Supercard mini sd goomba

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by J3LL0, Mar 28, 2012.

Mar 28, 2012

Supercard mini sd goomba by J3LL0 at 9:41 PM (5,010 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. J3LL0
    OP

Member J3LL0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So i have a supercard mini sd and i want to play gbc games. i do the goomba tutorial to make them gba files. then i run it through the supercard program. but where it says patch it always fails. do i have to manually patch it? but the games go on my sd and they run on my GB micro. but when i save using the game it doesnt work. when i do L+R it says save state but it still doesnt work. im planning on getting a ez flash iv just need to find a legit vendor.

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    IIRC, you don't need to patch them.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    H'okay, so there's a few things to address here. The Supercard MiniSD has a built-in version of Goomba Color, where you just put the *.gb and *.gbc files on your card, with an accompanying 64 KB *.sav file, and you use the standard L+R+A+Select button combo to save. However, this is a very old version of Goomba Color ("alpha 6" to be exact), and you probably don't want to use it.

Instead, create a *.gba compilation with the Goomba Frontend like normal. From the PHWiki guide on Goomba Color usage on the Supercard:
    It looks like you're doing everything correct except for the final step of getting the updated SRAM into the *.sav file via the QPC saving method.

EDIT: For the record, it's okay if the Supercard software says "fail" in the patch status. It's expecting to patch commercial games, not homebrew files like Goomba Color.

4. J3LL0
    OP

Member J3LL0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay. I'll try it when I get home.
    Any vendor recommendations for a ez flash?

edit. i failed epicly.