Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

djorn2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serial: XAW100844XXXXX
Serial on device matches serial on box: Yes
Region: US
Firmware: 4.1.0
Color option: Grey
Store: GameStop
Was a bundle (if yes, which): No
Purchase date: 7/21/2018
Fusée Gelée works: No (Boots to RCM, patcher doesn't work)

Kinda sucks because I played a lot of Mario Odyssey with it until I got my USB C cable, and if I return it, I'll lose all that progress. I haven't updated it, so I'm hoping the 4.1.0 exploit releases Soon(tm).

Edit: Looked it up and I can't even return it now, since it's been opened.

Gamespot has the worst return policy of US shops. I avoid them like a plague. Try to sell it and recover some of the money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djorn2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m planning on buying a second unit but before I do, I need to check in this thread to see what are the working serial number series that are proven not to be patch. People need to follow this thread closely, you just can’t show up to a store and wonder if the unit is patchable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by djorn2k,

Neath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*not a repost, this is a second switch*

Serial: XAW4000xxxx
Serial on device matches serial on box: Yep
Region: Canada
Firmware: 3.0.2
Color option: Black
Store: Walmart
Purchase date: Jul/23/18
Fusée Gelée works: YES :)

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’m planning on buying a second unit but before I do, I need to check in this thread to see what are the working serial number series that are proven not to be patch. People need to follow this thread closely, you just can’t show up to a store and wonder if the unit is patchable.
For USA region, I would avoid anything XAW1008 and up. XAW1007 or lower is safe to buy. As for me, I chose to avoid stores that sell a lot of units like bestbuy or walmart, since it's more likely to get a recently manufactured unit. I got mine at The Source (former Radio Shack stores), and got a XAW1004. All good! :D

Reactions: Elliott1986

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serial:XAW10078xxxxxx
Serial on device matches serial on box: Y
Region:USA
Store: Target
Was a bundle (if yes, which): N
Purchase date: 7/3/18
Fusée Gelée works: Y

Qai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Serial: XAW100556*****
Serial on device matches serial on box: YES
Color option: Gray
Store: Ebay (rebateguys) Canada
Purchase date: 2018-07-18
Fusée Gelée works: YES

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Serial: XAW100461*****
Firmware: 4.0.1
Color option: Neon
Store: Amazon (CA)
Was a bundle (if yes, which): Yes, Amazon prime day bundle
Purchase date: July 16, 2018

returning amazon switch, keeping ebay one.

Andresdante

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Serial:XAW70017*****
Region: usa
Firmware: 4.1. 0
Color option: Neon
Store: eBay
Was a bundle no
Purchase date: July 19 2018

rob7697

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just making another post here to mention my switch with SN:
XAW7001805xxxx
is NOT patched :O! I've edited my previous post to reflect

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, sorry if it's the wrong thread but where in Montreal can i get an unpatched Switch? (Which store) Thanks in advance and again sorry if it's not the good thread.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, sorry if it's the wrong thread but where in Montreal can i get an unpatched Switch? (Which store) Thanks in advance and again sorry if it's not the good thread.
I live in Montreal. Check for nearby The Source stores. Check their website for availability. Buying from Bestbuy or Walmart is a gamble. The Source usually has older stock as they don't sell as many units as the big chains. Just to be on the safe side, don't buy anything that would have serial XAW1008 or over. What you want is XAW1007 or lower. Shouldn't be difficult to find.

Reactions: Carnelian

killersquirel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new switch and it has 4.10 firmware and the serial number started with XAW40009xxxx. I'm in the US and bought at a gamestop. I haven't seen anybody mention these firmwares as being patched. I did notice another person from Australia that had a somewhat similar serial number that wasn't patched.

I also have an original Switch that I bought at launch that is now on 5.1 firmware. I have an SX Pro coming in 2 to 3 weeks, and was wondering if the smart move would be to transfer my nintendo profile from the original to the new Switch and use my original with the SX Pro. Any advice as to what I should do?

p1nky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Serial: XAJ70016*****
Serial on device matches serial on box: yes
Region: EU
Firmware: 3.0.1
Store: Amazon DE
Was a bundle: no
Purchase date: July 21 2018
Fusée Gelée works: Works

Even says Made in China 2017 on the back.

Last edited by p1nky,
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I live in Montreal. Check for nearby The Source stores. Check their website for availability. Buying from Bestbuy or Walmart is a gamble. The Source usually has older stock as they don't sell as many units as the big chains. Just to be on the safe side, don't buy anything that would have serial XAW1008 or over. What you want is XAW1007 or lower. Shouldn't be difficult to find.

Thanks!

QRC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Checked like 50 switches in german stores today (saturn / mediamarkt). All black joycon switches were XAJ70016+ and all red/blue ones XAJ400x without a single exception.
Guess it's mostly the black ones which are updated first or sold more frequently and restocked.

Last edited by QRC,

p1nky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Checked like 50 switches in german stores today (saturn / mediamarkt). All black joycon switches were XAJ70016+ and all red/blue ones XAJ400x without a single exception.
Guess it's mostly the black ones which are updated first or sold more frequently and restocked.

erm XAJ70016... is perfectly fine, actually it is pretty old!
Got one of those from Amazon, see above, comes with 3.0.1 and is manufactured 2017.

DaveC1964

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a bit confused. Isn't all firmware versions with the same number the same? aren't all 4.1.0 ones the same? I see something about patched and unpatched. What does that mean?

Reactions: Salduchi

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a bit confused. Isn't all firmware versions with the same number the same? aren't all 4.1.0 ones the same? I see something about patched and unpatched. What does that mean?
There are some consoles who have their hardware patched with the RCM exploit meaning you cannot load hacks via RCM but are still vulnerable to the unreleased software exploits similar to the unpatched Switch units.

DaveC1964

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some consoles who have their hardware patched with the RCM exploit meaning you cannot load hacks via RCM but are still vulnerable to the unreleased software exploits similar to the unpatched Switch units.
Patched with the RCM exploit? I don't get it why would some be patched and some not but still not be on the 5.xx version? Wouldn't hardware patched ones be newer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9