I’m redoing the whole process of copying my sd contents again for a redo(I had backed up the original er00 folder as well) so I’m at at the end of the rentry guide for nxnandmanager
Going to take about another 2 hours for the transfer -_-
No worries man. Good job oh the backup though. Whew! Just take it step by step. It will all come together in the end.

Reactions: Casual

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am not sure where to ask, but when I play MH Rise and open Zing (Breeze overlay) and enter the cheats menu. It freezes... What can I do (only MH Rise causes it)
Do you have specific cheats deployed? I can try it later today on mine. I currently have mine apart doing an upgrade.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to buy an rcm jig. Is there any diy solution that won't short circuit my switch so I can homebrew it?
They‘re around $5 on Amazon. Can be at your door on Friday. Any reason you’re averse to picking one up?

Alternatives include:
jamming an aluminum Gum wrapper in the slot (sketchy)
Paper clip (middle of the road safe)
Opening up a Joycon and bridging the pins inside (safe but requires some tools)

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They‘re around $5 on Amazon. Can be at your door on Friday. Any reason you’re averse to picking one up?

Alternatives include:
jamming an aluminum Gum wrapper in the slot (sketchy)
Paper clip (middle of the road safe)
Opening up a Joycon and bridging the pins inside (safe but requires some tools)
Because it would be hard to explain a random amazon box containing an rcm jig to my parents that I bought with a credit card I don't have, but I might just ask for one lol

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it would be hard to explain a random amazon box containing an rcm jig to my parents that I bought with a credit card I don't have.

fair enough. Here’s a Reddit thread with a few more alternatives. after you do it once you can turn on AutoRCM in Hekate and you won’t need a jig again.

Aluminum foil over the end of your joycon is probably the quickest.
Opening the back of your switch and pulling the eMMC (casing a recovery mode boot…aka RCM) is good too but you’d have to buy a ‘Y’ screwdriver on Amazon with that non-existent card of yours.

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fair enough. Here’s a Reddit thread with a few more alternatives. after you do it once you can turn on AutoRCM in Hekate and you won’t need a jig again.

Aluminum foil over the end of your joycon is probably the quickest.
Opening the back of your switch and pulling the eMMC (casing a recovery mode boot…aka RCM) is good too but you’d have to buy a ‘Y’ screwdriver on Amazon with that non-existent card of yours.

I do have a Y screwdriver from a joycon repair I have, but I am feeling pretty lazy rn. I got aluminum foil on hand, so wish me luck

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by binkinator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg