Hacking SW64 on Wii - Injected S&P VC Channel

kamanashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help. When I go to inject, it copies the 0000000x.app files fine, but once thats over, I get ERROR: Could not find cert folder!

Can someone please explain what I should do?

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version:
-Added support for bannertool.exe for naming the wad channel
-Region patching for the wad channel
-Messages from the tool now begin with @, WARNING, or ERROR

Download

Also, the error message "Could not find cert folder" means the 0001xxxxx folder wasn't created. Make sure you have wadunpacker (BFGR version).

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
creffca said:
New version:
-Added support for bannertool.exe for naming the wad channel
-Region patching for the wad channel
-Messages from the tool now begin with @, WARNING, or ERROR

Download

Also, the error message "Could not find cert folder" means the 0001xxxxx folder wasn't created. Make sure you have wadunpacker (BFGR version).

I still get the error even when I make the folder using wadunpacker.exe manually.
Also use Media Fire, it's a great host

Edit: Just wanted to let you know, I don't get the "Could not find cert folder" error with all WADs. I only get it with a few like Sin & Punishment, Starfox 64, etc.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
creffca said:
Miles, try manually unpacking a wad that fails. Post the name of the folder that it creates.
000100014e414a4e
That's the name I get.
And it doesn't have any .app files in it, just the TMP, CERT, TIK, and TRAILER files.

Also I forgot to mention I get the error "cannont open common-key: No such file or directory" when using wadunpacker.exe manually.
I have key.bin and common-key.bin in the folder, and I also have it under C:/Users/Miles/.wii

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"cannot open common-key" is normal, and the folder shouldn't contain the .app files (that's why we use wadtool to decrypt). The folder name is correct, not sure what else to tell you. Hmm actually my program might be trying to access the folder before it is flushed to disc. I'll look into it.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
creffca said:
"cannot open common-key" is normal, and the folder shouldn't contain the .app files (that's why we use wadtool to decrypt). The folder name is correct, not sure what else to tell you. Hmm actually my program might be trying to access the folder before it is flushed to disc. I'll look into it.
Alright.
Thanks I could help find some of the bugs.
And thanks for the great program.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djblue said:
i put both the wad and the .z64 file in the save folder and then wat ? i use inject but it doesent do anything
Everything you need to know is in the Readme.
It literally gives you step by step instructions.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So could someone post a list of which N64 games have been confirmed working? NTSC -> NTSC injecting? I know SSBB works and Pilotwings 64, but that's about the only N64 games I know.

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that warning isn't as important as it used to be. Essentially my program searches for the .des files created by wadtool and renames them to .app files for input to the wadpacker. If there are any extra .des files laying around the folder my program will get confused and produce an incorrect result. This has been partially remedied by the program deleting any stray .des files during startup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh