Emulation Supercard mini sd goomba

J3LL0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have a supercard mini sd and i want to play gbc games. i do the goomba tutorial to make them gba files. then i run it through the supercard program. but where it says patch it always fails. do i have to manually patch it? but the games go on my sd and they run on my GB micro. but when i save using the game it doesnt work. when i do L+R it says save state but it still doesnt work. im planning on getting a ez flash iv just need to find a legit vendor.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
H'okay, so there's a few things to address here. The Supercard MiniSD has a built-in version of Goomba Color, where you just put the *.gb and *.gbc files on your card, with an accompanying 64 KB *.sav file, and you use the standard L+R+A+Select button combo to save. However, this is a very old version of Goomba Color ("alpha 6" to be exact), and you probably don't want to use it.

Instead, create a *.gba compilation with the Goomba Frontend like normal. From the PHWiki guide on Goomba Color usage on the Supercard:
If you wish to save normally, without the use of the Real Time Save patch, then run the Goomba compilation through the patcher with only the first "Enable Save" option checked. Copy the resulting file and its .sav file to your card and launch it. Save in-game, press L+R to finalize the save with Goomba, and then use the QPC method of saving.

It looks like you're doing everything correct except for the final step of getting the updated SRAM into the *.sav file via the QPC saving method.

EDIT: For the record, it's okay if the Supercard software says "fail" in the patch status. It's expecting to patch commercial games, not homebrew files like Goomba Color.

J3LL0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I'll try it when I get home.
Any vendor recommendations for a ez flash?

edit. i failed epicly.

MiguelMed

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe this post is too old but I have found this version .dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor. php Version 12-14-2014 (I put the spaces because the forum does not let me use url links)
It works really fine! just uncheck splash screens

Then you need to patch it like a gba game to get the sav 64kb file
Once you are there you can save states in goomba or like a gba game, also for the savestates of goomba you need to make a save like a gba game, so the best option is to make game by game as a gba so your save data is one of one by game.

Hope this still is the interest of you, maybe to re use your old flash card and gba micro, haha.

good luck

Reactions: c2soft

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol