Homebrew Switch from 11.2 GW3DS with a9lh to CFW EUR 3DS

Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello there,

I've been out of the 3DS scene for a while and I wanted to switch my o3DS that has GW3DS and 11.2 firmware to a CFW but I have no idea how to proceed, well I know how to install a CFW but I have no idea as how to revert my GW install to a classic stock install without any patches set up on the console so I could start anew and install my CFW...

I've done some researches but I haven't found anyone in my exact situation, I wanted to restore my NAND.bin but the GW menu told me that I couldn't because it's not supported for EUR region yet, obviously there's been no patches from GW for years now and it's never gonna come so what should I do?

Any help would be very welcome guys :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm thanks for the info but ain't it a problem that I have previously installed GW3DS a9lh or can I just install over it without any worries?
I'm not sure if that will work, it's recommended to restore a pre-Fast Boot NAND backup.
But restoring a NAND backup should work fine on EUR. You held D-Pad Up then pressed downgrade?

Reactions: Idaho

Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure if that will work, it's recommended to restore a pre-Fast Boot NAND backup.
But restoring a NAND backup should work fine on EUR. You held D-Pad Up then pressed downgrade?

Oh, I guess that's the part of the trick I had forgoten, I'll try and let you know ;)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, I guess that's the part of the trick I had forgoten, I'll try and let you know ;)
Also, if you have any .3ds/.3dz game saves you don't want to lose, keep your emuNAND (or back up your SD card then create one) and don't update it past 11.2. You'll need to be able to access GW mode to move your saves over to .cia. You can do it before switching to CFW as well (don't need the CIAs installed since you can export the saves to decrypted format and import them later on when you have the CIAs)
This tool makes it way easier: https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-save-export-helper.465503/

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so this worked, I managed to install CFW and update to 11.6 but I'm stuck at "Section III - Launching FBI" of the tutorial, when I select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.” I get the following error "Operation failed (no suitable process found)."

Edit : Oh wait it worked, I just didn't wait long enough to actually be inside the app my bad...

Thanks for you help guys, I'm glad that old3DS is back kicking asses :)

Last edited by Idaho,

Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well CFW is all set up now, my only issue is with making TWLoader work, no nds rom would launch and only provide a black screen, kinda odd though, it works pretty well on my n3DS :glare:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-