Hey guys. I was one of the ones caught in the first ban wave and was hoping to get a new non cfw switch in the future. i just need a couple of answers
1) Will I get banned if I opened splat 3 on the console?
2) Will I even be able to play splat 3 on the conesole?
3) Will I get banned if I used my main account on the switch? (account that caught in the banwave)
I know this info was covered a while ago, including info on how to merge data onto new accounts. I just need to confirm because im a little wuss lmfao.
1) No, you already got console banned and they won't extend the ban to other consoles unless you hack again
2) You can play the game, but you'll need to use another Nintendo Account as your previous one is permanently banned from Splatoon 3. You don't need to buy the game again, the old copy will work even if it is digital
3) I've been using the account that was caught in the ban wave for months now on a new console (with CFW, even) and I have not been banned from anything other than Splatoon 3
I finally got it to see the 2.0.1 update seeds! Thanks to @Taishiro for the tips on how your program works.
Add the attached .txt to the addresses folder in the ShiverBot directory, and restart the program if it was opened.
Open the updated Splatoon 3 on your Switch and ShiverBot on your computer.
Connect ShiverBot to the Switch. The program will nag you about being incompatible with the update. Ignore that.
Press the "meta" button in the Advanced section. Take note of the "Build ID".
Create a txt file in the addresses folder and name it with the "Build ID" you got in the last step (if you are creating the file for any other language that is not US English, you have to use language code from the next step like this: buildid.languagecode.txt).
Following the structure of the other files in that folder, fill up the Splatoon version, the language code (here's the list of codes) and the gearBase address.
To get the gearBase value, you have to run Edizon-SE alongside Splatoon 3 on your Switch. Choose "Search in RAM",set Type as "u32", Mode as "==", and Region as "HEAP". Then search in Hex the seed of any headgear you know the value and go to the Memory Editor.
Go up until you find the first gear in memory. It'll probably have the internal ID 1 (White Headband). Make sure it's the first gear in memory, if you go up more from there it will mostly be 00000000 in the memory.
Go to the address with the EXP value of the first gear in memory. Write down the address shown of that value, it's shown on the top left of the screen. (It will be something like "Heap+00BE23CAC8")
Back in your computer, write in the gearBase field the address you got in the last step, minus the "Heap+00" part. (following the last example, "BE23CAC8")
Save the txt file and start ShiverBot again. It should work again now.
I'm thinking about forking ShiverBot, I have some ideas for new, safe features to improve to continue the project. Stay tuned, I'll post here if I end up doing it.
IMPORTANT! There's always a risk involved in running Custom Firmware and connecting to Nintendo servers. You never know what they can detect. There has been already Splatoon banwaves caused by modying the RAM values inside the game. They could be also checking if sys-botbase is running in the background. The console sends periodically logs to Nintendo, so even running Atmosphere can trigger a console ban.
My advice to run ShiverBot, and anything CFW/homebrew related, while still playing online is: Create an emuNAND and use it to do all CFW stuff, while keeping the sysNAND untouched. To use ShiverBot, extract the save file from the sysNAND (I use NxNandManager and Hekate, but I'm sure there are easier ways to do it) and put the save file in the emuNAND which has blocked connections with Nintendo and blank the console serial numbers (incognito-rcm or modifying Exosphere). This is more tedious to do, but this way you'll be completely safe).
Hey guys. I was one of the ones caught in the first ban wave and was hoping to get a new non cfw switch in the future. i just need a couple of answers
1) Will I get banned if I opened splat 3 on the console?
2) Will I even be able to play splat 3 on the conesole?
3) Will I get banned if I used my main account on the switch? (account that caught in the banwave)
I know this info was covered a while ago, including info on how to merge data onto new accounts. I just need to confirm because im a little wuss lmfao.
You'll be fine but you will need to make a new user with its own nintendo account. Nintendo probably allows this because they really enjoy the idea of a script kiddie using another hacker's tools "learning their lesson" and paying for a whole-ass 2nd switch.
They happened to leave in a couple of blank lines underneath the gearBase line in the text file, just delete those and Shiverbot should be working again
for those who only want their gear and gacha seed, leanyoshi released another method that will only take your save data to get everything https://leanny.github.io/splat3seedchecker/#/tutorial (scroll down to bottom)
Hey guys. I was one of the guys caught in the banwave. Small question, i got a new switch. I play splat 3 on an alt account. and my main account is still connected to the new console. This shows up when i try to play splat 3. (file) I know to absolutely not upload the cloud save to the console or it will get banned. Should i let this cloud save linger around a bit? Or should i back up the current console save. (All console data was wiped) Info: The cloud save is my dirty save from using shiverbot
Hey guys. I was one of the guys caught in the banwave. Small question, i got a new switch. I play splat 3 on an alt account. and my main account is still connected to the new console. This shows up when i try to play splat 3. (file) I know to absolutely not upload the cloud save to the console or it will get banned. Should i let this cloud save linger around a bit? Or should i back up the current console save. (All console data was wiped) Info: The cloud save is my dirty save from using shiverbot
Followup: I just deleted the cloud save. Now im wondering how i can transfer splatoon 2 save data from a banned console to a save console without using cfw. Just sd cards
@Mhetralla@Taishiro Hi! I tried the program post printer function... it does kinda work, but for soem reason posts are not completely printed. I think it's related to the screen when the virtual controller connects, it starts pressing a multiple times and those inputs are lost when it starts printing the image, is there a way to fix this? Thanks
Does this thing still work? I know I used splathex in splat 2 to edit food and drink tickets since those were saved offline. Is there anything you can do without a big ban risk that aren't trivial things like editing you post in plaza.
Does this thing still work? I know I used splathex in splat 2 to edit food and drink tickets since those were saved offline. Is there anything you can do without a big ban risk that aren't trivial things like editing you post in plaza.
Nothing can be edited without getting a ban. One of my throw-away switch got the full switch ban just for hacking Splatoon 3 instead of giving me the software online ban.
I was someone who was banned initially from gearhacks when the game came out. Only splatoon 3 on my main account was banned and nothing else. With Nintendo updating TOS and the switch 2 coming out I want to get a second opinion of if it’s okay to transfer my account and data to the switch 2 or if I should just start from scratch with a new account to avoid any possible further consequence.
I was someone who was banned initially from gearhacks when the game came out. Only splatoon 3 on my main account was banned and nothing else. With Nintendo updating TOS and the switch 2 coming out I want to get a second opinion of if it’s okay to transfer my account and data to the switch 2 or if I should just start from scratch with a new account to avoid any possible further consequence.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...