Hacking Switch jailbreak discussion

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I like to jailbreak my Nintendo Switch since you can do so much with it, download themes, play PSP games and much more. Yes, I know it's risky to jailbreak the Nintendo Switch since you can get banned, but as long as you're careful it should go well, but as far as I understand it. Then it's only a console ban and I plan to get a new Nintendo Switch sooner or later, so it doesn't matter if I get banned. I don't use the Online Function in games anyway, it's not for me. What do you guys think about jailbreaking the Nintendo Switch?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
You have some things you wish to do on a modded Switch and understand the risks, so go for it if that's what you want.

Personally I have an Emunand to mess about with stuff on, which stays offline 100% of the time. So no risk of getting banned. Why be careless and get banned on purpose even if you don't currently have a use for online? you might wish to go online for something in the future and regret it.

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You have some things you wish to do on a modded Switch and understand the risks, so go for it if that's what you want.

Personally I have an Emunand to mess about with stuff on, which stays offline 100% of the time. So no risk of getting banned. Why be careless and get banned on purpose even if you don't currently have a use for online? you might wish to go online for something in the future and regret it.
That's true, don't worry I'm going to use Emunand and stay offline. How do you stay offline?

jkbids6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Remove your internet connections from OFW.
2. Create Emunand.
3. Add internet connections to OFW.
4 profit.
Isnt staying disconnected from the internet entirely a bit of overkill? I keep mine connected to download themes and games. I feel like you could just not put a nintendo account on it (which is what i do) and that would be sufficient? but I'm newer, so I could be wrong.
Post automatically merged:

Don't have any WiFi settings saved on the Emunand and leave it in aeroplane mode to remind you that you are using the Emunand.
Isn't staying disconnected from the internet entirely a bit overkill? I keep mine connected for games and theme downloading, and just don't put my account on it. I've had mine like this for over a month and not had a problem. I'm newer to this so I guess I could be wrong.

Reactions: diegocobo8

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isnt staying disconnected from the internet entirely a bit of overkill? I keep mine connected to download themes and games. I feel like you could just not put a nintendo account on it (which is what i do) and that would be sufficient? but I'm newer, so I could be wrong.

Isn't staying disconnected from the internet entirely a bit overkill? I keep mine connected for games and theme downloading, and just don't put my account on it. I've had mine like this for over a month and not had a problem. I'm newer to this so I guess I could be wrong.

Well it is best to be disconnected from wifi prior to creating the emunand, you can always enable wifi on emunand as long you block communication to nintendo server correctly.

Reactions: Tails54321

huriox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I had many of them jailbroken, and I ended up selling them all to have some profit.
Answering your question, yes it is completely worth unlocking the console.

Also unlocking the console makes you able to play games from various emulators as well, like super nintendo, gameboy / gb color, nintendo ds, nintendo gamecube, etc..

What is your console model btw? lite, v1, v2 or oled?

diegocobo8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

I do exactly the same as you´re doing: Being connected and just without a profile attached to the Eshop, this since march 2023, not banning messages yet. I dont know how people talks about not being online (connected to the internet), how them de able to download games from Tinfoil, then?

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
90DNS (blocks Nintendo servers) + Blank ProdInfo (removes the serial of your console) on emunand is the only way to keep your emunand online without risking bans.

Staying online on emunand is still handy for FTP transfer and using Tinfoil, though.

diegocobo8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
90DNS (blocks Nintendo servers) + Blank ProdInfo (removes the serial of your console) on emunand is the only way to keep your emunand online without risking bans.

Staying online on emunand is still handy for FTP transfer and using Tinfoil, though.
I think you´re missunderstanding being online with having the internet activated.
- Being online: have the internet activated on your console + have an active profile on the Nintendo servers, either to play online, browse the eshop, and similar stuff.
- Having internet activated on your console without an active profile is not being "online", absolutely no one can link an account to your console.

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As someone who recently hacked their system, I have to say the exosphere.ini and other files that are used + default.txt (DNS MITM) has been working good for me fine!

Only thing i'd ever need to access on emuNAND is hb app store

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo