Hacking Sweet-Talking Nintendo about Reapiring my Wii?

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be nice if they did though... oh and G2K remember when you get your wii back from nintendo.. INSTALL PRELOADER .29...

THIS HAS SAVED MY ASS MORE THAN ONCE!
It really comes in handy when you bannerbrick your wii all the time by messing with custom made injected wads.

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:
be nice if they did though... oh and G2K remember when you get your wii back from nintendo.. INSTALL PRELOADER .29...

It really comes in handy when you bannerbrick your wii all the time by messing with custom made injected wads.

Yeah, I dont remeber if I said it in this thread or in another, but I had preloader installed. Then I downgraded to 3.2 then back up to 4.0. I completely forgot that it reinstalls IOS60, which is what preloader uses. The sad thing is that before I installed the evil wad, I thought I should check to make sure preloader worked, but I had seen it work before, so I didn't check.

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G2K said:
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:

Yeah, I dont remeber if I said it in this thread or in another, but I had preloader installed. Then I downgraded to 3.2 then back up to 4.0. I completely forgot that it reinstalls IOS60, which is what preloader uses. The sad thing is that before I installed the evil wad, I thought I should check to make sure preloader worked, but I had seen it work before, so I didn't check.
you may have said this already too and I missed it... but what was the "EVIL" wad?

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Minor update... According to the status page, they've reeived the Wii. Last time this was the point where they told me that I had opened the Wii, so so far so good?

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wow...

I need to wait until I get home to see any comments on the Nintendo page (the site's blocked here), but I just got an e-mail and the Wii's been fixed and on it's way back!
biggrin.gif

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If any one still cares...

Just got it back (2 Days Later!?). Apparently, it "couldn't" be fixed. They gave me a new Wii with all of my save data gone (
frown.gif
), but my VC games were transfered. I haven't got a chance to test it yet, but it's serial is LU54. That's a good thing, right? No LU64 or LU65? I'll check the FW and report back.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
If any one still cares...

Just got it back (2 Days Later!?). Apparently, it "couldn't" be fixed. They gave me a new Wii with all of my save data gone (
frown.gif
), but my VC games were transfered. I haven't got a chance to test it yet, but it's serial is LU54. That's a good thing, right? No LU64 or LU65? I'll check the FW and report back.

WTF could not fix it thats a load of shite. Wonder why they said that. Was just a banner brick.
But looks like you got lucky with your new, you jammy fucker. Think I will brick mine just to get a new one with boot2 vulnerable. lol.
Don't brick it again....
tongue.gif

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, so everything works, and the console was on 3.3U
blink.gif

Anyway, I'm a very happy person right now, especially since I'm going to my cottage this weekend and now I'll have something to do! BootMii installed fine to boot2. And I'm thinkin maybe it "couldn't be fixed" because they saw it had the HBC on it and wanted to piss me off, which obviously didn't work! The only thing that irks me a bit is the savefiles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...