Tutorial  Updated

Switch 7.0 Downgrade to 6.2 tutorial

Update: Since Atmosphere has released with 7.0.X support, To downgrade without a backup, just use ChoidujourNX.
For those with backups you can still follow the method below

After seeing reports of downgrading back to 6.2 been broken after updating to switch firmware version 7.0, I can confirm these to be false. I successfully downgraded my switch with 9 burnt fuses on 7.0 to 6.2 with 9 burnt fuses

Downgrading to 6.2 is possible and not broken. Both boot0/boot1 must be the same version as nand backup

• Step 1) Place 6.2 nand + boot0/1 backup on sd card
  • Step 2) Boot into RCM and launch hekate
  • Step 3) Restore boot 0/1
  • Step 4) Restore GPP Partitions (or rawnand, I personally used GPP Partitions)
  • Step 5) Launch CFW using Hekate 4.6 or ReiNX 2.0 or sxos (haven't tested with fusee-primary)
  • Step 6) ????
  • Step 7) Profit

EDIT: This is for FG consoles not ipatched
EDIT 2: You will loose any saves you don't have backed up

Will upload proof if people desperately wish

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

Dev_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
hey, thanks for the donwgrade tutorial, i succesfully downgraded hte switch to 6.2 , i had only resotred the boot0/1 and system partion (i dont have bkp for user partion ) the switch booted fine into cfw but when the consol goes into sleep mod im stuck there i tried to use hekate (copied the bootloader folder and injected the hekate payload added cfw payload too in bootloader/payload ...) but i think im missing somthing ... any idea ?
thanks in advance ^^!

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey, thanks for the donwgrade tutorial, i succesfully downgraded hte switch to 6.2 , i had only resotred the boot0/1 and system partion (i dont have bkp for user partion ) the switch booted fine into cfw but when the consol goes into sleep mod im stuck there i tried to use hekate (copied the bootloader folder and injected the hekate payload added cfw payload too in bootloader/payload ...) but i think im missing somthing ... any idea ?
thanks in advance ^^!

Use latest hekate, if using reinx make sure reinx is the latest payload (if chaninloading through hekate update that) make sure it isn't on the sd root.

Same with atmo

Dev_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Use latest hekate, if using reinx make sure reinx is the latest payload (if chaninloading through hekate update that) make sure it isn't on the sd root.

Same with atmo
thanks for the fast replay, im using the last hekate i guess (the 4.6 right ? ), otherwise im not really understanding you well ... but here's what i did / use
cfw atmo 0.8.1
hekate 4.6
atmo payload in sd:/bootloader/payload/fuse-primary.bin

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thanks for the fast replay, im using the last hekate i guess (the 4.6 right ? ), otherwise im not really understanding you well ... but here's what i did / use
cfw atmo 0.8.1
hekate 4.6
atmo payload in sd:/bootloader/payload/fuse-primary.bin

okay, hekate 4.6 is the latest, what you need to do is update the fusee-primary.bin in that location and the fusee secondary on the root of your sd card

if that doesn't work, try kosmos

Dev_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
okay, hekate 4.6 is the latest, what you need to do is update the fusee-primary.bin in that location and the fusee secondary on the root of your sd card

if that doesn't work, try kosmos
the fuse secondary already on the root but ill give a try with kosmos tomorrow morning and keep you informed with the result.
thanks men for the help ! and have a nice day ^^!

SaUzEr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Yes but it's not recommended
Hi,

what is the exact reason for not recommending it?

Possible brick? Possible ban if used connected to net?

No possibility to go back to official horizon once downgraded?

thanks
SaUzEr

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry but why all this noise if 7.0.0 is open?
PK11: 434FA7D07A8D4FDFD8630AC40FF9BC697E0DE40E0041E225F154BEB9571044E9
Master key: 4EC96B8CB01B8DCE382149443430B2B6EBCB2983348AFA04A25E53609DABEDF6
does anyone confirm?

I was wondering the same... :)

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

what is the exact reason for not recommending it?

Possible brick? Possible ban if used connected to net?

No possibility to go back to official horizon once downgraded?

thanks
SaUzEr

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was wondering the same... :)

It is complex with a high chance of bricking (possibly permanent) if you do it wrong. running CFW triggers a ban flag if you aren't careful, even if you revert to stock, the ban flag is still there

those are just the hashes, not the actual key, we can't do anything with the hash

SaUzEr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
It is complex with a high chance of bricking (possibly permanent) if you do it wrong. running CFW triggers a ban flag if you aren't careful, even if you revert to stock, the ban flag is still there

Got it, thanks for your prompt answer.

those are just the hashes, not the actual key, we can't do anything with the hash

Yeah, I just realized a sec after posting :) :) :)

PrEtZaL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Downgrading using choidujour from 7 to 6.1 works fine, there's no reason not to do it. Using a nand backup instead is easier sure. But choidujour isn't complicated. Rajkosto updated biskeydump now for v7.
I restored from 7 to 6.1 with no issues as I was curious then updated to 6.2 again with choidujournx.

Still a lot of people out there using cfw without a clue how the switch works on a fundamental level.

Of course you can restore a nand, if you're in RCM.

Last edited by PrEtZaL,
Reactions: SaUzEr

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Downgrading using choidujour from 7 to 6.1 works fine, there's no reason not to do it. Using a nand backup instead is easier sure. But choidujour isn't complicated the only issue you will have doing it this way is if you've not already obtained your BISKEYS.

I restored from 7 to 6.1 with no issues as I was curious then updated to 6.2 again with choidujournx.

Still a lot of people out there using cfw without a clue how the switch works on a fundamental level.

Of course you can restore a nand, if you're in RCM.

You see compare choidujour to placing files on sd card and pressing a few button on the switch once you've launched hekate, in comparison it's complicated

The only issue is if you don't have your biskeys. Wrong, flat out wrong, people skim over stuff and follow it without direction, they do this with the text guides same with video guides, that's why so many consoles ended up bricked, even when show what to do.

It is possible to downgrade without first having your biskeys (I know cause I've done it) it's even more complicated than simply downgrading

you are overestimating people, ergo why it's suggested to restore with a full nand backup or just wait for 7.0 support

PrEtZaL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You see compare choidujour to placing files on sd card and pressing a few button on the switch once you've launched hekate, in comparison it's complicated

The only issue is if you don't have your biskeys. Wrong, flat out wrong, people skim over stuff and follow it without direction, they do this with the text guides same with video guides, that's why so many consoles ended up bricked, even when show what to do.

It is possible to downgrade without first having your biskeys (I know cause I've done it) it's even more complicated than simply downgrading

you are overestimating people, ergo why it's suggested to restore with a full nand backup or just wait for 7.0 support

How would you mount your partitions and write to them without BISKEYS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    idk my ikea bed is just fine
    comfy too
    same with the markus office chair
    sure, they make cheap crap, but they make good stuff too
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, they make cheap crap, but they make good stuff too