Hacking Question Switch doesn't boot after downgrade from 7.0.1

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was just about to message him lol. I tried this, and it worked! Thanks so much to both of you @gnilwob !!!! :)

EDIT: So now that my Switch boots again, what would be the best way to get it to 7.0.1? choiNX or just the normal system update process? I don't want to screw up again xD

dont update to 7.0.1 no point in doing that

use choidujourNX

gnilwob

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I was just about to message him lol. I tried this, and it worked! Thanks so much to both of you @gnilwob !!!! :)

EDIT: So now that my Switch boots again, what would be the best way to get it to 7.0.1? choiNX or just the normal system update process? I don't want to screw up again xD

Glad that it is working for you now.

I would say, use ChoidujourNX to upgrade it to 6.2
If you are SX user, create emunand from 6.2
Then upgrade sysnand 6.2 to 7.0.1
Now you have dual boot, sysnand = 7.0.1 and emunand = 6.2.0

Reactions: KuraudoSutoraifu

DaffySucks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can someone discord me or something : @onedumbbear im not very good with this stuff but im having the same issue you are

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah not sure why you still have an urge to get to 7.0 after what you just went through lol. Pointless atm.

KuraudoSutoraifu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah not sure why you still have an urge to get to 7.0 after what you just went through lol. Pointless atm.
Online play and eShop? They require the latest firmware afaik? And I always wanted to do a downgrade, just to know how it works. Granted, I would have preferred less anxiety thinking that my switch might be bricked for good, but whatever.

Can someone discord me or something : @onedumbbear im not very good with this stuff but im having the same issue you are

If you want, I could try to walk you through, now that I somewhat know the process? I'm at work for the next 8 hours though.

DaffySucks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online play and eShop? They require the latest firmware afaik? And I always wanted to do a downgrade, just to know how it works. Granted, I would have preferred less anxiety thinking that my switch might be bricked for good, but whatever.

If you want, I could try to walk you through, now that I somewhat know the process? I'm at work for the next 8 hours though.
ok just call my discord whenever you get off please

DaffySucks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2019-2-26_18-32-6.png
i think that this works

HarmonyUnited

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @gnilwob and company, I am having the SAME EXACT issues as @KuraudoSutoraifu; exact, to the T, scenario. No Backups *sigh*... I have been trying to follow the thread of help.. I keep getting stuck when trying to make a keys.txt file and run into issues trying to get hactool to work. Specifically:

"Using BOOT0.bin to get keys from package1...
Could not find keyblob_mac_key_source! Please check the integrity of the data used in the current stage!"

I have read through all the sdsetup guides and understand whats going on, just can't seem to make it work.
I could really use some guidance... would any of you who helped be willing to do another live chat over skype or whatsapp with me too?

I just spent like 12 hours yesterday trying to figure all of this out. I am using a Mac with virtual machines so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. I know it is possible! I just need a little help...

Thanks so much! :)

-

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hey @gnilwob and company, I am having the SAME EXACT issues as @KuraudoSutoraifu; exact, to the T, scenario. No Backups *sigh*... I have been trying to follow the thread of help.. I keep getting stuck when trying to make a keys.txt file and run into issues trying to get hactool to work. Specifically:

"Using BOOT0.bin to get keys from package1...
Could not find keyblob_mac_key_source! Please check the integrity of the data used in the current stage!"

I have read through all the sdsetup guides and understand whats going on, just can't seem to make it work.
I could really use some guidance... would any of you who helped be willing to do another live chat over skype or whatsapp with me too?

I just spent like 12 hours yesterday trying to figure all of this out. I am using a Mac with virtual machines so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. I know it is possible! I just need a little help...

Thanks so much! :)

-
AFAIK, You can’t get that key with lockpick nor hactool. You need to find it somewhere else (like google)

Last edited by Manurocker95,

Motrok

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just added Bowling#24xx

I am having the exact same problem. Would any of you be available to help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small