Homebrew WIP Svitch - yet another save file extractor :(

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was working on this some weeks ago but then the amazing Checkpoint released for the switch and felt there was no point in continuing development anymore. I don't like to throw away some work so i decided to release it anyway. It is my personal take on the concept of a savefile manager, for now it is very basic and can just extract saves (although the development branch has a function to reimport them back, ready to be released after some testing if someone is interested)

This is not meant to replace Checkpoint which is a full-fledged savefile manager, it's just an alternative because, well...why not? :D
After the links there are some additional informations taken from the README

DOWNLOAD LINK

SOURCE CODE

What is this?

Svitch is a Nintendo Switch savefile extractor, it just scans your system searching for savefiles and lists them at startup, you can then export them to your sd card into a convenient file format called .svi

The .svi file format
After a succesful extraction you will find a .svi files into the export folder on your sd card named after the id of the game you extracted, this is nothing more than a glorified archive which contains your savefile and can be opened natively with every archive manager (such as WinZip, WinRar, 7Zip and so on).

This archive will also contain a svitch_saveheader.svh file. It is not part of your savefile, it contains human-readable additional informations about the save itself and it will also be used by Svitch to import the save back in the system (as soon as the function will be ready).

If you wish to import the .svi files back into your system with the use of a different tool you can easily decompress the archive, scrap away svitch_saveheader.svh and re-import it normally.

What this will do soon?
Svitch will soon have a properly functioning importing function to reimport back your extracted saves. It will also feature a graphical ui instead of the current text-only interface. Svitch will hopefully become a full-fledged savefile manager for Nintendo Switch.

How can i use it?
Just launch it as every other Nintendo Switch's homebrew, you can control it with:

• +/- scrolls through all the savefiles.
  • Y exports the savefile.
  • B exits the software.
Can i compile Svitch from source?
You are encouraged to do so, the master branch provides a convenient Makefile, just clone the repository and launch a make. It also provides a Code::Blocks .cbp file if you like it. You will need:

• The switch devkitpro toolchain installed on your system
  • The freetype switch portlib
Can i help?
Of course you can! I appreciate external helping, you can provide help by

• Reviewing and improving the source code, you are encouraged to fork and request.
  • Testing the software intensively to search for bugs.
  • Help me designing the UI: i will soon need some graphical elements for the gui. Icons, buttons, some basic ui elements. And i'm not confident with graphics. If you do you can contact me.
Can i test this on an emulator?
Although Nintendo Switch emulator currently exists they don't have savefiles support yet and they tend to crash when requesting a savefile. But luckily enough you can compile a version of Svitch that will succesfully launch in an emulator. Compile the source with the command make EMULATOR=1 and you will obtain a binary that can be launched on emulators. You can even scan for (fake) saves. You can contact me for additional information on this.

What if this crashes?
Svitch is still under HEAVY TESTING. As of now a lot of things can go wrong or don't work at all. I appreciate bug reporting: you can find additional informations about failures in a file called log.txt written in the software's root. This will help me debugging the error so please provide it when reporting.

Disclaimer
Svitch will operate on your save file partition, as of now it just reads it (without writing to it) but it is a dangerous operation in any way. It may result in lost or damaged savefiles. For this reason i suggest you to backup your saves with another tool before trying this, this is still in TESTING

How can i download this?
As of now the official Svitch's download location is its Github Release page.

Last edited by Slashcash,

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Does anyone know how to edit the file "8000000000000060" that contains the save of Fallout ?. I can not use checkpoint and I extracted it from HacDiskMount

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to edit the file "8000000000000060" that contains the save of Fallout ?. I can not use checkpoint and I extracted it from HacDiskMount
Is there a reason you can't use Checkpoint? That looks like system save data to me. I *might* be able to help. I'm not 100% sure though.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Is there a reason you can't use Checkpoint? That looks like system save data to me. I *might* be able to help. I'm not 100% sure though.
I do not have SD at the moment. It seems incredible to me that there is not a method that extracts the game from the partition SYSTEM / SAVE / 8000000000000060 weighs about 48.4MB and I want to do it from hacdiskmount.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wish to import the .svi files back into your system with the use of a different tool you can easily decompress the archive, scrap away svitch_saveheader.svh and re-import it normally.
Seems yours is the only program that works on 1.0. So I backup, update, then extract the files, then use checkpoint to restore the files extracted from the svi?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was working on this some weeks ago but then the amazing Checkpoint released for the switch and felt there was no point in continuing development anymore. I don't like to throw away some work so i decided to release it anyway. It is my personal take on the concept of a savefile manager, for now it is very basic and can just extract saves (although the development branch has a function to reimport them back, ready to be released after some testing if someone is interested)

This is not meant to replace Checkpoint which is a full-fledged savefile manager, it's just an alternative because, well...why not? :D
After the links there are some additional informations taken from the README

DOWNLOAD LINK

SOURCE CODE

What is this?

Svitch is a Nintendo Switch savefile extractor, it just scans your system searching for savefiles and lists them at startup, you can then export them to your sd card into a convenient file format called .svi

The .svi file format
After a succesful extraction you will find a .svi files into the export folder on your sd card named after the id of the game you extracted, this is nothing more than a glorified archive which contains your savefile and can be opened natively with every archive manager (such as WinZip, WinRar, 7Zip and so on).

This archive will also contain a svitch_saveheader.svh file. It is not part of your savefile, it contains human-readable additional informations about the save itself and it will also be used by Svitch to import the save back in the system (as soon as the function will be ready).

What this will do soon?
Svitch will soon have a properly functioning importing function to reimport back your extracted saves. It will also feature a graphical ui instead of the current text-only interface. Svitch will hopefully become a full-fledged savefile manager for Nintendo Switch.

How can i use it?
Just launch it as every other Nintendo Switch's homebrew, you can control it with:

• +/- scrolls through all the savefiles.
  • Y exports the savefile.
  • B exits the software.
Can i compile Svitch from source?
You are encouraged to do so, the master branch provides a convenient Makefile, just clone the repository and launch a make. It also provides a Code::Blocks .cbp file if you like it. You will need:

• The switch devkitpro toolchain installed on your system
  • The freetype switch portlib
Can i help?
Of course you can! I appreciate external helping, you can provide help by

• Reviewing and improving the source code, you are encouraged to fork and request.
  • Testing the software intensively to search for bugs.
  • Help me designing the UI: i will soon need some graphical elements for the gui. Icons, buttons, some basic ui elements. And i'm not confident with graphics. If you do you can contact me.
Can i test this on an emulator?
Although Nintendo Switch emulator currently exists they don't have savefiles support yet and they tend to crash when requesting a savefile. But luckily enough you can compile a version of Svitch that will succesfully launch in an emulator. Compile the source with the command make EMULATOR=1 and you will obtain a binary that can be launched on emulators. You can even scan for (fake) saves. You can contact me for additional information on this.

What if this crashes?
Svitch is still under HEAVY TESTING. As of now a lot of things can go wrong or don't work at all. I appreciate bug reporting: you can find additional informations about failures in a file called log.txt written in the software's root. This will help me debugging the error so please provide it when reporting.

Disclaimer
Svitch will operate on your save file partition, as of now it just reads it (without writing to it) but it is a dangerous operation in any way. It may result in lost or damaged savefiles. For this reason i suggest you to backup your saves with another tool before trying this, this is still in TESTING

How can i download this?
As of now the official Svitch's download location is its Github Release page.
Thank you for saving me and my wifes botw saves, if anyone needed to know you just extract the .svi file with 7zip, then on higher firmware, use checkpoint to restore the folder that you get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over