Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able to launch them yesurday with the sx os with your help just no emmunand and tinfoil install on sysnand

ok should i follow the https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy or wat guide to get me that far?
You don't need a guide at this point, you need a hekate_ipl.ini file with an emuMMC launch profile. Following that guide didn't get you one which is why I'm recommending you to download one from SDSetup.com instead.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need a guide at this point, you need a hekate_ipl.ini file with an emuMMC launch profile. Following that guide didn't get you one which is why I'm recommending you to download one from SDSetup.com instead.

Is it in the right place?

Attachments

• 2F99B12A-99F4-4413-8BFE-F450BDB66167.jpeg
    2F99B12A-99F4-4413-8BFE-F450BDB66167.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • DCEDCE4A-EFD8-4771-86E8-A64716D13358.jpeg
    DCEDCE4A-EFD8-4771-86E8-A64716D13358.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • 8537A240-BD23-4A91-8799-5FBCC8232AFE.jpeg
    8537A240-BD23-4A91-8799-5FBCC8232AFE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • 558FFA14-A350-4500-BBBA-FCC94F057681.jpeg
    558FFA14-A350-4500-BBBA-FCC94F057681.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, if you have setup emuMMC, it should launch when you select it in Hekate.

ok great thats in bootloader folder. i just want to check i went back to
rentry.org guide because i couldnt see this part in that

Create the file exosphere.ini in the root of your SD card and
Afterwards create a file named default.txt in /atmosphere/hosts/

this files are they both Configuration setting type file and edit with notebook? or is one a different file type?
also i ended up with hekate_ctcaer_5.7.0.bin in the root of my card is that correct or where should it go?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok great thats in bootloader folder. i just want to check i went back to
rentry.org guide because i couldnt see this part in that

Create the file exosphere.ini in the root of your SD card and
Afterwards create a file named default.txt in /atmosphere/hosts/

this files are they both Configuration setting type file and edit with notebook? or is one a different file type?
also i ended up with hekate_ctcaer_5.7.0.bin in the root of my card is that correct or where should it go?

You don't need exosphere. Just don't have any Wi-Fi settings and you basically achieve the same effect. That .bin file is going to be the primary payload you send if you're not using your SX Dongle. If you want to use your dongle, you'll have to convert that .bin file into boot.dat which you can do so here.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need exosphere. Just don't have any Wi-Fi settings and you basically achieve the same effect. That .bin file is going to be the primary payload you send if you're not using your SX Dongle. If you want to use your dongle, you'll have to convert that .bin file into boot.dat which you can do so here.
i want to conect to interent so i need to make these file types ??

i just going to use tegrrarmcgui on pc to with cable to send payload so will i delete that bin file or send it somewhere else?

thx for your help so far

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to conect to interent so i need to make these file types ??

i just going to use tegrrarmcgui on pc to with cable to send payload so will i delete that bin file or send it somewhere else?

thx for your help so far
Then if you want to use Internet, I recommend setting up 90DNS instead. Its just as reliable and easier to manage.

And if you're going to use TegraRCMGUI, then you need to hold onto that .bin file because that is what you are going to send with TegraRCMGUI.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then if you want to use Internet, I recommend setting up 90DNS instead. Its just as reliable and easier to manage.

And if you're going to use TegraRCMGUI, then you need to hold onto that .bin file because that is what you are going to send with TegraRCMGUI.

ok just on the pc side take off sd card?

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also reboot back to payload was in this
Is that ok or should I remove it wat does that do?

Attachments

• 18AB870A-33EA-4A4B-AE6D-DAB7580A43C2.jpeg
    18AB870A-33EA-4A4B-AE6D-DAB7580A43C2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok just on the pc side take off sd card?
You don't need to take out the SD card to inject payloads from your PC.
Also reboot back to payload was in this
Is that ok or should I remove it wat does that do?
Atmosphere has a function that replaces the Restart feature from the Power menu with reboot to payload. What this means is that when you use the Restart feature, it will reboot the console back into RCM with that payload. It also uses reboot to payload if your console ever suffers a fatal error while in CFW. For those reasons, I would not remove it.
What is the easiest way (or even possible way) to go from SX (lite chip) to Atmosphere? Thanks!
You can just follow this guide since a Lite is basically a Mariko unit.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need to take out the SD card to inject payloads from your PC.

Atmosphere has a function that replaces the Restart feature from the Power menu with reboot to payload. What this means is that when you use the Restart feature, it will reboot the console back into RCM with that payload. It also uses reboot to payload if your console ever suffers a fatal error while in CFW. For those reasons, I would not remove it.

You can just follow this guide since a Lite is basically a Mariko unit.
yes i know im asking what i do with hekate_ctcaer_5.7.0.bin in the root of my sd card leave it there or move it somewhere else??

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i know im asking what i do with hekate_ctcaer_5.7.0.bin in the root of my sd card leave it there or move it somewhere else??
Since you'll be using it in conjunction with TegraRCMGUI, I'd move it to your computer so I guess the answer to your original question is yes, you'll take out your SD card and put it into your computer. Make sure you don't remove the SD card while the console is powered on.

mogs565

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My Switch is banned. so i don't need an emunand now, is there a way to move everything from the emunand to the sysnand or do i need to start all over again?

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since you'll be using it in conjunction with TegraRCMGUI, I'd move it to your computer so I guess the answer to your original question is yes, you'll take out your SD card and put it into your computer. Make sure you don't remove the SD card while the console is powered on.

Ok I made my emunand but bad news it won’t start it’s enabled but I’m getting this is it broke?

Attachments

• DDBBEC42-2062-4BAB-8B5E-AF41F8EA2E97.jpeg
    DDBBEC42-2062-4BAB-8B5E-AF41F8EA2E97.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should be fine. Might to pick up a microscope if you don’t have one. Mother than some wires and a trinket, here’s everything you need:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/trinket...software-new-fusee_suite-uf2-packages.553998/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...ybitsy-m0-express-guide-files-support.508068/
i have a USB microscope and loads of 30,28,26 and 24awg silicone cable, i have loads of much bigger gauge too but you dont use 22 to 8 gauge wire in a switch ha ha.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a USB microscope and loads of 30,28,26 and 24awg silicone cable, i have loads of much bigger gauge too but you dont use 22 to 8 gauge wire in a switch ha ha.

Yeah, you sound like you’re all set with supplies, tools and skills. I had a lot of fun with the project and really enjoy my Trinket! Good luck with your install.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m talking about the reentry docs here: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

It’s how I have my currently running switch set up at the moment as well.

If you don’t specify it defaults to emunand.

Give it a try and you’ll see.
No, I will not, as I have ZERO problems, and the guide SUCKS. These stupid sdfiles packs and "guides" always skip things according to the author's preference, and keeps noobs... noobs. You guys easily make mistakes (like installing tinfoil on sysnand... which could lead to a banned switch and/or account) because you do not have entries that explicitly remind you that it's CFW sysnand, CFW emunand, or whatever. Did you know that the "stock" option with fusee still isn't 100% stock? Sure, you can probably get away with using that and going online (as long as you don't have any .nsp files installed on sysnand), but to be ABSOLUTELY 100% safe, you use the reboot option in nyx.

The fact is, you should all be reading the documents of each individual thing, starting with Atmosphere, using the example .ini files, as they explain all of the entries. Next, follow the readme for Hekate. All of it's options are listed on the very first page on github. These "guides" are for lazy people and you are never going to understand how it all works. The autonogc=1 entry alone causes so many repeat issues being posted to github, that it's maddening. And if you don't bother with a stratosphere.ini, you're not even using that option (which is not called autonogc) when running vanilla Atmosphere.

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi