Homebrew RELEASE Switch Backup Manager 1.0

Does version 1.1.0 works for you when adding nsp?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just tried it and works fine for me with mi xci files. and few nsp that i have. it'll be possible if it can tell you if you have the latest update or dlc?. the way i'm doing it right now is check the cdns gui bob game by game and it's kind of tedious.
Use bobGUI v4, doge or freeshop with external cert.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

PrixM

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just tried it and works fine for me with mi xci files. and few nsp that i have. it'll be possible if it can tell you if you have the latest update or dlc?. the way i'm doing it right now is check the cdns gui bob game by game and it's kind of tedious.

BOBs GUI can check all at once automatic for you.
Scan your roms (Tools/Scan for existing roms) [Do this everytime you got a new NSP]
After this click on Update Titlekeys
Bob now shows u a state (Own, New, UBDATE) :D

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
It will not include repeated TitleID YET. I'll include @Garou 's work this week.
how about this? ;)
sbm.PNG

Last edited by Garou,
Reactions: PrixM

LFPereira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As said many times it's a false positive. You can build from source if you are afraid.
É um falso positivo, amigo. Pode compilar a partir do código, se estiver preocupado.

Did you compile all the releases yourself? And always on the same machine?
Perhaps the machine that compiled releases 1.07 and 1.1.0 is infected.
According to Windows Defender, the other releases are ok.
I downloaded the last source to test if my compilation will also be reported as infected.

upload_2018-8-10_10-50-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-10_10-46-6.png
    upload_2018-8-10_10-46-6.png
    15 KB · Views: 103

GibaBR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you compile all the releases yourself? And always on the same machine?
Perhaps the machine that compiled releases 1.07 and 1.1.0 is infected.
According to Windows Defender, the other releases are ok.
I downloaded the last source to test if my compilation will also be reported as infected.

View attachment 139357
Yes, the same machine. On github there is a guy Who has compiled it and had The same result.

Enviado de meu SM-G935F usando o Tapatalk

Thandor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In 1.0.9 Scene ID format to NNNN was included. In 1.1.0 it doesn't work anymore, the leading zeroes are gone. Instead of 0123 it is 123 now, or instead 0001 its only 1.

GibaBR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cool. Any update on those rev001 and rev002 releases? I saw that that they are shown in the downloaded txt with the scene releases but they are not shown in the GUI.
Yes! Our friend @Garou has made a fantastic job on that. We just need to test a little more. You could help testing it if you want. Download this beta build. Everybody is invited to help testing.
If you want to scrap some info like a game description, number of players, among others, don't forget to check the scrap from web option on config screen. It can't get info for some .XCI files, but almost all of them are covered.

Some people were complaining about false positive for virus. That was because the compiler packed some required .dlls and other files inside the .exe... :wink:. We decided to don't do that anymore, so no more false alarms.
Because of that, now you will notice that there are more files inside the release package.

Reactions: Garou

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool. Any update on those rev001 and rev002 releases? I saw that that they are shown in the downloaded txt with the scene releases but they are not shown in the GUI.
as @GibaBR said, we need someone to test it with XCI listed as having FW 5.x.x in nswdb, as well as for games listed having FW 2.0.1 (203. Yoru no Nai Kuni 2: Shingetsu no Hanayome) and 2.0.3 (269. Champion Jockey Special) as I don't have these games
for the latter I'm guessing the admin of nswdb made a typo because I have no idea those FW exist, but still we need to properly handle it to it won't crash the app

Thandor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes! Our friend @Garou has made a fantastic job on that. We just need to test a little more. You could help testing it if you want. Download this beta build. Everybody is invited to help testing.
If you want to scrap some info like a game description, number of players, among others, don't forget to check the scrap from web option on config screen. It can't get info for some .XCI files, but almost all of them are covered.

Thank you for the new version! My rev versions are showing up now:

Unbenannt.JPG

Two things:

#1: Scrap extended info from web is not working for me, this error is showing up, looks like a .NET issue:

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei Switch_Backup_Manager.FrmMain.backgroundWorkerScrapExtraInfo_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

#2: The game revision is not correct for the three titles above, there are all listed as 1.0.0 but when mounted on the switch:

- Zelda should be 1.5.0
- Odyssey should be 1.1.0
- Kart should be 1.4.0

Reactions: GibaBR

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
#2: The game revision is not correct for the three titles above, there are all listed as 1.0.0 but when mounted on the switch:

- Zelda should be 1.5.0
- Odyssey should be 1.1.0
- Kart should be 1.4.0
can you try loading those games using XCI Explorer and see the version number shown there?
because those are the values that we get from control.nacp

alright it looks like that it is possible to get the correct game version. apparently there are 2 NCA with different control.nacp and we just need to load the right one
no promises here but we'll see if it can be done
if anyone want some challenge, here's a write-up on how this can be done https://github.com/gibaBR/Switch-Backup-Manager/issues/37

Last edited by Garou,
Reactions: GibaBR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...