Hacking Swiss announced by emu_kidid - Successor of SD-Boot

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no where else to air this idea though.
if we could somehow get a version of SWISS that supported comand line arguments for autobooting of a specified file, we could create 'iso forwarders' for GC games ina similar fashion as for wiiware with 'WAD2ISO'. that would be GREAT! being able to select a GC game from a loader right next to the other titles. is there any way of 'passing' this idea to emu_kidd?? im sure someone could whip up a version of swiss booter for us wii users that could pass the game launching arguments to the swiss dol, correct? this would be a great step forward!

QueenKong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's a good idea, i'd love to boot my games with Wiiflow this way !
laugh.gif

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks again to emu_kidid.

Release 29 works great for me, and now I could play Pokemon Box with SD-Gecko set-up.

And this is the video and steps (in the video description) that I use with Wii SM 4.3U in case
anyone wants to try this application launched by SD Media Launcher (i.e. no need to install
custom MIOS with this approach).

[youtube]byez3ELXfL0[/youtube]

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
Swiss 0.1r29 doesn't load any games for me with my Wii, WiiGamecubeHomebrewLoader & SDGecko set-up.

I can access my SD card, but whenever I try to boot an ISO/GCM file, it analyzes it, says it should play without pre-patching, but gives "Error: OK" after the apploader kicks in.

SD-Boot is still working fine though, so don't really understand the problem...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My SD-gecko arrived in the mail today.
biggrin.gif

Took a bit of fiddling to get it all to work, but I guess that's to be expected.

Once I got the swiss menu up, I had the following two errors in a row:

1. error: ok (this was when my backup DVD from Zelda: wind waker just so happened to be in the drive)
2. error: lid open (this was when no disc was in the drive)

...then it finally booted if I just put a (retail) gamecube in it. It'll probably work with with any non-backup DVD (or at least gamecube game) in the drive. I know this program is aimed for the gamecube, but it looks like something that isn't too hard to fix (a simple "ignore lid warning" stance or something...you can't really close it on a wii, right?).
smile.gif

Still: thanks a lot, emu-kidid!
bow.gif

...and to you too, wiipower. If it wasn't for your swiss booter, I wouldn't be able to play F-zero from sd-card either.
smile.gif

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I can't get Swiss working on my Wii with my SD Gecko...
This is what i have:

-Wii 4.2E with Wiikey V1
-SD Gecko with a FAT16 formatted 2GB SD Card
-SD Boot 0.4 and swiss on the SD card
-An NGC iso on the SD Card

This is what i did and what worked:
-Loaded the SDLoad.dol from the WiiKey config disc.
-Loaded SD Boot from SDLoad, from my SD Gecko in slot A
-Loaded my NGC iso: it worked!

Then:
-Loaded Swiss from SDLoad
-Get the Select Device menu
-I select: SD Gecko -> Compatible mode -> Slot A
Nothing appears...and i always have the select device menu...
Tried to boot from slot B but it's not better...

What can I do?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm struggling with things myself, but...have you tried Wiipower's swiss booter?
(and for that, swiss itself needs to be named "gecko:\swiss.dol" or "gecko\apps\Swiss\swiss.dol")

As for my own problems...I couldn't get any game but F-zero GX and burnout to work. Other games 'worked', but the screen blacks out. It resembles me of back when I used a wii-to-vga cable for my wii (gamecube games only worked if they support progressive scan). Forcing it to PAL60 or any other mode my TV supports doesn't help.

Yuan said:
Tested, no lucky using progressive scan on my games. At least F-Zero GX is 100% playable now.
I noticed this as well. Do you mind if I ask a few questions?

-do you have a PAL or an NTSC wii?
-are you running PAL or NTSC games?
-do you use any component cables or other non-standard cables to connect your wii?
-do you happen to know if these games work on sd-boot?

(also for others who have this issue)

(for those interested: I have a PAL wii, using PAL games with component cables...haven't checked things with standard cables or sd-boot yet)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The component cables are the problem for now. In some cases the video mode option might help you, but until it's improved, you will need the crap cables for lots of games. Fixing it is on the list, but a lot of stuff is too, so don't expect it too soon.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I can get it to work with the default cables, I don't mind a fix is a low priority.
smile.gif

I'll check tonight with default cables.

EDIT after trying:
aaaargh!!!! My eyes!!! default cables are soooo badddddddd!!!!
cry.gif

...but in all seriousness: it works fine now.
yaywii.gif

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wever said:
If I can get it to work with the default cables, I don't mind a fix is a low priority.
smile.gif

I'll check tonight with default cables.

EDIT after trying:
aaaargh!!!! My eyes!!! default cables are soooo badddddddd!!!!
cry.gif

...but in all seriousness: it works fine now.
yaywii.gif
Have you tried changing your video mode from 480p to 480i?
I can use the component cable just fine, as long as I use it like a normal cable.

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One work around i've found with using component cables to fix either a black screen (when you can hear the game audio in the background) or messed up colours with lag, is as the game has booted, hit the reset button on the Wii, it just soft resets the GC game not the entire Wii and sometimes this Fixes it, it doesnt always work everytime, but i've used this with Mario Sunshine (pal) and Zelda Collectors Edition (pal) and some others.

The-Lion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't get Swiss to boot! Should it just boot when you don't have a SD gecko? I have a Wiikey SD Card Adapter. It works, I can load homebrew of it in The Homebrew Channel. But I can't get in the Swiss menu.

I have tried with:
WiiXplorer --> Black screen
Gamecube Homebrew Launcher --> error
Swiss Booter --> reset

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, maybe try with SD Gecko removed, you can plug it in after booting Swiss. If you still can't get into Swiss at all, you have major problem, like maybe no cMIOS installed or the wrong one.

The-Lion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, that worked.

However, I can't get Def Jam Fight for New York to boot. Just a green screen.
It's the only game I tried, and didn't patch it, it said it probably wasn't needed.

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
I still can't get this to work...

All that happens for me is that it resets my wii.

I have v10 mIOS.

I have put the swiss.dol on the front SD in the same folder as the Swiss Booter, I've put on the SDGecko. Used a 2GB card, and a 8GB card. I've tried running it from wii explorer as Gamecube Homebew from the front SD.

Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...