Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

zenjiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been reading and trying to find an answer to the issue I'm having but haven't been able to fix it. I have a switch with firmware of 4.1 I don't want to update it to 5.1 unless I have to, I'm trying to use a Sandisk Ultra 256GB micro SDXC but with no luck. I know i can just format it to FAT32 on my computer and the switch should be able to use it but I have had no luck. I am using a MAC through the Disk Utility program, could that be the problem? Is there a MAC program i should use instead?

Or should I just update the firmware to 5.1? Thanks in advance.

Most-Wanted

3D OLED TV'S /o/
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking to buy a switch, Can the Switch be hacked for free games yet like the 3DS ? i've got every game on 3ds now but also want a switch

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Open up an issue on the GitHub page and he will most likely implement it. There is nothing bad that can come out of implementing this.
I've been holding the vol + button with every reboot since yesterday. One thing I noticed was that if my USB cable was plugged in with TegraRCMSmash waiting, and I shut the switch down from Horizon, with vol + held I noticed it would turn off and 10 seconds later reboot into RCM.

Would this indicate that AutoRCM is on? Or is it normal behavior for turned off devices to boot up in 10 seconds if there's a charger or payload injector at the other end feeding it?

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been reading and trying to find an answer to the issue I'm having but haven't been able to fix it. I have a switch with firmware of 4.1 I don't want to update it to 5.1 unless I have to, I'm trying to use a Sandisk Ultra 256GB micro SDXC but with no luck. I know i can just format it to FAT32 on my computer and the switch should be able to use it but I have had no luck. I am using a MAC through the Disk Utility program, could that be the problem? Is there a MAC program i should use instead?

Or should I just update the firmware to 5.1? Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this will help but you can try this ,the catch is you'll need a windows PC to do it. Connect sd card to windows PC open up and select all its contents. Right click highlighted contents >and to go properties> advanced > and disable folder/file is ready for archiving. This is Assuming you've successfully formatted to FAT32 with a proper 3rd party utility already and still having trouble.

Last edited by ExploitJunkie,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to buy a switch, Can the Switch be hacked for free games yet like the 3DS ? i've got every game on 3ds now but also want a switch
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-reinx-installation-and-use.512342/
I've been holding the vol + button with every reboot since yesterday. One thing I noticed was that if my USB cable was plugged in with TegraRCMSmash waiting, and I shut the switch down from Horizon, with vol + held I noticed it would turn off and 10 seconds later reboot into RCM.

Would this indicate that AutoRCM is on? Or is it normal behavior for turned off devices to boot up in 10 seconds if there's a charger or payload injector at the other end feeding it?
Yes, that is exactly what AutoRCM does so it seems like its still installed. The problem is, it might be tricky to tell if its gone without constantly checking your burnt fuses.

Reactions: Rune

Most-Wanted

3D OLED TV'S /o/
Trophies
XP
Country
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-reinx-installation-and-use.512342/
Yes, that is exactly what AutoRCM does so it seems like its still installed. The problem is, it might be tricky to tell if its gone without constantly checking your burnt fuses.

Well i looked at that and it still seems vague like a Beta or something, Like what stage is Homebrew on the switch up too? is it done? aka can I download games from a freeshop and can i play those games online.
I just havnt been paying attention to switch homebrew updates so i need to know whats going on and if i have to forget about the switch for a few more months again

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i looked at that and it still seems vague like a Beta or something, Like what stage is Homebrew on the switch up too? is it done? aka can I download games from a freeshop and can i play those games online.
I just havnt been paying attention to switch homebrew updates so i need to know whats going on and if i have to forget about the switch for a few more months again
Backups can be played but only in .NSP format for now. .NSPs are the equivalent of .CIAs. Also, there is a Freeshop for the Switch, but unlike the 3DS, you can easily get banned for using it. Actually, now with 11.8, you can get banned for using the Freeshop for titles you don't own. Back to the Switch scene, while you can install .NSPs and then play them online, you carry a greater risk of getting banned. Nintendo is not as nice as they were on the 3DS. So far, we're just missing a way play .XCI games which are the Switch's equivalent of .3DS files which was never achieved outside of flashcarts.

WeiKee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Tried that, still prompts, maybe I done it wrong or it doesn't work for game updates.

I tried an original cart that I've never even used yet (Arms) and that was claiming software update available as well. It's not a system update prompt as it's on the latest 5.1.0, just thinks games have an update for some reason.

I didn't think of this before and I've hardly used my switch, so not sure how it works. But when I went online to get 5.1.0, Mario odyssey was in the recently played games list as it was what I was playing before I got my sx pro. That definitely has an update and the console had never been online before, so previously wouldn't know about it. Is that the problem? Is it just a general flag, the system knows a piece of software (Mario) has an update, so now just harrases me no matter what software I launch to get the system back online to get the update?

I having this prompt too. I notice some game will ask for update. I have two lego games, and both (incredibles 2 & Marvel) will prompt to me to update, initially i thought it was firmware and i already on 5.1.0, i try manually update the firmware it already stated i am on latest firmware. Than I try another game (Crash Trilogy) it didn't ask me to update. My guess is the game that need update, not the switch.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I just reread your original post and I realized where the problem lies: the Switch connected to the Internet. It most likely houses a database of updates that is downloaded once you connect online. The process I gave you should have gotten rid of the update though. You can also try running DevMenu because it has an option to clear game updates.

Right, I tried the exact steps, still prompting to update the game or start it. Went into recovery, hit cancel on the update, powered down still shows this (not my video, but that's the message).

Just to make sure it's not some weird sx os bug, I dropped back into ofw, launched my original mario odyssey, told it download, let it get the update. Stop getting the prompt.

Went back into SX OS, other games still complained, mario still fine. So it definitely knows there are updates, so it must have a database of latest versions. It just refuses to clear for me for some reason. I tried devmenu as well, I didn't see any update data for the games, only reset required version, tried that, got a warning about save data incompatiblity, still done that prompt.

I did get the latest updates in nsp format for xenoblade and kirby and installed via sx os, the prompt for both those two is gone now. I tried an earlier update with kirby and it still complained, only once going with the latest (3.0) did it shut up. So it definitely seems like it there is a database of latest version for software downloaded. I just can't seem to make the prompt shoo without actually getting it, whether that's by connecting to wifi and getting from nintendo or installing an .nsp of the update.

Little annoying it won't go away, pain in the ass to update all the games, just to make it shoo.

Last edited by Armadillo,

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When’s the safest time to swap out my SD card, considering I have updated without burning fuses, have AutoRCM, and my Switch never turns off?
Can I take out the card when it’s in RCM mode with the black screen, waiting for the payload?

I want to upgrade to a bigger card, so I imagine it’s just a case of copying over the contents of the old card to the new one?

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When’s the safest time to swap out my SD card, considering I have updated without burning fuses, have AutoRCM, and my Switch never turns off?
Can I take out the card when it’s in RCM mode with the black screen, waiting for the payload?

I want to upgrade to a bigger card, so I imagine it’s just a case of copying over the contents of the old card to the new one?

if im not mistaken you can fully power down the system by holding the power button for 12 seconds. Then you could swap the SD card out, thats why i do, and i never had issues.

Copying the files on the old SD to the new SD should work yes.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if im not mistaken you can fully power down the system by holding the power button for 12 seconds. Then you could swap the SD card out, thats why i do, and i never had issues.
Thing is, when you have AutoRCM on, the Switch will turn itself on. So I need to know when's the best time while its powered on. Anyone know if you can do the swap while its in RCM and not received the payload?

Reactions: zerohealinzz

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thing is, when you have AutoRCM on, the Switch will turn itself on. So I need to know when's the best time while its powered on. Anyone know if you can do the swap while its in RCM and not received the payload?

Yes, but as far as i know holding the power button down for 12 sec turns it off regardless or autoRCM, but now you doubt me i start to doubt myself too lol, lets wait till someone with more knowledge about this answers here :)

Reactions: Rune

NYAA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
is there a way to use cheats on games?
i want to change the amount of halo in bayonetta 2 so i don't have to grind for platinum ticket

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the devmenu nsp that floats around (the one that actually works) is it a standalone app of its own or does it mimick a existing game, if so, which?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the devmenu nsp that floats around (the one that actually works) is it a standalone app of its own or does it mimick a existing game, if so, which?
There's actually multiple DevMenu .NSP files floating around now, but they should all mimic DevMenu itself and not a game. The icons being used are mostly a joke to games that have not been released yet.

Reactions: zerohealinzz

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's actually multiple DevMenu .NSP files floating around now, but they should all mimic DevMenu itself and not a game. The icons being used are mostly a joke to games that have not been released yet.

Yeah i got the joke part :P haha.

I just thought maybe it mimicked an existing title like quest to make it work, so it would interfere with an existing game i could have, good to know. thanks for the quick reply Drax!

taygomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i installed something like a autorcm on my switch. so the switch doesnt boot into normal mode anymore.
my problem is, that my battery is always low. on the next day, after i completely shut down the switch the
battery is complete empty. it fleels like the switch isnt really shutting down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-