Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ThatBenderGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off let me apologize if what I say is nonsense, I just got CFW on my switch today.

So I am running (Hekate 5.5.4)Atmosphere M.18.1 on 11.0.1 and I can only install and run my game backups if I launch cfw through fusee-primary. If I try to boot up/install the games from emuMMC it says the title is corrupted. Again if I boot through fusee-primary everything is fine. I believe I have the correct sigpatches and I dumped my prod.key first thing before installing emuMMC, because I can successfully install my backups if I use GoldLeaf while booted from fusee-primary. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by ThatBenderGuy,

trainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is gonna be obvious to many, so sorry in advance if it's already common knowledge. But for the love of god, I can't seem to find consistent information on any forum for days now.

If I have a patched nswitch (cannot enter RCM by means of fusee-gelee), that was using sx os normally, but then was updated to 11.0.1 and so unable to boot into emummc - then am I able to somehow change to Atmosphere's CFW and boot into emummc again? Is it a 100% "no" because it's a patched switch? Or does it depend also on whether it booted on 11.0.1 sysmmc? Or is it another reason? Can it be done?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
First off let me apologize if what I say is nonsense, I just got CFW on my switch today.

So I am running (Hekate 5.5.4)Atmosphere M.18.1 on 11.0.1 and I can only install and run my game backups if I launch cfw through fusee-primary. If I try to boot up/install the games from emuMMC it says the title is corrupted. Again if I boot through fusee-primary everything is fine. I believe I have the correct sigpatches and I dumped my prod.key first thing before installing emuMMC, because I can successfully install my backups if I use GoldLeaf while booted from fusee-primary. Anything I'm doing wrong?
I think you have mixed up some terms. You say it is working when you launch cfw through fusee-primary but when you boot from emuMMC is doesn't. What payload do you use when you say you launch emuMMC? Hekate?
Fusee-primary and Hekate are payloads used to launch cfw. Both can use sysMMC or emuMMC. If you have an emuMMC on your SD card fusee-primary most likely also launches emuMMC. So the difference is just the payload used. If you see the same games installed nomatter how you launch cfw then both methods use the same MMC. Assuming that is the case you can just use fusse-primary and you are good. If you want to us Hekate it might be that you miss the patches.ini in your bootloader folder. YOu can get it from hekate.zip here: Releases · ITotalJustice/patches · GitHub

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is gonna be obvious to many, so sorry in advance if it's already common knowledge. But for the love of god, I can't seem to find consistent information on any forum for days now.

If I have a patched nswitch (cannot enter RCM by means of fusee-gelee), that was using sx os normally, but then was updated to 11.0.1 and so unable to boot into emummc - then am I able to somehow change to Atmosphere's CFW and boot into emummc again? Is it a 100% "no" because it's a patched switch? Or does it depend also on whether it booted on 11.0.1 sysmmc? Or is it another reason? Can it be done?
No, it can very easily be done. You can try following this tutorial in order to set it up.

Just wondering how do I put my save game from emunand into sysnand this is for animal crossing thank yiu in advance
Use a homebrew save manager to dump it from emuMMC then import it into sysMMC.

trainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, it can very easily be done. You can try following this tutorial in order to set it up.

Thank you!! Thanks to you and that wonderful tutorial I got things cleared up now. I had only dealt with unpatched switches up until now so I was unsure about how things would work on an sx-os patched unit . Thanks again =D

Reactions: Draxzelex

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of quick questions:

1. Is it better to install Atmosphere with Mesosphere or without it?

2. Does AwooInstaller work correctly on AMS-0.18.1 with OFW 11.0.1?

I have been out of the loop for a while and haven't updated since AMS-0.15.0 and OFW 10.1.0 because I know AwooInstaller wasn't working for at least a little while on OFW higher than 10.1.0. And I love how easy AwooInstaller's install from USB is.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Is it better to install Atmosphere with Mesosphere or without it?
Doesn't matter.

Does AwooInstaller work correctly on AMS-0.18.1 with OFW 11.0.1?
Should work iirc. Otherwise there are enough good alternatives. Goldleaf and (my favorite) dbi. Installing games via usb with dbi is easy af.

Reactions: nutsack and BigOnYa

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter.

Should work iirc. Otherwise there are enough good alternatives. Goldleaf and (my favorite) dbi. Installing games via usb with dbi is easy af.

Awoo-Installer now crashes my Switch after going to AMS-0.18.1 and OFW 11.0.1. What program do you recommend using from my PC to send to dbi when installing from USB on my Switch?

Maximoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone! Recently I hacked my Switch and I was instructed to select throught Hekate boot, that Nintendo Official Firmware symbol in order to play on line. A friend of mine use the one with Reggie's face. My question is, which one is the correct to play on line?

Reactions: gutoblauth

Scaramorey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ordered an unpatched switch from ebay, but I can't get it into rcm. I have another switch that I can get into rcm mode every time with a paper clip jig. The same paper clip jig does not work on the unpatched switch. When I slide a controller on to the right rail the controller works fine so I assume the rail and pads are fine. I'm really not sure where to go from here. I have no idea why the unpatched switch won't enter rcm. I have tried every possible combination for holding down the volume + button and the power button, but nothing works. I even tried with tinfoil on both switches and once again my primary switch entered rcm while the unpatched switch I got from ebay doesn't. I was extremely cautious while using both the paper clip and tin foil, so I very highly doubt that I damaged the pins of the unpatched switch. Besides, like I said both methods consistently work on my primary switch and they have for months.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Scaramorey,

ThatBenderGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the easiest way to update my gamecard backups? Should I boot into sysMMC and remove the dn90 DNS and update the gamecard that way and then boot into emuMMC or should I just find the update NSP online and install it that way?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! Recently I hacked my Switch and I was instructed to select throught Hekate boot, that Nintendo Official Firmware symbol in order to play on line. A friend of mine use the one with Reggie's face. My question is, which one is the correct to play on line?
What on Earth do you mean by the one with "Reggie's face"?

So I ordered an unpatched switch from ebay, but I can't get it into rcm. I have another switch that I can get into rcm mode every time with a paper clip jig. The same paper clip jig does not work on the unpatched switch. When I slide a controller on to the right rail the controller works fine so I assume the rail and pads are fine. I'm really not sure where to go from here. I have no idea why the unpatched switch won't enter rcm. I have tried every possible combination for holding down the volume + button and the power button, but nothing works. I even tried with tinfoil on both switches and once again my primary switch entered rcm while the unpatched switch I got from ebay doesn't. I was extremely cautious while using both the paper clip and tin foil, so I very highly doubt that I damaged the pins of the unpatched switch. Besides, like I said both methods consistently work on my primary switch and they have for months.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The only thing I can suggest is to try entering RCM using something else. You can consult this thread for a list of other tools.

What's the easiest way to update my gamecard backups? Should I boot into sysMMC and remove the dn90 DNS and update the gamecard that way and then boot into emuMMC or should I just find the update NSP online and install it that way?
The easiest way would be to update them online however if you have booted CFW or homebrew then you risk getting banned. The safest way would be to download the updates in .NSP format then install them with a homebrew app.

ThatBenderGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way would be to update them online however if you have booted CFW or homebrew then you risk getting banned. The safest way would be to download the updates in .NSP format then install them with a homebrew app.
That's what I figured. I had another question. I want to transfer my save on Animal Crossing from a non-hacked switch to my hacked switch. Should I use the island transfer tool and just transfer it or should I use the nintendo online backup feature and back it up that way and just retrieve it from there on my sysMMC (Which has not ran any homebrew)

In other words is it safe to go online on sysMMC as long as I have not ran homebrew on it or does the fact I have ran homebrew on emuMMC make it dangerous to run homebrew on sysMMC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.