Swap Magic 3.8

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by shaned145, Jun 19, 2010.

Jun 19, 2010

Swap Magic 3.8 by shaned145 at 8:37 PM (1,295 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. shaned145
    OP

Newcomer shaned145 Member

United States
    So after having some fun with my DS-lite and buying the AK2i for it, I am now moving onto my PS2 and I want to buy a Swap Magic 3.8 (or is it Swap Coder, eh whatever lol) problem is I dont trust alot of websites that sell them. Cause my friends have been jipped off before. Where can I buy a SM3.8 without getting screwed, and which websites sell them for cheap? Im looking in the $15 - $25 range. I also need a slider (I have a fat ps2), is it best if I ghetto rig one up?

EDIT:
    Oh damn, I hear the 3.8 has compatibility issues with some games. Hmmmm, I guess 3.6 is better then. Well where can I buy a decent priced 3.6? lol

2. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    I was looking around for Swap Magic for ages and couldn't find it anywhere. Do you need it for installing FMCB?

EDIT: Oh, you want it for actually swapping games then...

3. D34DL1N3R

Member D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Either way, I'd use FMCB/ESR to play PS2 backups. Forget about all that swapping crap, just put the disc in and play.
    I can install it for you if you send me your mem card. PM me if you're interested.

Edit: You cannot use FMCB/ESR if you have a SCPH-9XXXX v18 console with BIOS version 220.

4. Livin in a box

United Kingdom
    He's got a fat PS2 so he should be fine with FMCB.

5. shaned145
    OP

Newcomer shaned145 Member

United States
    Well I downloaded FMCB (the noobie package xD) and I'm about to head out to GameStop to pick up a copy of 007 Agent Under Fire to do the swap disc method to install it. Thanks guys for the help on this freebie, I would rather spend $5 on the 007 game to do the swap method (for the first and only time yay lol) and install FMCB and not have to worry about swapping in the future. You guys rock!

6. Livin in a box

United Kingdom
    Yeah, if it doesn't work let me know because that method doesn't work on some PS2's- it didn't work on my Slim, for example.