binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok after my bad day yesterday and installing tinfoil on my sysnand and CFW
I find a new big problem with tinfoil not installing to my emunand if anyone has any idea I I’m lost
I got some support in thread below but I’m still lost

https://gbatemp.net/threads/problems-install-tinfoil-self-installer.609052/page-2#post-9771736

You will need to get at least one title installed before you can do a title override. You can install Tinwoo in your /switch directory. When you run Tinwoo in applet mode it will complain with a warning but I’m going to test installing a small .nsp and see if it works to get the first title going. After the first title is installed you can install tinfoil and then have the best of both installer worlds. Might want to look at DBI if you want the best of all three worlds. They each have their strengths…

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You will need to get at least one title installed before you can do a title override. You can install Tinwoo in your /switch directory. When you run Tinwoo in applet mode it will complain with a warning but I’m going to test installing a small .nsp and see if it works to get the first title going. After the first title is installed you can install tinfoil and then have the best of both installer worlds. Might want to look at DBI if you want the best of all three worlds. They each have their strengths…

I hoping someone can find a way for me to get this going.
I was worried that it was my sd card going corrupted hopefully it’s just need full tittle control.
Let me know if tinwoo works?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hoping someone can find a way for me to get this going.
I was worried that it was my sd card going corrupted hopefully it’s just need full tittle control.
Let me know if tinwoo works?

I pulled a few sizes down To test. In the mean time go ahead and put Tinwoo in place. It’s a great installer and it doesn’t hurt to have more than one way to do something.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any thing special you need to do in order to get ReverseNX working?

• I've set the games I want to handled mode
  • I've installed SaltyNX and it's tool
  • I've checked the games are supported
  • I've installed cyc.clk ofc
do I need to press anything? do anything? I just start the game reguallary but nothing happens, It keep being in docked mode 1080p

You don’t need to press anything.

Do you have anything to tell what sys-modules are running?

Hekate-Toolbox can help confirm SaltyNX is running (and turn modules on/off as needed.)

You also might consider ReverseNX-RT which allows you to switch modes in (R)eal (T)ime! It requires Tesla Menu and Overlay but you’ll want to set that up eventually if you don’t have it already. Links to both are at the bottom of the page…

image.jpg

• Love
Reactions: DeVie

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I pulled a few sizes down To test. In the mean time go ahead and put Tinwoo in place. It’s a great installer and it doesn’t hurt to have more than one way to do something.

Yeah I just want anyway or installer that let me install 1 game anything but if it dosnt it’s just waste of time to me if I can’t install game my switch not much use

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just want anyway or installer that let me install 1 game anything but if it dosnt it’s just waste of time to me if I can’t install game my switch not much use
Did you get Tinwoo running? You could test a small file too. Tinwoo can install XCI files. I believe you have some XCIs handy…

DeVie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
You don’t need to press anything.

Do you have anything to tell what sys-modules are running?

an help confirm SaltyNX is running (and turn modules on/off as needed.)

You also might conswhich allows you to switch modes in (R)eal (T)ime! It requires Tesla Menu and Overlay but you’ll want to set that up eventually if you don’t have it already. Links to both are at the bottom of the page…

View attachment 301395

First thing - THANK YOU! that did the trick :) ! much much much appreciated!

now, I'm trying to change Monster hunter generations ultimate to handheld mode and I know it is 32bits so It won't change via this menu, Masagrator posed an IPS I believe I put it in place, anything else I should do besides?

I can't post links, it's on the 2nd page of the generations ultimate 60FPS thread.

Reactions: binkinator

vendettared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently switched from sxos to atmosphere and its difficult to install NSP/XCIs thru nuts (both at their latest release, NUT 3.3/Tinfoil 13.0).

When I access the usbfs as advised, tinfoil just displays an empty space without fail, it cannot see any folders. I checked the nuts github and apparently its still an issue that hasnt been addressed so far, any workarounds? (I managed to install some NSPs/XCI thru the "NEW Software/New Updates/XCI" function but other NSP/XCI didnt appear at all so I had to manually transfer the games and install in the switch directly instead)

What is the most efficient way to install NSPs/XCI in atmosphere (I really prefer tinfoil because of how friendly the interface is)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m going to try tomorrow so tired today if anyone thinks of better ways too do it in mean time
I was able to confirm that while Tinwoo will install a corrupted game in Applet mode at 400M (game won’t start) a 100M game like Othello (smallest game in the Switch Library, I believe) works just fine.

So yeah…final answer…

Use Tinwoo in Applet mode to install a 100M game (Othello) for your first game.

Once this is done you will be able to hold down “R” throughout the start of your game to do a Title Override.

This will get you into HB Menu with full memory available which will allow you to install Tinfoil.nro

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing - THANK YOU! that did the trick :) ! much much much appreciated!

now, I'm trying to change Monster hunter generations ultimate to handheld mode and I know it is 32bits so It won't change via this menu, Masagrator posed an IPS I believe I put it in place, anything else I should do besides?

I can't post links, it's on the 2nd page of the generations ultimate 60FPS thread.

Sweet!

I would follow up with Masagrator in one of his threads as that’s a very specific request (and I don’t know the answer and not sure I like MHG enough to find out!)

Reactions: DeVie

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently switched from sxos to atmosphere and its difficult to install NSP/XCIs thru nuts (both at their latest release, NUT 3.3/Tinfoil 13.0).

When I access the usbfs as advised, tinfoil just displays an empty space without fail, it cannot see any folders. I checked the nuts github and apparently its still an issue that hasnt been addressed so far, any workarounds? (I managed to install some NSPs/XCI thru the "NEW Software/New Updates/XCI" function but other NSP/XCI didnt appear at all so I had to manually transfer the games and install in the switch directly instead)

What is the most efficient way to install NSPs/XCI in atmosphere (I really prefer tinfoil because of how friendly the interface is)

I don’t know of any workarounds…maybe others do?

I use one of these 4 depending upon the situation.
Tinfoil
Tinwoo
DBI
Goldleaf

See if DBI (MTP) works any better for your situation…I really like it for direct USB pushes from PC to Switch. Tinfoil is more of a pull model (it can do MTP pushes too but the docs are pretty thin)

https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/blob/main/README_ENG.md#run-mtp-responder

https://blawar.github.io/tinfoil/mtp/

Reactions: vendettared

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After Jailbreaking my Switch last week, I've had it in the Docking Station and kept it in Sleep Mode whenever I'm not using it. Every so often though, I'm encountering this repetitive error message in the screenshot below.

Switch Error Issue.jpg

Has anyone seen this error message before? How can I resolve this issue to stop it reoccurring? Thankfully, all I need to do to resolve the issue is by simply pressing the VOL button to reboot into the payload. It's still a pain though and something I'd like a permanent fix for.

Any help would be much appreciate. Yes I'm looking at you @binkinator! :P

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After Jailbreaking my Switch last week, I've had it in the Docking Station and kept it in Sleep Mode whenever I'm not using it. Every so often though, I'm encountering this repetitive error message in the screenshot below.

View attachment 301420

Has anyone seen this error message before? How can I resolve this issue to stop it reoccurring? Thankfully, all I need to do to resolve the issue is by simply pressing the VOL button to reboot into the payload. It's still a pain though and something I'd like a permanent fix for.

Any help would be much appreciate. Yes I'm looking at you @binkinator! :P
That error code indicates corrupt save data. Did you modify any save data recently?

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That error code indicates corrupt save data. Did you modify any save data recently?
Now that you mention it, I tried to install Doom. As part of the Doom Installer, it has an Offline Fix folder. Within the Offline Fix Folder, it has a notepad file with the following message:

It seems Bethesda had the smart idea to make a 1993 game online only.
Luckily for you, here is a modified savegame that skips the Bestheda
mandatory authentification.

Extract and import 'PlayerData' into your current savegame with your
favorite savegame tool (Checkpoint or Devmenu can do it).

This game does need to have your NSW account linked to Nintendo
(like some other games). You can skip that by either editing
control.nacp yourself or use that homebrew to add a default
linked account to your NSW.

Using Checkpoint, I copied over the 'PlayerData' file from the Doom folder onto my Switch SD in the hope this game would work. After following the instructions, I never once attempted to check Doom though to see if it worked.

Do you reckon this could be the issue? How can I resolve this issue? Currently, I have zero saves since I only recently Jailbroken my Switch. If to resolve this issue, I have to uninstall Doom and delete all my saves, I have no problem at all doing so. Trying to resolve this issue means more to me than any game saves, especially since I haven't played and/or saved that many games as of yet.

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that you mention it, I tried to install Doom. As part of the Doom Installer, it has an Offline Fix folder. Within the Offline Fix Folder, it has a notepad file with the following message:

Using Checkpoint, I copied over the 'PlayerData' file from the Doom folder onto my Switch SD in the hope this game would work. After following the instructions, I never once attempted to check Doom though to see if it worked.

Do you reckon this could be the issue? How can I resolve this issue? Currently, I have zero saves since I only recently Jailbroken my Switch. If to resolve this issue, I have to uninstall Doom and delete all my saves, I have no problem at all doing so. Trying to resolve this issue means more to me than any game saves, especially since I haven't played and/or saved that many games as of yet.

Thanks and I look forward to your response.
This seems most likely tied to your issue and removing the Doom saves would also resolve it.

Reactions: binkinator

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This seems most likely tied to your issue and removing the Doom saves would also resolve it.

In this situation, am I best deleting the Checkpoint folder all together, or deleting the PlayerData file?

Would it be best to uninstall Checkpoint app? Or delete the Checkpoint folder? Or delete the saves folder within the Checkpoint folder?

Thanks and I look forward to your response as always.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this situation, am I best deleting the Checkpoint folder all together, or deleting the PlayerData file?

Would it be best to uninstall Checkpoint app? Or delete the Checkpoint folder? Or delete the saves folder within the Checkpoint folder?

Thanks and I look forward to your response as always.
The save data has already been imported from the folder so deleting it won't do anything. You can either delete the save data yourself using the console's built in features or use Checkpoint do so.
Is there a way to boot EMUNAND that will enable flight mode on upon boot?
Well no but why not just delete the Wi-Fi settings altogether if you don't want to go online?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr