Switch Firmware by serial number

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Essometer, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    I'd trust the console number more than the box number, even though they they should match

2. Essometer
    OP

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Enger
    While things like EmuNAND or other solutions to play games that require a higher fw will certainly released at one point, that doesn’t mean that it will be directly after a cfw has been released. In my understanding, cfw means one thing: Being able to have control over the switch at or right after boot. Anything else still has to be developed. How fast or slow that will be I don’t know. In my opinion, cfw early for 1.0.0 is that developers can get a head start befor cfw for later fw will be released.

About the serial on box and console, yes, they match in almost all cases. But if the Switch was removed from packaging, do you know for sure that it wasn’t updated outside?

3. mmajunkie77

mmajunkie77 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, it was updated unfortunately, but I've found another sealed so I'll be picking that up today (hopefully). And thank you for all your help! If I have to stick with my 4.1 and wait it out, that's fine! I'm just excited to see what's in store for the rest of the year!

4. mmajunkie77

mmajunkie77 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2017
    United States
    Found another with XAW100137. Any idea if that falls under 1.0.0 or 2.1.0?