Tutorial  Updated

Switch 7.0 Downgrade to 6.2 tutorial

Update: Since Atmosphere has released with 7.0.X support, To downgrade without a backup, just use ChoidujourNX.
For those with backups you can still follow the method below

After seeing reports of downgrading back to 6.2 been broken after updating to switch firmware version 7.0, I can confirm these to be false. I successfully downgraded my switch with 9 burnt fuses on 7.0 to 6.2 with 9 burnt fuses

Downgrading to 6.2 is possible and not broken. Both boot0/boot1 must be the same version as nand backup

• Step 1) Place 6.2 nand + boot0/1 backup on sd card
  • Step 2) Boot into RCM and launch hekate
  • Step 3) Restore boot 0/1
  • Step 4) Restore GPP Partitions (or rawnand, I personally used GPP Partitions)
  • Step 5) Launch CFW using Hekate 4.6 or ReiNX 2.0 or sxos (haven't tested with fusee-primary)
  • Step 6) ????
  • Step 7) Profit

EDIT: This is for FG consoles not ipatched
EDIT 2: You will loose any saves you don't have backed up

Will upload proof if people desperately wish

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry but why all this noise if 7.0.0 is open?
PK11: 434FA7D07A8D4FDFD8630AC40FF9BC697E0DE40E0041E225F154BEB9571044E9
Master key: 4EC96B8CB01B8DCE382149443430B2B6EBCB2983348AFA04A25E53609DABEDF6
does anyone confirm?
Those are SHA256 hashes, not the actual keys. The actual keys are not public yet, and so you cannot use CFW on 7.0.0 right now. Just wait.

MaverickOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[QUOTE = "Lacius, post: 8498802, membro: 124912"] Atmosphere supporta già 7.0.0 se si ha accesso alla chiave privata. Atmosphere supporterà 7.0.0 per tutti in pochi giorni. [/ QUOTE]
ok
let's wait

Jaucent23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to re install emunand on 6.2 and copied over the previous files I had backed up. I attempted to install a game, and the switch recognized it was already installed, is there a way to scan the files in the SD card so the SX OS knows what is installed already?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was able to re install emunand on 6.2 and copied over the previous files I had backed up. I attempted to install a game, and the switch recognized it was already installed, is there a way to scan the files in the SD card so the SX OS knows what is installed already?

no idea sorry
Those are SHA256 hashes, not the actual keys. The actual keys are not public yet, and so you cannot use CFW on 7.0.0 right now. Just wait.
cheers for covering while I was passed out lol

niewdack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I really did something very stupid thing, i used the backup from another console to restore.
I think I know the answer, but it its possible to do something to save it?
The console isnt brick

niewdack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Make sure to read it twice over and then some.
Thank you, but I it was impossible when I start to dump the keys I have an error, i guess is because it has the 9 fuse burnt, I think it will be a comple
Thank you, I don't have the backup of the console, so i going to start with the old method.
Thank you for your help.
Well bad news, I cant downgrade with the old method because I was unable to get the bis keys.
So I have a new question, can I buy a new emmc card and replace it, I read that this is possible only by forming the emmc? Or this can't be done?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you, but I it was impossible when I start to dump the keys I have an error, i guess is because it has the 9 fuse burnt, I think it will be a comple

Well bad news, I cant downgrade with the old method because I was unable to get the bis keys.
So I have a new question, can I buy a new emmc card and replace it, I read that this is possible only by forming the emmc? Or this can't be done?

Okay, so waiting is the only option then. A new emmc won't work afaik

Box_77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have updated my switch from 4.01 (the original firmware when i bought it new), directly to 6.2 using choixdujour. Theres No nand backup. A friend used it last week-end and updated to 7.0 on wifi with nintendo. So of course Reinx dont work now what can i do ?? Thank you

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have updated my switch from 4.01 (the original firmware when i bought it new), directly to 6.2 using choixdujour. Theres No nand backup. A friend used it last week-end and updated to 7.0 on wifi with nintendo. So of course Reinx dont work now what can i do ?? Thank you

Wait... unless you want to use the old method which is alot more dangerous and requires alot of reading and patience

This is why we do backups

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)