ROM Hack ShiverBot - Splatoon 3 memory editor using sys-botbase

PressFinTheChat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I was one of the ones caught in the first ban wave and was hoping to get a new non cfw switch in the future. i just need a couple of answers
1) Will I get banned if I opened splat 3 on the console?
2) Will I even be able to play splat 3 on the conesole?
3) Will I get banned if I used my main account on the switch? (account that caught in the banwave)
I know this info was covered a while ago, including info on how to merge data onto new accounts. I just need to confirm because im a little wuss lmfao.
1) No, you already got console banned and they won't extend the ban to other consoles unless you hack again
2) You can play the game, but you'll need to use another Nintendo Account as your previous one is permanently banned from Splatoon 3. You don't need to buy the game again, the old copy will work even if it is digital
3) I've been using the account that was caught in the ban wave for months now on a new console (with CFW, even) and I have not been banned from anything other than Splatoon 3

Reactions: FRKN4O and sewshi

PANMOCHI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I finally got it to see the 2.0.1 update seeds! Thanks to @Taishiro for the tips on how your program works.

Add the attached .txt to the addresses folder in the ShiverBot directory, and restart the program if it was opened.

1. Open the updated Splatoon 3 on your Switch and ShiverBot on your computer.
  2. Connect ShiverBot to the Switch. The program will nag you about being incompatible with the update. Ignore that.
  3. Press the "meta" button in the Advanced section. Take note of the "Build ID".
  4. Create a txt file in the addresses folder and name it with the "Build ID" you got in the last step (if you are creating the file for any other language that is not US English, you have to use language code from the next step like this: buildid.languagecode.txt).
  5. Following the structure of the other files in that folder, fill up the Splatoon version, the language code (here's the list of codes) and the gearBase address.
  6. To get the gearBase value, you have to run Edizon-SE alongside Splatoon 3 on your Switch. Choose "Search in RAM",set Type as "u32", Mode as "==", and Region as "HEAP". Then search in Hex the seed of any headgear you know the value and go to the Memory Editor.
  7. Once you get there, open this image made by @belliq. This is the gear structure. Check if the values in the screen are the same of the gear you searched the value. (List of gear and their internal IDs)
  8. Go up until you find the first gear in memory. It'll probably have the internal ID 1 (White Headband). Make sure it's the first gear in memory, if you go up more from there it will mostly be 00000000 in the memory.
  9. Go to the address with the EXP value of the first gear in memory. Write down the address shown of that value, it's shown on the top left of the screen. (It will be something like "Heap+00BE23CAC8")
  10. Back in your computer, write in the gearBase field the address you got in the last step, minus the "Heap+00" part. (following the last example, "BE23CAC8")
  11. Save the txt file and start ShiverBot again. It should work again now.

I'm thinking about forking ShiverBot, I have some ideas for new, safe features to improve to continue the project. Stay tuned, I'll post here if I end up doing it. :)

IMPORTANT! There's always a risk involved in running Custom Firmware and connecting to Nintendo servers. You never know what they can detect. There has been already Splatoon banwaves caused by modying the RAM values inside the game. They could be also checking if sys-botbase is running in the background. The console sends periodically logs to Nintendo, so even running Atmosphere can trigger a console ban.
My advice to run ShiverBot, and anything CFW/homebrew related, while still playing online is:
Create an emuNAND and use it to do all CFW stuff, while keeping the sysNAND untouched. To use ShiverBot, extract the save file from the sysNAND (I use NxNandManager and Hekate, but I'm sure there are easier ways to do it) and put the save file in the emuNAND which has blocked connections with Nintendo and blank the console serial numbers (incognito-rcm or modifying Exosphere). This is more tedious to do, but this way you'll be completely safe).
Hi! I am looking for a Gear Seed address for Ver 3.0.0. Is there any new information?

halfashark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys. I was one of the ones caught in the first ban wave and was hoping to get a new non cfw switch in the future. i just need a couple of answers
1) Will I get banned if I opened splat 3 on the console?
2) Will I even be able to play splat 3 on the conesole?
3) Will I get banned if I used my main account on the switch? (account that caught in the banwave)
I know this info was covered a while ago, including info on how to merge data onto new accounts. I just need to confirm because im a little wuss lmfao.
You'll be fine but you will need to make a new user with its own nintendo account. Nintendo probably allows this because they really enjoy the idea of a script kiddie using another hacker's tools "learning their lesson" and paying for a whole-ass 2nd switch.
Hi! I am looking for a Gear Seed address for Ver 3.0.0. Is there any new information?
The guide they have in the collapsable portion of the post you quoted should still work. It isn't terribly difficult to muddle through.

DeKu Skrub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file in this post from before seems to work
This was VERY time consuming but it works so i hope yall enjoy it
They happened to leave in a couple of blank lines underneath the gearBase line in the text file, just delete those and Shiverbot should be working again

sewshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I was one of the guys caught in the banwave. Small question, i got a new switch. I play splat 3 on an alt account. and my main account is still connected to the new console. This shows up when i try to play splat 3. (file) I know to absolutely not upload the cloud save to the console or it will get banned. Should i let this cloud save linger around a bit? Or should i back up the current console save. (All console data was wiped) Info: The cloud save is my dirty save from using shiverbot

Attachments

• 16868743106167363818660052169195.jpg
    16868743106167363818660052169195.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 46

sewshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I was one of the guys caught in the banwave. Small question, i got a new switch. I play splat 3 on an alt account. and my main account is still connected to the new console. This shows up when i try to play splat 3. (file) I know to absolutely not upload the cloud save to the console or it will get banned. Should i let this cloud save linger around a bit? Or should i back up the current console save. (All console data was wiped) Info: The cloud save is my dirty save from using shiverbot
Followup: I just deleted the cloud save. Now im wondering how i can transfer splatoon 2 save data from a banned console to a save console without using cfw. Just sd cards

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
@Mhetralla @Taishiro Hi! I tried the program post printer function... it does kinda work, but for soem reason posts are not completely printed. I think it's related to the screen when the virtual controller connects, it starts pressing a multiple times and those inputs are lost when it starts printing the image, is there a way to fix this? Thanks

Last edited by CrazySquid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol