Homebrew RELEASE Switch Backup Manager 1.0

Does version 1.1.0 works for you when adding nsp?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnnieHardKnock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This app is extremely buggy and I really regret using it. Occasional unhandled exceptions, randomly not renaming some files, and adding nsp_tmp extensions to DLC make this app infuriating to use.

It also doesn't recognize .nsp_tmp files. So when it renames these DLC files and I close the app, they don't appear the next time I open it back up. Completely annoying.

Edit: I fixed it by nuking the settings. Seems to be fine now.

Last edited by AnnieHardKnock,

sh0wst0pper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Grand Prix Story and Motorsport Manager fail to load into the eShop folder

Code:
2019-03-25 08:24:55.668 [DEBUG]   searching for 0100EA80032EA000 in database.
2019-03-25 08:24:55.678 [INFO]    0100EA80032EA000 is already in database. Ignoring.
2019-03-25 08:24:55.699 [INFO]    Adding NSP file: Grand Prix Story
2019-03-25 08:24:55.906 [ERROR]      at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   at Switch_Backup_Manager.Util.GetFileDataNSP(String file)
2019-03-25 08:24:55.922 [INFO]    Adding NSP file: James Pond
2019-03-25 08:24:56.135 [INFO]    Making some voodoo magic with
2019-03-25 08:24:56.202 [ERROR]   0100CD5008D9E000 seems to be broken! Some info will be missing.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllBytes(String path, Boolean checkHost)
2019-03-25 08:24:56.244 [INFO]    Adding NSP file: Motorsport Manager
2019-03-25 08:24:56.460 [ERROR]      at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
2019-03-25 08:24:56.472 [INFO]    Finished the search for new files in \games\Systems\Nintendo - Switch. 0 files added.
2019-03-25 08:24:56.489 [INFO]    Parsing NSP files with no info: 1 files.
2019-03-25 08:24:56.515 [INFO]    Adding NSP file: James Pond
2019-03-25 08:24:56.718 [INFO]    Making some voodoo magic with
2019-03-25 08:24:56.782 [ERROR]   0100CD5008D9E000 seems to be broken! Some info will be missing.
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
2019-03-25 08:24:56.831 [DEBUG]   searching for 0100CD5008D9E000 in database.
2019-03-25 08:24:56.842 [INFO]    0100CD5008D9E000 is already in database. Ignoring.
2019-03-25 08:24:56.861 [INFO]    Finished.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Grand Prix Story and Motorsport Manager fail to load into the eShop folder
thanks for reporting
although your error log is mainly because you don't have masterkey 6, but even so there's another bug somewhere else preventing it to be handled properly
it's now been fixed but it'll be a while until I submit the code, because I made an embarrassing mistake by accidentally undoing my earlier changes related to autorename (yes I forgot to commit the code. my apology to @aerik :rofl2:)

grandprix.jpg

Reactions: sh0wst0pper

aerik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No problem bro hahaha
thanks for reporting
although your error log is mainly because you don't have masterkey 6, but even so there's another bug somewhere else preventing it to be handled properly
it's now been fixed but it'll be a while until I submit the code, because I made an embarrassing mistake by accidentally undoing my earlier changes related to autorename (yes I forgot to commit the code. my apology to @aerik :rofl2:)

View attachment 161956

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

sh0wst0pper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for reporting

View attachment 161956

How do i install masterkey6?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
How do i install masterkey6?

open the keys.txt and see if you have master_key_06 like this

mkey.png

if you don't, then you need to find the key somewhere else (we can't share it here) and add it to your keys.txt file
but as I said earlier, there's also another bug preventing all the details to be read from this game file. so even if you added master_key_06 to your keys.txt, the game will be added to the list but most of the information will be empty

Reactions: sh0wst0pper

sh0wst0pper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
open the keys.txt and see if you have master_key_06 like this

View attachment 162198

if you don't, then you need to find the key somewhere else (we can't share it here) and add it to your keys.txt file
but as I said earlier, there's also another bug preventing all the details to be read from this game file. so even if you added master_key_06 to your keys.txt, the game will be added to the list but most of the information will be empty

Thanks for this. I had up to masterkey04 so have found 5 & 6. The games now show in the app.
Thanks for your help.

cbool09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for reporting

View attachment 161956

Hi! Please, can you help me, how can i open the new nsp files (for example "Yet Another Zombie Defense HD [010085500B29A000][v0].nsp") correctly with Switch Backup Manager? They have no album icons, title names and language details when i open them. And I get this error message:

Code:
[ERROR]   010085500B29A000 seems to be broken! Some info will be missing.
   at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(String path)
   at Switch_Backup_Manager.Util.GetFileDataNSP(String file) in \Switch Backup Manager\Util.cs, row: 3050

Last edited by cbool09,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! Please, can you help me, how can i open the new nsp files (for example "Yet Another Zombie Defense HD [010085500B29A000][v0].nsp") correctly with Switch Backup Manager? They have no album icons, title names and language details when i open them. And I get this error message:

Code:
[ERROR]   010085500B29A000 seems to be broken! Some info will be missing.
   at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(String path)
   at Switch_Backup_Manager.Util.GetFileDataNSP(String file) in \Switch Backup Manager\Util.cs, row: 3050
huh, where did you get your exe? it has debug line in it?
but sure I'll take a look once I have spare time. currently busy IRL for at least the next 1 week
thanks for reporting

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Idk what that means so I guess not by default. What would happen if you load xci/nsp that are FW 7.01 into switchbackup manager if you don't have this "masterkey"
see the screenshot I posted above
if you don't have the key, it'll just fail to load the file and pop an error in the debug log

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, no problem, i can wait, thanks for your reply! :) I use the github version (https://github.com/gibaBR/Switch-Backup-Manager), and it has a Log tab.
tested Yet Another Zombie Defense and it's working just fine
you just need to find the masterkey 7 and put it in the keys.txt (see previous posts for similar issues)

I'll give you an updated exe which show when some games require newer masterkey and you don't have it yet in your keys.txt, but that'll need to wait until next week. or you can build it yourself using the changes on my fork github
new games and updates are starting to use masterkey 7, so you'll find this issue again with another games if you don't update your keys.txt

Last edited by Garou,

cbool09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tested Yet Another Zombie Defense and it's working just fine
you just need to find the masterkey 7 and put it in the keys.txt (see previous posts for similar issues)

I'll give you an updated exe which show when some games require newer masterkey and you don't have it yet in your keys.txt, but that'll need to wait until next week. or you can build it yourself using the changes on my fork github
new games and updates are starting to use masterkey 7, so you'll find this issue again with another games if you don't update your keys.txt

I already have masterkey7 (its first 5 characters: 929F8) and use it. Have you tried this version?: "Yet_Another_Zombie_Defense_HD_eShop_NSW-LiGHTFORCE". When I open it, I get this result:
switchbackup.png

So there is no app cover, no normal game title (just from the filename), no languages list, etc.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
lol I responded to you but realized I misread your reply, so I deleted it and planning to edit later :lol:

sbm.PNG

so here's how it is on my machine
and no I haven't tried using NSP from Venom release, so theirs might be different. I don't know

lol another brainfart
forgot to tell you, this is using my updated exe. I'll share it next week for you to try

Last edited by Garou,
Reactions: gizmomelb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI