Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Krestent said:
cobleman said:
Where can i get swiss for WII?
swiss-0.1-r2 gives me an error not a wii app
It doesn't exist as a Wii app. You have to boot it with WiiPower's Swiss Booter.

I have my own question: Anyone know why a working ISO of Mario Kart DD gives me a green screen?

Is it a PAL .iso? Tried PAL50 and NTSC as video modes?

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Krestent said:
cobleman said:
Where can i get swiss for WII?
swiss-0.1-r2 gives me an error not a wii app
It doesn't exist as a Wii app. You have to boot it with WiiPower's Swiss Booter.

I have my own question: Anyone know why a working ISO of Mario Kart DD gives me a green screen?

Is it a PAL .iso? Tried PAL50 and NTSC as video modes?
i have an ntsc copy of this game. should i rip it, and test it?

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
So lets get it straight ...

If I buy IDE-EXI Adapter, and put it in Wii GC Slot 2, MemCard in GC Slot 1, attach IDE drive with some games, .... what else do I need to try it out ?

How to lounch Swiiss .... any DVD-R or somethin else to boot in GC mode and launch it....

How to use it with SD Gecko ? ....

Definitly needed some "for dummies" instructions how to use it on "virgin GC" (it been long time since I had GC so I forgot almoust all) .... and/or on Wii with posibility to fully work in GC mode (chipped or cMios)....

I have chipped Wii so I can play GC Games from DVD-R... I used to use Wiininja GCOS for GC games from other regions which does not work straight from Wii Menu (I had WiiNinja, .... that Wii broke, so I have another but with D2CKey (mainly used for GC DVD-R) + SoftMode for Wii Games) ....

PS. I regret that I sell my GC and MaxDrive Pro which use for backups and other region games ... just to buy Wii ....

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
kmihalj said:

If I buy IDE-EXI Adapter, and put it in Wii GC Slot 2, MemCard in GC Slot 1, attach IDE drive with some games, .... what else do I need to try it out ?

How to lounch Swiiss .... any DVD-R or somethin else to boot in GC mode and launch it....

Definitly needed some "for dummies" instructions how to use it on "virgin GC" (it been long time since I had GC so I forgot almoust all) .... and/or on Wii with posibility to fully work in GC mode (chipped or cMios)....

I have chipped Wii so I can play GC Games from DVD-R... I used to use Wiininja GCOS for GC games from other regions which does not work straight from Wii Menu (I had WiiNinja, .... that Wii broke, so I have another but with D2CKey (mainly used for GC DVD-R) + SoftMode for Wii Games) ....

PS. I regret that I sell my GC and MaxDrive Pro which use for backups and other region games ... jut to buy Wii ....

Agreed, a tutorial would be awesome...

I actually have the maxDrive Pro, but i would preffer making the games run from the SD Gecko

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hero-Link said:
kmihalj said:

PS. I regret that I sell my GC and MaxDrive Pro which use for backups and other region games ... jut to buy Wii ....

Agreed, a tutorial would be awesome...

I actually have the maxDrive Pro, but i would preffer making the games run from the SD Gecko

Install cmios (wiigator's or waninkoko)
download the latest swiss DOL and place it on the root of the sd (the one that goes in the sd-gecko)
download wii swiss booter and extract it to your apps folder
place an iso or gcm on the sd card (that goes in the sd-gecko)
run swiss wii booter select the game and press boot.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Waninkoko's cMIOS does NOT support loading GC homebrew, there's a bug in v5, maybe the older too. I received a beta for v6 once which fixed the bug, but it was never released.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EXI-IDE bus adapter, SD Gecko and USB Gecko on the way. Plus now I have an excuse to get one of those transparent blue cases.
ph34r.gif

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
farcry15 said:
Install cmios (wiigator's or waninkoko)
download the latest swiss DOL and place it on the root of the sd (the one that goes in the sd-gecko)
download wii swiss booter and extract it to your apps folder
place an iso or gcm on the sd card (that goes in the sd-gecko)
run swiss wii booter select the game and press boot.

thanks, but i actually meant tutorial for the GC version! since i have my wii and gamecube in different location in my house
smile.gif

cheers!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiPower said:
Hmm, and what's without DMA? Or front sd loading? If the front sd was accessible from ppc with mem1, then sd loading should be doable, right?

Do you have an easy test for me if AHBPROT is set in GC mode? What should work with it, what would fail without?

PS: I'm asking because i set AHBPROT for the tmd in my cMIOS, but i'm 90% sure it does not work

MIOS will set AHBPROT itself to setup for GC mode, so you probably would have to patch the code.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
smf said:
WiiPower said:
Hmm, and what's without DMA? Or front sd loading? If the front sd was accessible from ppc with mem1, then sd loading should be doable, right?

Do you have an easy test for me if AHBPROT is set in GC mode? What should work with it, what would fail without?

PS: I'm asking because i set AHBPROT for the tmd in my cMIOS, but i'm 90% sure it does not work

MIOS will set AHBPROT itself to setup for GC mode, so you probably would have to patch the code.

I don't think patching the code would be a big problem, as that's what i'm doing already to get DVD-Rs to load. If i had an example for front sd card access in a gamecube homebrew, then maybe even i could write a GC front sd loader.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hopefully, someone will port this or even create a wii version since it is already open source. I'd love to play GC games on the Wii. Everybody does. haha. We're going to have a GC iso loader on the Wii... yay! xDDDD with more compatibility of course since SD-Boot already can do this.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ov3rkill said:
Hopefully, someone will port this or even create a wii version since it is already open source. I'd love to play GC games on the Wii. Everybody does. haha. We're going to have a GC iso loader on the Wii... yay! xDDDD with more compatibility of course since SD-Boot already can do this.

You can use a couple methods to boot this.
You can use Wiipower's Swiss booter or the way I do it is. Burn the GeckoOS 1.06d gamecube edition to a dvd, boot that through the wii menu, then load Swiss through the Geckoload.exe using your USB-Gecko or SD-Gecko.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you use this to boot Gamecube ISOs from a USB drive if you have a USB Gecko? Or does the USB Gecko not work as a USB Host Device? Also, is there SDHC support or is it limited to 2GB SD cards?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nl255 said:
Can you use this to boot Gamecube ISOs from a USB drive if you have a USB Gecko? Or does the USB Gecko not work as a USB Host Device?
No. It doesn't work that way.

Also, is there SDHC support or is it limited to 2GB SD cards?
Nope. If you read the first post you would see that it works with SDHC

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Swiss will be updated eventually to load games via usb gecko, but it will require a PC connected the whole time.

snake2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just played a round of double dash on swiss I patched it with pre-patcher booted swiss from a DVD-R and it loaded fine I am using a NTSC rip on a NTSC Wii, I have a homemade SD card adapter.

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tested a few games here are my results
Code:
16gb SDHC all discs dumped from retail ntsc with cleandump
tested on ntsc wii(wiigator cmios v4 based)
swiss 0.1 r24

kirby air ride
freezes after pressing start at 'press start' screen
no sound during intro movie @32 mhz
sound works but is glitchy @16 mhz

mario party 7
boots fine but freezes after selecting profile @32 mhz
freezes just before loading minigame after character selection(i just tested minigame mode)

mario kart double dash
working, some slowdown in menus and videos
not much difference between 16/32 mhz

F-Zero gx
works, expect slowdown and sound glitches in menus and videos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.