Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

fillilutten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hacked my switch with this guide (https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide) and have successfully installed some new games via tinfoil. But all my games that I have bought via eshop + cartridge before hacking isn't working, I get the "Could not start software" error. Tried to delete a game and the install via tinfoil but got the same error.
Any idea how to solve or start troubleshooting?
Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is in fact a risk, but none say it's relatively safe. How many in fact you (and any other that says the same) know if someone got banned only by using atmos the cleanest way as possible and going online?
The way people spread information here about using CFW and playing online is like you gonna be banned someday, that its trackable and these stuff, but I seen few that uses atmos that go online and nothing...
I mean I do run a banning thread so I kind of do know more than the average user thank you very much.

Reactions: iepuras

fillilutten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess yes.

Just realized that some games that I bought on the eshop is still installed on the NAND and not SD card. These games still works so it's all the pre-hack-installed switch games that are on the SD card that's not working. How can I solve this? Tried removing game and reinstalling to SD card but still same error.

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean I do run a banning thread so I kind of do know more than the average user thank you very much.
Yea I know, and even running a thread like that, you and many others make people believe that just running atmosphere and going online will lead in ban, but I seen few here saying it doesn't, people I know here since Wii U hacking.
Just don't do dirty stuff online. AFAIK from those few I seen, it seems relatively safe to stay on atmosphere and play online, just use the system as a virgin switch, as Nintendo intended it to be used and it won't be detected/banned.
Using atmosphere and going online, but using only to reboot into hekate or to access the hbl seems pretty safe(ish).

Last edited by gutoblauth,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I know, and even running a thread like that, you and many others make people believe that just running atmosphere and going online will lead in ban, but I seen few here saying it doesn't, people I know here since Wii U hacking.
Just don't do dirty stuff online. AFAIK from those few I seen, it seems relatively safe to stay on atmosphere and play online, just use the system as a virgin switch, as Nintendo intended it to be used and it won't be detected/banned.
Using atmosphere and going online, but using only to reboot into hekate or to access the hbl seems pretty safe(ish).
I mean I literally have data that suggests otherwise so...

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean I literally have data that suggests otherwise so...
If the data you meant is your spreadsheet and maybe some random posts, then you better filter it right or maybe search some info besides your bubble.

For real, if you dig right, you can found people that claim using CFW+Homebrew, no piracy related, no NSP, no nothing sketchy while on sysNAND, and they're using atmosphere, they go online since it was first released and yet got no ban. Some of those I seen in this forum and yet they are not in your spreadsheet... How you compute that in your data?
There is a bunch of tutorials and guides in many places that when using atmosphere online suggests only use the system as originally intended like I said before.
Something like this recent post:
I refer to this picure:
Whats-App-Image-2021-03-20-at-15-17-10.jpg

4YyLLtg3

The same way you believe in all those who sent a report to you, I also believe in people that used CFW in a "safe" way.

About your spreadsheet, the Y in the eShop column means they're not banned? If yes, there is a bunch of not-banned who went online with CFW...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the data you meant is your spreadsheet and maybe some random posts, then you better filter it right or maybe search some info besides your bubble.

For real, if you dig right, you can found people that claim using CFW+Homebrew, no piracy related, no NSP, no nothing sketchy while on sysNAND, and they're using atmosphere, they go online since it was first released and yet got no ban. Some of those I seen in this forum and yet they are not in your spreadsheet... How you compute that in your data?
There is a bunch of tutorials and guides in many places that when using atmosphere online suggests only use the system as originally intended like I said before.
Something like this recent post:

The same way you believe in all those who sent a report to you, I also believe in people that used CFW in a "safe" way.

About your spreadsheet, the Y in the eShop column means they're not banned? If yes, there is a bunch of not-banned who went online with CFW...
I find it insulting to call my data a "bubble". In fact, I would go on to argue that everyone else is living in a bubble when they refuse to accept the fact that bans only come from certain activities. Being objective means you have to not have any bias and to accept whatever data is presented to you even if it conflicts with your personal feelings. I bear the same amount of judgement for someone who is actively pirating and cheating with someone who simply goes online with Atmosphere. Viewing it any other way implies you are the one living in a bubble.

When I initially made the spreadsheet, I did indeed scour the forum for as much data as possible but since most people do not follow the proper reporting method, it wasn't easy integrating that data. Nowadays, I only account for people who use my form for data collection because people who simply make such claims may possibly be omitting crucial info which is why I do not tend to include them. I tried to press them for more data however usually it wasn't met with much success so understand that while there may be many people claiming such stuff on the forum, I just ignore such people.

As for your last point, yes a "Y" does indeed indicate that they are not banned and obviously not everyone who went online with CFW is not banned. That much should be obvious no? I mean if everyone got banned then we would know exactly what causes bans but that is not the case. In fact, it is better for Nintendo to not ban everyone such that the reasons for bans remain unknown so more people adopt the false sense of security that they may not get banned and thus wind up getting banned. You also seem to have overlooked that there are plenty of people who have pirated such as via installing .NSP files and are not banned.

Flare-be

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Question here for SX user with hidden emunand partition; the emunand is now detected in hekate but when I try booting up Atmosphere I get the following error. Any ideas why it mentions an SD card while my emunand is on hidden partition? And what could be the solution? Thank you very much for the help.

fatal error nx boot failed to mount emummc from sd card partition

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I find it insulting to call my data a "bubble". In fact, I would go on to argue that everyone else is living in a bubble when they refuse to accept the fact that bans only come from certain activities. Being objective means you have to not have any bias and to accept whatever data is presented to you even if it conflicts with your personal feelings. I bear the same amount of judgement for someone who is actively pirating and cheating with someone who simply goes online with Atmosphere. Viewing it any other way implies you are the one living in a bubble.

When I initially made the spreadsheet, I did indeed scour the forum for as much data as possible but since most people do not follow the proper reporting method, it wasn't easy integrating that data. Nowadays, I only account for people who use my form for data collection because people who simply make such claims may possibly be omitting crucial info which is why I do not tend to include them. I tried to press them for more data however usually it wasn't met with much success so understand that while there may be many people claiming such stuff on the forum, I just ignore such people.

What I called "bubble" is your argument not the data itself, since the last 2 posts you referred at it as the only answer, even though I said from the beginning that there are people outside (and some inside) this forum saying the opposite. Your data analysis seems faulty if you look that way. I'm not insulting, just pointing.

I'm not looking for what lead to a ban, so there was no reason for calling in the discussion the thread you run, the more knowledge you possibly have because of it or the data you collected, sorry, but there is clearly some missinformation in here because of this.

As for your last point, yes a "Y" does indeed indicate that they are not banned and obviously not everyone who went online with CFW is not banned. That much should be obvious no? I mean if everyone got banned then we would know exactly what causes bans but that is not the case. In fact, it is better for Nintendo to not ban everyone such that the reasons for bans remain unknown so more people adopt the false sense of security that they may not get banned and thus wind up getting banned. You also seem to have overlooked that there are plenty of people who have pirated such as via installing .NSP files and are not banned.

Indeed, I overlooked about pirated stuff and intalling .NSP because it was never my point here when I first started replying you, it was only the CFW itself, like for the guy I quoted too, and for many other people.
There is no point saying people will eventually be banned doing some "low level" stuff while some are risking and nothing happens to them for almost 3 years now. If they do stupid stuff on CFW, is their fault...
It can't be said that CFW is safe since is modding, but seems like hardly gonna be banned simply by booting and using it online...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I called "bubble" is your argument not the data itself, since the last 2 posts you referred at it as the only answer, even though I said from the beginning that there are people outside (and some inside) this forum saying the opposite. Your data analysis seems faulty if you look that way. I'm not insulting, just pointing.

I'm not looking for what lead to a ban, so there was no reason for calling in the discussion the thread you run, the more knowledge you possibly have because of it or the data you collected, sorry, but there is clearly some missinformation in here because of this.

Indeed, I overlooked about pirated stuff and intalling .NSP because it was never my point here when I first started replying you, it was only the CFW itself, like for the guy I quoted too, and for many other people.
There is no point saying people will eventually be banned doing some "low level" stuff while some are risking and nothing happens to them for almost 3 years now. If they do stupid stuff on CFW, is their fault...
It can't be said that CFW is safe since is modding, but seems like hardly gonna be banned simply by booting and using it online...
If there are people saying otherwise, so what? I cannot police what everyone can and cannot say. The only thing I can say is that for anyone who says the opposite of what I say, I would ask them to provide objective evidence of their claims. And as far as I can understand, nobody else has compiled banning data like myself which says a lot of how other people view the situation. It does however shed light on the issue that all the data we have is retrospective rather than prospective because banning is not something we can observe. We can only view the aftermath because we are not the ones who have any influence on the actual practice. Therefore people are reaching their own conclusions which is why there are differing viewpoints. Personally, I try to find the most objective way of looking at things and I think I have done the best that I could in that department.

You also miss the point of me bringing up .NSP files. Much like there are people who are getting banned for running CFW, there are people getting banned for installing .NSP files. And there are people who do not get banned for both of those things. The point is the risk remains which you yourself admit does not go away. So while you insist the chances are low, that is also you inserting your own bias of the situation that the chances are "low" without any regards to whom may read it. It is as exactly as you said, if they do stupid stuff on CFW, it is their fault therefore you should consider it your responsibility to make sure others avoid those mistakes by properly educating them.

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You also miss the point of me bringing up .NSP files. Much like there are people who are getting banned for running CFW, there are people getting banned for installing .NSP files. And there are people who do not get banned for both of those things. The point is the risk remains which you yourself admit does not go away. So while you insist the chances are low, that is also you inserting your own bias of the situation that the chances are "low" without any regards to whom may read it. It is as exactly as you said, if they do stupid stuff on CFW, it is their fault therefore you should consider it your responsibility to make sure others avoid those mistakes by properly educating them.

Bringing .NSP installation to discussion makes no sense, you're comparing different "layers". I'm talking about the CFW itself and you're talking about installing things when CFW is needed.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bringing .NSP installation to discussion makes no sense, you're comparing different "layers". I'm talking about the CFW itself and you're talking about installing things when CFW is needed.
I don't know what you mean by "layers" but that does not sound like the real reason I brought it up. I used it as a point of statistical comparison; if people can banned and not banned by doing X thing, then the same logic can be applied to something else. Both installing .NSP files and running CFW run the risk of you getting banned because they involve hacking or more accurately violating the Terms of Service.

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know what you mean by "layers" but that does not sound like the real reason I brought it up. I used it as a point of statistical comparison; if people can banned and not banned by doing X thing, then the same logic can be applied to something else. Both installing .NSP files and running CFW run the risk of you getting banned because they involve hacking or more accurately violating the Terms of Service.

When installing .NSP, you're basically writing something into the NAND. When booting into the CFW you're not... simply because of this you can't compare both as the same thing.
Also you need CFW to install .NSP... If you don't get what I said about layers, you better search the difference between firmware and software. NSP are softwares....

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When installing .NSP, you're basically writing something into the NAND. When booting into the CFW you're not... simply because of this you can't compare both as the same thing.
Also you need CFW to install .NSP... If you don't get what I said about layers, you better search the difference between firmware and software. NSP are softwares....
You're only looking at it from one perspective. Look at it this way, if you really cannot compare the two because they do supposedly different things, then how come people get banned for both? In Nintendo's eyes, they are both bannable offenses so stuff like "firmware" and "software" make no difference to them.

Reactions: schatzi123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay