JeppR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi!
I have a brand new Switch v.2017 with original 4.0.1 and I'm undecided on what to do.
My goal is to keep away the console from a future ban when I'll (maybe) remove the CFW in the future. For now i want to have latest CFW with last FW...
After a full nand backup of 4.0.1, I want to activate AutoRCM mode and to start emucfw with 90dns and Incognito active (this only on emunand).

Doing this I'll have:
- Full clean backup of 4.0.1 stored on my cloud;
- Sysnand on 4.0.1;
- Emunand on 11.0.1 (in future i'll update with ChoidNX)
- Latest Deepsea;
- GC card disabled (due to gcslot efuses and the NOGC option active...i don't care about this)

If I were to remain with these conditions, would I risk anything?
Or it would be better to update both sys and emu to 11.0.1?

Last edited by JeppR,

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You risk nothing, but gain nothing. The idea of staying on low firmware originally was for coldbooting purposes. On firmware 4.0.1 your never going to be able to online game, use the eshop, or pretty much do anything. If at some point a coldboot method is released your not going to be able to boot directly from official firmware directly to CFW without risking a ban.
If you wan’t a coldboot install a trinket, they can boot directly to a payload & give you the option of OFW, CFW, Android, Ubuntu... etc. A software method will never compare.
If you really wan’t to keep the low firmware, you could create a second emummc to use online. Not much is really gained in doing this though other than additional unnecessary steps.

Reactions: JeppR

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Switch that are from v.1 with Splatoon 2 edition which is on 3.0.0. firmware i used choroNX my emu is 10.2.0 and atmosphere is 0.15. everything great i would keep my sysnad at 3.0.0 :)

Reactions: JeppR

JeppR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have Switch that are from v.1 with Splatoon 2 edition which is on 3.0.0. firmware i used choroNX my emu is 10.2.0 and atmosphere is 0.15. everything great i would keep my sysnad at 3.0.0 :)

In this way the only thing that you loose is the GC function right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo