Hacking supercard software takes so much space

kodos84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just opened the "add or remove programs" utility from the control panel and i noticed that the supercard program takes 580 MB of space. Why does it use so much?? It takes as much space as microsoft office and photoshop combined! Has anyone noticed this and is it the same with everyone else?

twomix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
it's windows errorness, or installer errorness?
the one you have to believe is from
c:\program files\sc
right click the folder and choose properties
and see 'size on disk'

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's probably a good chance that you're saving your roms/patched roms within one of the folders in the install path. The way Windows categorizes the size of an install is not by the size of the base install, but by the size of the folder and everything in it that it was installed into.

Example: You install the supercard program to C:\Program Files\Supercard\

Let's just say it takes about 10 megs of space. But then you patch all of your .nds roms, and they are output into the C:\Program Files\Supercard\patched\ folder. Let's say your total amount of roms you patched added up to 570 megs. Windows then looks at the C:\Program Files\Supercard\ folder and sees that its total size is 580 megs (because of the sub-folder). That would explain the reason why Windows thinks it's so large in the Add/Remove Programs list.

That may not be your exact situation, but I think it's close/a pretty good guess.

kodos84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooooooooh, that explains alot. I just thought the size was how much the installed program uses. Thanks guys.

Edit: Hmm, i deleted the files and it still says its 580 MB, even after restarting. Probably just a glitch but its really bugging me.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
maybe you're drunk (haha just kidding) but anyhow you should prolly save you're roms in another folder from now on unless ya want it to happen again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The tots through Tina quotes are Napoleon. No free drinks and the big brown finger are Greasy...